The Pre-Party is officially NO MORE (A message from Glenn & Shane)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvester said:
To answer a few questions:

1. The ticket is seperate.
2. The difference in shows is that Shane will have unsigned bands along with being able to break the "two year rule" while I will not.
3. Metal Karaoke will become a permanant fixture on Wed night.
Thanks for the clarification. I was curious. I'd have been happy either way, as I go for 3 days anyways.

rockyracoon said:
Not sure what world you were living in, or what you're talking about. There never seemed to be much objections to Therion from the get-go. In fact, the vast majority on the forum seemed pretty excited they were playing.

Not sure what world you're living in either, but there were some nay-sayers. I should know. I was here fending them off and trying to convince them to at least watch a couple of songs before they missed something great. And many of those same folks came back on here saying we were right. And then there were those who regretted missing it after seeing all the positive reactions.

I never said that everyone else at ProgPower besides ME that year were naysayers. :rolleyes: I know they had plenty of fans here that year. And I'm proud to have been one of them. :D

YtseJammer said:
Title of the thread scared the shit out of me, not going to lie.

Then I read the thread. HELL YEAH, bring it on.

Oh, btw, Vision Divine was a fan favorite!

I did the same thing! Congrats Shane - you deserve it!:headbang:

This is awesome news but now instead of 2 days off of work I have to take 4. One for travel and 3 to rock... At least I know where one of my 3 weeks per year vacation will be spent.

Azrael LenGraden said:
I second....or third....or fourth VISION DIVINE!!!!

I agree. They loved the festival and the crowd LOVED them.

Personally, I would never want to see Freak Kitchen back at PP, but I wouldn't doubt if it happened. I can only say that they were really funny. But musically they did NOTHING for me. I am not going to vote for a band because they made me laugh the entire set, I don't like their music at all, the only reason I could stand it for those few songs was because it was entertaining to watch, and he was a comedian.

Anyway, it's my opinion, and it doesn't matter. So.. the end.

I'd be EXTREMELY happy to see Freak Kitchen, Vision Divine, Circus Maximus (yes, I know this would be their THIRD consecutive year) Pyramaze and Mercenary all come back and play the pre-party - excusez-moi, ProgPower USA Showcase! However, since all are more-than-worthy of headlining the event I doubt that will happen. Plus, I don't necessarily want to keep some other as yet unknown band from getting the opportunity to rock the stage.

The problem would be choosing just one... <sigh> ;)

Edited to include Pyramaze which somehow didn't make its way from my brain to the keyboard in time.

Empress said:
I agree. They loved the festival and the crowd LOVED them.

Personally, I would never want to see Freak Kitchen back at PP, but I wouldn't doubt if it happened. I can only say that they were really funny. But musically they did NOTHING for me. I am not going to vote for a band because they made me laugh the entire set, I don't like their music at all, the only reason I could stand it for those few songs was because it was entertaining to watch, and he was a comedian.

Anyway, it's my opinion, and it doesn't matter. So.. the end.

Is it because they don't sing about fire, dragons, and the importance of steel?

:Smokedev:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
Is it because they don't sing about fire, dragons, and the importance of steel?

:Smokedev:

J-Dubya

Obviously that isn't the case. But then again you don't know much about about me at all, so I would expect someone to "assume" that. :heh:

Since Thursday will be the unofficial 1st day of Progpower, will there still only be 4 bands playing, or will there be an upgrade to 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.