The official guess the new headliner thread

I wish it could be Pain of Salvation (maybe next year, since glenn hinted it might be more prog) but as long as its not a european melodic power metal band I have no problem =) Now if you want a real "out there" choice for the festival, how about Scar Symmetry (would be a better 3rd slot though)? Or how about Green carnation doing theire light of day day of darkness while being interpretted by a puppet theater... that would be "special"

ok....my shot in the dark....and I didn't see them mentioned (sorry if I missed it). What about Within Temptation? ...new album in the fall... technically catagorized as "goth".....but I wouldn't mind seeing them.....might be considered a long-shot by many....who knows....

Hmmm... I need to think about this for a while before I make a prediction... I'll get back to you on Monday or Tuesday. :)

After Forever would kick Epica's ass... It would be a complete lesson on how to make Female Vocal Metal but in a REAL kick ass way!

...and I like Epica... It's just that After Forever is light years ahead of them!

Can I just say that reading this thread is much like reading the Da Vinci Code - a bunch of dedicated people trying to decrypt every last syllable of a brief piece of text.

Did you notice that in his "I've Made My Choice" post, Glenn ended each paragraph with the sequence letters NEGED? And that almost sounds like "NAKED"?? Which means the headliner is going to be G.G. Allin! Place your bets now, people!

Carry on, this is fun! :)

Ken

High Speed Kurt said:
Bruce Dickinson solo band? (THAT WOULD SLAY)

I like the last choice.

Kurt

I'd friggin' DIE. (Which, I'm sure, would thrill Ascension.) Right there, in front of the stage. We played on his show here on the AoB tour, and it's still one of the best club shows I've ever seen...

Unless by some miracle, Glenn was able to get Stream of Passion in the midst of a tour, he said they were too expensive as the bandmembers were all located in different countries. While the band might only have one album, I imagine they can easily "cover" a few Ayreon & Star One songs.
And yes, After Forever would be awesome but I would not want to see Epica & After Forever back to back. Within Temptation also has been something Glenn has tried to get but he said they never give him call backs so he's pretty much gotten fed up.
Green Carnation is another great choice but with a current American tour, I would think that would put them in the B category.

One band I'm kind of surprised I never see mentioned is Tristania. I absolutely love this band. I also really like their new style even if it could easily be described as selling out since they are now much more commercial friendly.

Most of the bands I would love to see I think are in the unlikely to headline section. Oh well, even if it's a band I have personally not listened, doesn't mean I'm not going to go. Could prove to be a great introduction to them. Just like Orphaned Land was last year.

Glenn, Please bring Tarot to America:headbang: :worship:

As Senator Goldwater once said,"In your heart, you know I'm right."

Maybe taking a chance is not having a progressive or power metal band at all but instead maybe a straight forward metal band or a thrash metal band?

What about primal fear? And if you really want to out on a limb; a band I have never seen mentioned on here would be D.A.D. Not sure if they fit bill, but an awesome band. If you don't know them check them out.