Where is everybody coming from???

Kai-Guy said:
Always a fun thread to find out where all the crazies for PP VI are coming from :headbang:

Coming from Cary, North Carolina...(just moved here from northern Virginia). Still trying to find out about the local music scene...anyone have a clue about it (Raleigh/Durham area)?

Most non-metal moment? Geeez...I'm an IT consultant, so probably every minute of every day of my life (outside of concerts, of course)... :) Toward the top of the list, though, would be the various country music concerts I got dragged to as a youth (c'mon, folks, I grew up in southern West Virginia!).

I bet no one else here can claim (or would admit?) that they've seen Barbara Mandrell, the Oak Ridge Boys, Charlie Daniels Band, the Statler Brothers (multiple times), Ronnie Milsap, *and* Chet Atkins (heckuva guitarist, R.I.P.). And those are just the ones I haven't been able to repress... :oops:

sccaldwell said:
Coming from Cary, North Carolina...(just moved here from northern Virginia). Still trying to find out about the local music scene...anyone have a clue about it (Raleigh/Durham area)?

Most non-metal moment? Geeez...I'm an IT consultant, so probably every minute of every day of my life (outside of concerts, of course)... :) Toward the top of the list, though, would be the various country music concerts I got dragged to as a youth (c'mon, folks, I grew up in southern West Virginia!).

I bet no one else here can claim (or would admit?) that they've seen Barbara Mandrell, the Oak Ridge Boys, Charlie Daniels Band, the Statler Brothers (multiple times), Ronnie Milsap, *and* Chet Atkins (heckuva guitarist, R.I.P.). And those are just the ones I haven't been able to repress... :oops:

Hey There....I have lived here in Raleigh since '89.

Not much of a metal scene here but a pretty good music scene.
We travel to see most metal shows.

Ziggy's in Winston Salem is about the best place in NC near here for metal shows...saw Rhapsody and BLS there this year.

In Raleigh the Lincoln Theater is a good place for shows.....Clutch, Kings X....COC......

Have a few few smaller places like Kings and the Pour House that do mostly local bands.

You have The Cats Cradle in Chapel Hill....mostly indie scene though occasionally some really good shows.....saw the Eels....Cheap Trick...Souther Culture on the Skids....

If ya need sites and more info...pm me.

kittybeast said:
Junnie, you must make it!!!! I so look forward to meeting you! I think you have everyone beat for longest flight! :D

Hi Kitty!! thank you for your wish! i bought a cool shirt a couple of days ago, and decided not tp wear it till Atlanta!

i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to meeting you and the fellow phorceheads! yay:headbang:

Bear said:
Yeah but Junnie you are making the MOST metal moment by coming this year as compared to last!!!You get the record for bringing the most metal heads from across the world too!!!

headbob.gif

hey Bear! thanks!!!! yeah i will!!!! 2 more months... can't wait woohoo!!! :hotjump:

edgeofthorns said:
I'm coming from the great state of Tennessee!

My not so metal moment, amongst many? My wife and I took a tour of the Coca Cola factory last year on Saturday afternoon before the festival. Of course, I was wearing my brand new PPV t-shirt. A worker at the factory eyeballed my t-shirt and asked me if that was metal music. I replied back, yes. She looked at me and said, you don't look like the type!!!! :-( I know I'm not Urban Breed here, but geeze lady, give me a break! :)

i've been there too! hehehehe :tickled:

we'll be driving from Huntsville, Alabama. my least metal moment...hmmm.....only one that comes to mind without me thinking so hard is my job...i work as a lifeguard, manager, and coach for a pool during summers. a metalhead lifeguard, now that's hard to find.

I'm from Long Island, NY...but since I'll be at school I'm gonna be flying out of Philly.

My most recent non-metal moment was being convinced to join a Christian rock band a last fall at school. On top of that we were terrible. :headbang:

I will be coming in from Holland- but I'm traveling through Israel, cause I am going on a vacation there and I want to see the Orphaned Land show in Israel on august 10th.
Only thing is> will my visa be ready in time??? Damn, can someone write the embassy about this? Normally I do not need a visa, but because of traveling from Israel I will need one. Only, they forgot to tell me..... so I'm kinda running late in applying for one :erk:

I am really looking forward to seeing a bit of teh US metalscene. I have been to metalconcerts in many countries- but never to the US!!!

:wave: C ya there ( if they let me in)

Good Luck, MOrticiaNL! Hope we get a chance to meet. I was in Holland for the first time last year. Had a great time and hope to return. Lucky you seeing Orphaned Land in Israel. That will be truly special. As for the U.S. metal scene, you couldn't have picked a better show then ProgPower to get introduced to it. It truly is the best.

AngraRULES said:
Coming all the way from New Milford, Connecticut...

I think my biggest non metal moment was attending a Julio Iglesias concert with my parents about two years ago... I wanna see you guys beating me in this one lol...

I did have a nice Blind Guardian shirt on though...

Hey, Julio Iglesias ROCKS! it's his son who sucks!

Coming from Chapel Hill, NC 6+hr drive, not too bad.

sccaldwell said:

I've just been here in Chapel Hill, NC for a couple of months but there's a site you can check...www.ncscene.com or org, don't remember!

Or www.ziggyrock.com:):headbang: DUDE, you're in IT too? kool.

Thanks AMBR- I know about the OL shows in Israel. I was there twice before ( in Israel) hehehe- you could say I'm kinda crazy about them.
In fact, me coming over to the US has everything to do with them performing there. But that is not to say that I will not enjoy the rest of the ride- ! There are some great bands lined up for this festival.
For sure we will meet- here's a pic of me`so you will know who I am ( those guys are from In Flames- I met them at a festival in Istanbul- Turkey, last week)

Great photo. Is that Jesper and Peter? I'll be going with my brother, Dave and his wife, Michelle. Here's a picture of Dave and I taken last year with some guy from Finland. ;)
PP04timo1kot2.jpg

I'll be arriving from Jyväskylä, Finland hopefully on Wednesday night. Totally happy I got to post on this topic now :)

9wks 5days 15mins 39secs until the PPUsa doors open to the general public, not that I'm counting or anything!

Btw. Morticia NL I may change planes in Amsterdam while on my way to the US for PP, please let me know if the airport or KLM sucks so I won't choose those flights heheh