Where is everybody coming from???

Kai-Guy

May 8, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Always a fun thread to find out where all the crazies for PP VI are coming from :headbang:

Also, we all know what it takes to be Metal (Denim--Leather--sweet Concert T's--going Prog/Power every year...) but, what are some of your 'not so metal' moments? :erk:

I'll give it a try--

First of all--my wife and I are coming from Colorado (this will be my 4th PP in a row!)

I have two not so metal moments:

1) Wearing my collared shirt from work to band practice! To quote my guitar player " I never want to see you wear a fucking collared shirt to practice again!" :D

2) Carrying the basket around the store with my wife at 'Bath & Bodyworks' (more that once and with merchandise in it! :oops: ) I'm not sure what the metal gods thought of that? :D

Have fun with this post--and we'll see ya all in a couple of months!!!

Force10 said:
I have had more non-metal moments than I can count.

Coming from
<------------------
Afraid I have to say the same. :oops:
One that sticks out in my mind was tailgating with a bunch of corporate hacks at a Bruce Springsteen concert two years ago. Hey, the limo-bus, food, ticket and BEER were free!

BTW, Dave and I are coming from New Jersey. We fly; we're lazy.

I'm coming from Heaven ....... :saint:

Oh ya. Most non metal moment? Gosh there are so many. Two stepping during happy hour at a country bar here. Its called Tumbleweed. Yikes! Not so :headbang:

Coming all the way from New Milford, Connecticut...

I think my biggest non metal moment was attending a Julio Iglesias concert with my parents about two years ago... I wanna see you guys beating me in this one lol...

I did have a nice Blind Guardian shirt on though...

AngraRULES said:
Coming all the way from New Milford, Connecticut...

I think my biggest non metal moment was attending a Julio Iglesias concert with my parents about two years ago... I wanna see you guys beating me in this one lol...

I did have a nice Blind Guardian shirt on though...

Can't beat you with the parents, thing... My mom took me to my first metal concert (Autograph at the Troubador in Hollywood) when I was about 13 ;)

Coming from the slightly shaken San Diego, CA. And my most non-metal moment... egad so many to choose from! lol I'd say blubbering like a complete fool the first time I saw the opening "Circle of Life" sequence for The Lion King. (There are worse, but I plead the 5th!)

Driving from Cinci. Most non metal moment...? was at that same Bruce Springstein show @ 2 years ago, with my mom,...Or maybe while working in Lexington for a while,...and beginning to KNOW the words to more than 2 country songs! scary!

I'm coming from the great state of Tennessee!

My not so metal moment, amongst many? My wife and I took a tour of the Coca Cola factory last year on Saturday afternoon before the festival. Of course, I was wearing my brand new PPV t-shirt. A worker at the factory eyeballed my t-shirt and asked me if that was metal music. I replied back, yes. She looked at me and said, you don't look like the type!!!! :-( I know I'm not Urban Breed here, but geeze lady, give me a break! :)

I'll be flying in from Rochester, NY.

Hey, don't pick on the Coca-Cola factory, I've kicked myself every PP in Atlanta for not taking time out to see it!

Hmmm, trying to think of my most non-metal moment. Ah, got one, seeing the movie "My Dog Skip" with my daughter. She was handling it well (she was about 10 or 11), but I was crying like a 3-year old through it.

raiderdeath1 said:
My wife and I are making the 11 hour drive from Lansing, Michigan

I want to say like this when i get married *again* :)
Hi to people whom i don't know, i haven't been around here for a while.. so please be kind :wave: i'm from Tokyo, Japan.
This is my second time since PP3, and every year i was hoping "this's gonna be the second time" but this year, i'll make it by all means!

My non-metal moment.. the worst and saddest moment was, last year, on the same day of PP i had to attend the conference wearing business suits, exchanging name cards with the businessmen from Europe...imagining everybody having their best time of their lives seeing Savatage, Edguy, Tad Morose or Brainstorm..

This year i would quit my job if something like this happens. i shall return Atlanta :headbang:

:cool:
Bad Girl Tess said:
I'm coming from Heaven ....... :saint:

Oh ya. Most non metal moment? Gosh there are so many. Two stepping during happy hour at a country bar here. Its called Tumbleweed. Yikes! Not so :headbang:

Two more of us coming from "Heaven"!! They call us the "Mr. Lonelys" aound the Houston metal scene. No, scratch that - We call ourselves the "Mr. Lonelys". Long story!!

Gawd, GINA!! C & W??

I can't BELIEVE I'm telling this, but I saw The Carpenters when I was in college!! Give me a break - It was the '60s - it musta been the drugs!!!!

Chris :headbang: