The possible return of the Mystery Band (Please read)

Like others have mentioned, it is yiu Glenn who should be thanked. I go to lots of shows and nothing comes close to the progpower experience. Looking very forward to this mystery band and I will send my moolah tomorrow after the paycheck. Lastly, I always look forward to the "how it happened " post.

The largest amount I saw noted within the thread was $100 so I did $125 with the expectation someone will want to top that -(please do, and continue to do so).

Glenn, even it ends up being my least favorite band, I figure after ten consecutive years of ProgPower enjoyment what the heck...

Alrighty, funds sent. Big thanks to Glenn for being willing to take risks like this in order to make PP such a special event. Can't wait to find out what we're paying for! :headbang:

I'm a PP newbie, attending my first one this past year. I wish I had discovered it years ago. I'm happy to do what I can to help keep the greatness going.

I want to thank everyone for their generosity. No where else in the world will you find folks that are willing to do this with the knowledget that they may not even like what is booked.

I can't afford much, but the astounding generosity I was shown last year by some many PP folks... well... I kinda have to. :)

It'll be interesting to see who it is.

Shaye

Also, I would think too that if PP has the potential to book an exclusive band, and it was out in the open, who is to say that another promoter with deep pockets couldn't come along and say, "Oh really? Band X is thinking about doing an exclusive performance this year"??????

I totally understand and respect fully why you would keep it under wraps.

I might kick in a few bucks, even though the reality is that I won't be able to come to the festival. (Certainly not that I don't WANT to).

Ehhh if the band in question has an agent it follows that he would probably be open to entertaining offers from everyone since he will be making $$$ as well as the band. I do agree that the band should be kept a mystery though because it would be a bit "unprofessional" to be like "hey guise, if u want me to bring Master plan 4 a set let me kno" only to find out that they can't make it or whatever and then the fans bitch and moan about it for 6 months.

On another note, Glenn, I want to pop 10-15 bucks your way. To what email/address do I do this (sorry if you already gave this out and I'm too much of a bum to have found it :()?

Promoter Rule #1: Never turn down money.

Maybe it is a promoters' rule, but they stole it from the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. :D

Looks like I missed the boat this time (the link is gone). Serves me right for not checking the Forum the moment I got home late from work. :cry:

Looking forward to seeing who this is. And I'll note that Jimmy Buffet would NOT violate the hints that Glenn posted (although it would have to be something special to be an "exclusive")... :heh: