The Pre-Party is officially NO MORE (A message from Glenn & Shane)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J-Dubya 777 said:
I'm not Paula, but I rarely use 7 years of Spanish, and can tell you some of it:

"Laughs"

"We need to find/get lives!"

and the last line starts with "You know..... Empress & you......"

Juan W :heh:
Thanks my friend for the wonderful translation. FREAK KITCHEN FOR THE PRE-PARTY(even though they aren't Italian)

Dominick_7 said:
I agree with you about Freak Kitchen. I thought the bassist had an awesome voice, and liked just a few songs. They made me chuckle, but it's not a stand up fest.

Exactly. :)

Pyramaze51 said:
Thanks my friend for the wonderful translation.

Even if he was incorrect about "Empress & You..." and only translated "You know", and the first line. :rolleyes:

Kind of hard to correctly translate anything that is divided and split up in to some kind of gibberish form of a language that only those privy to understanding the code can make out. Even without being able to make out the context of the actual words, the intent was blatantly obvious. Who, exactly, should be rolling their eyes here?

I think it's safe to say that the amount of maturity in some portions of this thread is on an infantile level and should be left in elementary school, where even there it doesn't belong. This thread began as a wonderful announcement by Shane and Glenn for the benefit of all ProgPower Attendees and the talent we go to support each year. Something that should be honored and applauded. Instead it's been dragged down in to some childish display of opinionated attitudes and disrespect. I am personally disgusted and offended that anyone would choose to detract from the sharing of this wonderful news only to be spiteful towards others who don't share their opinions. Joking around in a friendly manner is one thing, some of the BS in this thread is something else entirely. ::sigh::

13ShadesofGray said:
Kind of hard to correctly translate anything that is divided and split up in to some kind of gibberish form of a language that only those privy to understanding the code can make out. Even without being able to make out the context of the actual words, the intent was blatantly obvious. Who, exactly, should be rolling their eyes here?

I think it's safe to say that the amount of maturity in some portions of this thread is on an infantile level and should be left in elementary school, where even there it doesn't belong. This thread began as a wonderful announcement by Shane and Glenn for the benefit of all ProgPower Attendees and the talent we go to support each year. Something that should be honored and applauded. Instead it's been dragged down in to some childish display of opinionated attitudes and disrespect. I am personally disgusted and offended that anyone would choose to detract from the sharing of this wonderful news only to be spiteful towards others who don't share their opinions. Joking around in a friendly manner is one thing, some of the BS in this thread is something else entirely. ::sigh::

Ditto what Shades said.

Wow, my opinion must REALLY be important. I feel special, thanks.

Sure, I agree with Shades. Funny that you agree also, Pyramaze, when you're doing it yourself.

I think it's VERY immature that because I have MY OWN opinion, two people got so upset about it that they had to resort to this pathetic shit. It's not like I said ANYTHING childish in my original thread about Freak Kitchen not doing anything for me musically. Had I said "they suck, they're gay", then I completely would agree with someone defending them and taking what I said personal, even if STILL it's an opinion, but I didn't say it in THAT way at all. But I should have expected that, like I did.

Still, these two CHILDISH boys, that I'm sure are older than me, got so offended, that they tried to make "jokes" about me because I like bands like Rhapsody and Vision Divine.

Of course, friends will defend friends, and I'm not here to ARGUE. I think it's a bit stupid which is why I haven't taken the time to respond about it seriously, until now. I never said anything before this to try to insult either of you or to shrink down to your level, OR keep it going.

Dominick agreed with what I said, and nothing was said to him, I wonder why? Oh, I know, he's a guy and I'm a girl, maybe it's easier for you two. What else to expect from the Metal community anymore.

Anyway, saying stupid things like "Because they're not Italian", "Because they don't sing about Power Metal". Oh god, are you actually serious? I don't like the music. You can't handle the opinion of a GIRL? Of ANYONE? I'm not gonna pout and cry if you don't want Vision Divine back because you didn't 'feel' their music, so why should you worry because I didn't like Freak Kitchen? There are many people on this thread who DO like them, and vote them, so why is MY opinion so important?

Get over it. It's a discussion board. I don't care what bands I like that you don't, but don't sit here and try to judge ME, personally as if you know me at all (and thank god I don't know you). Or assume just because I like some band that has been on my avatar since I created an account on this website is the ONLY band I like in the universe. And then in the end try to make it a "joke".

Personally, if they did come back next year, good for them, AND their fans, I like to sochialize with good people, and that would be the perfect time to do that, and to shop.

I didn't want to "explain" or do this, but it's done, and I hope you're satisfied, and I hope I was CLEAR enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.