So you want me to consider your favorite band for next year?

control-denied777 said:
Labyrinth and Vision Divine
I agree, but you will never get both on the same bill. I think there is too much animosity between Olaf and the rest of the members of Labyrinth. Either or will do for me although I have been a die hard Labyrinth fan since No Limits!!!

Harvester said:
And for the record, I have posted on my experiences in dealing with Within Temptation and After Forever.

Glenn H.
I hope that doesn't mean that you won't at least try to contact them again. Those are both great bands.

Maybe we should start e-mailing their booking agent and telling them to contact Glenn.

nightwish58 said:
I agree, but you will never get both on the same bill. I think there is too much animosity between Olaf and the rest of the members of Labyrinth. Either or will do for me although I have been a die hard Labyrinth fan since No Limits!!!

From the stories, Olaf left due to his own personal band philosophy: If any member of Labyrinth should come to not fit the group, for whatever reason, then they should walk away to allow the band as a whole to continue in the direction it is going. And from the latest album, I can tell the band was NOT going the way Olaf wanted it. He'd rather see a good band stay good than be forced into something it's not. So he walked away peacefully, and continued his inspirations with Vision Divine. And that, I think, is the most honorable thing a musician can do. I certainly hope there's no anger or bitter tastes in anyone's mouths about that splitup. I am completely glad that Olaf created V.D., and also that Labyrinth was allowed to take the path they did. Both bands get to create music that I wholly enjoy! Can't get better than that!

Bring em both! I can take it! :headbang:

Glenn...please HEAVENLY and DRAGONFORCE..they are 2 of the most amazing well structured power metal bands ever!!! Give tham a chance!!!!! I would be happy to send you a CDR with some of their best stuff!! Thanks!!!

:worship:

I think this will fit the thread.
Glenn, I gave you some listening material personally at the show. It was the new Brave EP, "Passages." I hope you're digging it. Though you told me you don't think they would fit the bill for the show, I sincerely believe that anyone on this forum who checks them out would beg to differ (go to www.bravemusic.com for sound clips). For those who want to listen to something a little different, please go to their web site. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I would like to see Silent Force again.
Masterplan would be a good fit as well.

Sonata Arctica is on the high priority list followed by Stratovarius (If Timo Tolkki can work the kinks out) or perhaps Kotipelto.

You'd better send Glenn some CDs. He might not have heard Stratovarius yet. :Spin:

In fact, everyone should buy CDs by the bands they want to see at ProgPower, and send them to Glenn.

No, it probably won't make a difference to the lineup, but think of the CD store Glenn could open afterward! :tickled: :p

(And yes, this email was a joke. Please do not inundate Glenn with store-bought CDs, unless you just really WANT to. :) )

Met-Al said:
Glenn, I gave you some listening material personally at the show. It was the new Brave EP, "Passages." I hope you're digging it. Though you told me you don't think they would fit the bill for the show, I sincerely believe that anyone on this forum who checks them out would beg to differ (go to www.bravemusic.com for sound clips). For those who want to listen to something a little different, please go to their web site. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wow, color me pleasantly surprised; I do concur and beg to differ: why should the "oddball" slot be reserved exclusively for death/grunt crossover bands, why not equal time for the more proggy and eclectic fringe? Isn't the festival called PROGpower or something like that. :p

The Passages EP evokes The Gathering, while Searching For The Sun is more acoustic and less (but still somewhat) metallic. But there's definitely plenty of ProgPower-worthy heavy material from those two releases to fill an oddball slot.

Harvester said:
Contrary to popular belief, I have not heard every band out there. For example, I have never heard a single Freak Kitchen song in my life. If you want me to consider a more obscure type band, then email me to see if I have heard them. If I haven't, then have the band send me some promo material. Hell, you can burn me a few tunes if you want. That will get them a better chance than no chance at all.

cheers,
Glenn H.
glenn@progpowerusa.com

Just sent you an e-mail Glenn......How much material do you want or need? :Spin:

John W

I'm glad you're digging Brave! Now we just need to convince everybody else (including Glenn) that they're worthy of a slot on the bill.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Remember what he said....

"Posting your "wants" in this thread will do you absolutely no good. Zero. Zip. Nada. You must email me with the offer of listening material. That can be a promo cd, a cd-r, or even a link to a private mp3 download."

Met-Al said:
I think this will fit the thread.

See Brave in Toronto at Northern Lights 2005, July 2...A slew of other great bands, too.