The Pre-Party is officially NO MORE (A message from Glenn & Shane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Based upon the success of last year's pre-party, the "ProgPower USA Showcase" is now a reality. You may as well consider Thursdays as the unofficial third night of the main festival now as the show now has a permanent home on Center Stage. The plan is to not only maintain the level of talent established over the past two years, but to continue to improve it.The focus (but not the sole intent) of the night will be to return a fan favorite from the previous year (or even earlier in some cases) combined with any combination of other bands that are deserving. With this new plan in place, we can elevate bands to headline status or even return headliners that are unable to find a roster spot on the main show for various reasons. This night will continue to be Shane's baby. He will have full authority and responsibility over all aspects of this night. I will simply serve as his sidekick consultant on returning bands and drink beer that night. Shane has worked hard over the past few years and deserves this night.

-Glenn

As I crawl out from my cold dark hole of recouperation since last month, my thoughts have been on the differences of this years pre-party compared to Progpower 3. I never thought, or really intended for that matter, it would have become what it is now. I am very excited, and very thankful that we have come to this point. Glenn has allowed me to experiment with the show, and make it my own, and for that I am very grateful. Thanks bro :) With his advice and thoughts, I will strive to make the Showcase the BEST it can possibly be, and will continue to consider all worthy talent. I WILL have at LEAST one unsigned/Indy label band on the bill if not two. After all, that is why I started this thing, and I will remain true to that. That being said, we'll continue to have top calibur names, whether returning or not to finish off the evening...

-Shane

Well OK then. :headbang:

Right now, I'm glad for three things.

1- We have such kick ass people planning and working this fest.
2- It just keeps getting better and better.
3- I'm glad I've been in the habbit of coming to Atlanta on Wednesday for several years now. :p

Jeff crawls away from his sick bed in the middle of a freaking blizzard to say "WOO HOO Congrats SHane" on the Showcase. I havent been to all the ProgPowers - but I always considered the Pre-Party to be part of the festival and wouldnt dream of missing it.

Glad to see all of Shane's hard work paid off - now he has more stress & logistics to deal with :) Good job to everyone involved with the old "pre-Party" - looking forward to teh Showcase :)

Congrats again brutha,
Jeff:headbang:

Still two seperate ticket purchases right?

But this is great news. Looking forward to all 3 nights's lineups.

Awesome, congratulations to Shane, all the hard
work has paid off!!!

Cheers,

Neal

P.S. Pyramaze and Vicious Rumors for next year's ProgPower USA Showcase!

Wow!!! Awesome news.
Being able to see top notch bands three nights in a row at the Center Stage is killer. Any chance in the future of getting a Pre Pre Party with some bands on Wednesday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.