Your hopes for reunions at PP?

New Kids on the Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
er... wait... band reunions... not worst f***ing trend starters of all time.

I'd have to say CREMATORY, despite any accusations that they wouldn't fit in the prog/power schema.

adaher said:
Surprised no one has mentioned Celtic Frost yet.
Well, I would fuckin' LOVE to see them, but I seriously doubt they would fly at ProgPower (though "Rex Irae: Requiem" could possibly be argued as the predecessor to bands like Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, and After Forever) (not to mention their obvious influence on Therion)

Ryan

adaher said:
I don't know. I bought "Flow" just before Progpower and except for "Would it be the Same?" I was bored to tears. Flow suffers from the same disease of most prog metal in the 90s. Slooooowwwwwwww.
Different strokes for different folks I guess? I think "Flow" is one of the best discs of the past decade.

Britt

Yngvai X said:
I'm going to kill anyhopes for a Psychotic Waltz reunion...not to give too much info away or anything but I heard from an extremely reliable source that this will never happen.

While I believe in "never say never," I would agree. Devon was nice to talk with though.

Glenn H.

Metalmilita2000 said:
You people are forgetting about Accept, they DID just reunite for some shows...

Brent

Amen Brother Brent !!!! One thing I want to add though is that if I want to see Accept play...... it is a five man act. Everyone here (who knows me) knows I am an Accept head, but in the early-mid 90's they went with a four man band and no rythm guitarist. That version of Accept live was barely Accept.
I think the chances of Accept creating 1985-ish magic are good as a five man act, but is very poor as a four man act. Trust me on this because I adore accept, but when they let the great Wolf Hoffmann play all of the music, it seriously lacked the punch and power Accept is legendary for.

Bryant

Yep. Those two bands definitely have my vote. I'd give my right nut for either one (sorry, but I'm rather fond of the left one). The only bands that would get both nuts lobbed off would be Fates Warning with John Arch and Black Sabbath with Tony Martin. I guess I can hold onto my twins knowing neither will happen.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Yep. Those two bands definitely have my vote. I'd give my right nut for either one (sorry, but I'm rather fond of the left one). The only bands that would get both nuts lobbed off would be Fates Warning with John Arch and Black Sabbath with Tony Martin. I guess I can hold onto my twins knowing neither will happen.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

DEATH ANGEL would take the roof down!!!

"ACT III", is in my player right now!!! they rip on the guitar

Se7enChurches said:
CYNIC! CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC!!!

Helstar, now that they're back

I second the Angel Dust vote wholeheartedly.

Anacrusis
Mekong Delta
Ryan

The only cool Helstar reunion would be the original "Burning Star" group. I had a band that played against these guys in battle of the band when they were in high school. "WOW" Even at a young age you could not imagine the tallent. I knew them before James joined the band. They had a singer named Adrian Snow. Cool guy.

I'm can still dream of DEATH ANGEL at PP, but i would also like to see ANGEL DUST. GAIA EPICUS, also would be a nice band to check out.

Some of the reunion stuff is completely unrealistic at this time...you know, like Helloween, circa Keepers(or even Oath-Dark Ride for that matter), Queensryche with DeGarmo touring, etc.
Reunions I could see happening that would fit at PP are Accept, Full blown Savatage, and Crimson Glory.
I don't think Conception makes any sense because Kamelot is just getting ready to release a new album.
It's cool to dream though.

Met-Al said:
Yep. Those two bands definitely have my vote. I'd give my right nut for either one (sorry, but I'm rather fond of the left one).

At least it wouldn't get too lonely, 'cuz I'd give my left boob for Conception. :)

I would also love to see Death Angel... got grounded the one time I was going to and so never did. Being a teenager sucked sometimes. Crimson Glory I wouldn't mind though I haven't listened to them since S&B. I'd even like Tony martin-Sabbath or Accept (tho Bryant would probably go nuts at either of those) or Rainbow w/ RJD or JLT (wow, that would be insanely cool) too, but you can keep your Arch-Fates. :) I loves me some Ray Alder.

Shaye

Devil Doll!!!!!

That wouldn't be realistic, though.....I don't even think that's possible.

Maybe Arcturus with Garm.....but that's not realistic either.

I don't have any realistic reunions I"m hoping for....

^_^