Your top 3 memorable music bits

Devourer

Traveller
Jan 20, 2004
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Post your top 3 music bits/parts, of any song, which are so awesome/beautiful you won't forget them. Try to post the lyrics or so too so other people can listen as well!!

#3: Citizen Erased by Muse. First there are 'dark' guitars, then he starts singing and when he starts singing 'For one moment - I wish you'd hold your stage" etc, I just love how he suddenly pitches up his voice so high (he does that often but this song really is beautiful).

#2: The Wonder by Borknagar. The last sentence "I can see the winter all summer through ..... Welcome!". I love the way Vintersorg sings it and it really finishes the song. He sings part of it at the beginning too but in a different way. That makes it even more cool.

#1: My favorite: Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer by Arcturus. The part where he sings (near the middle/end): "Disband all current settings to standard default!". Awesome layered vocals (Simen ftw) with beautiful music and solid drums on the background. This is my favorite Arcturus song and this part is just beautiful. The whole song is awesome by the way, the way it's written and how the song builds up, the most epic song I know!

The ending of Genesis Torn where Simen does that really long scream. The chorus of it too. <3

The Presence Is Ominous, the whole thing.

And the chorus of Om A Danse Bekhette by Myrkgrav, because it's godly.

Ok just one more please!

Nocturnal Vision "None shall pass, this fiery wall. None shall pass, no none at all".

The Presence Is Ominous, the whole thing.

Nocturnal Vision "None shall pass, this fiery wall. None shall pass, no none at all".

You're right about both of these. The Presence is Ominous is propably one of the best songs ever recorded by Borknagar - everythings perfect into every minor detail, the drumarrangements, the vocal layers, everything.

And Nocturnal Vision, well . . . my praise for the aformentioned song might be extended to the whole Archaic Course album as it is - 5/5, masterpiece, amazing, perfect - you choose the fitting word. but what really gives me the chill on this album is Simens singing on The Witching Hour and how the whole song slowly builds into this crashing inferno of a spiritual ride. What overwhelming power!

Fandens Allheim - the fast part near the end of that song. probably the most brutal piece Borknagar ever played, but so beautiful and full of emotion (although I have no idea what Garm is screaming..)

Universums Dunkla Alfabet - somewhere in that song when you can hear the acoustic guitars and Mr. V. starts singing "Kuvad under utforskandets majestat.."

A Memorable Fancy Plates 17-20 - when the guitar kicks in

A Memorable Fancy Plates 17-20 - when the guitar kicks in

This piece has one of my fav bits ever as well... around minute 4, "till looking east between the cloudes & waves"...

Can't name a top 3, but amongst my favs, apart from the above...

oo Pink Floyd - The happiest days of our lives. "But in (but in) the town it was well known..."
oo Ulver - Let the Children Go - 3:18 "after the sun sets..." X__X
oo Donizetti - Una furtiva lagrima, from L'Elisir d'Amore (Juan Diego Florez recording) - 2:40 "I palpiti, i palpiti sentir"
oo Depeche Mode - I am you. 1:50 "no, no, nooo"

... and of course:
oo Borknagar - Circled 2:48 "...the fundamentals of intoxicant thinking? Opposing the stream, never stirring or blinking....".
oo Borknagar - Ad Noctum. 0:41 "The cause of the essence sharpen the lines of dimensions......"

Nice topic Devourer, lovely exercise :)

She did six so I'd like to add: = )

Arcturus-The Chaos Path "wiiithIIIIiiiiIIIiiiIIIIiiin" "WAYVES ov darkneeees"
Myrkgrav-De To Spellemen "To deilige dotre hadde hun, de vente, de vente, vær velkommen hjem"

Yes! I'm in a state of nirvana every time I listen to that.

What else...

Arcturus - latter half of "Evacuation Code Deciphered"

Emperor - second to last part of "Ensorcelled By Khaos"

Aborym - "Black Hole Spell" - 4:34 to the end

Anaal Nathrakh - "The Supreme Necrotic Audnance" - riff starting at 1:55

Deathspell Omega - "Kénôse III" - openining riff

Dimmu Borgir - "Cataclysm Children" - section starting at 2:48

Limbonic Art - "Pits of the Cold Beyond" - pretty much the whole song

There's no way to pick a definitive 3, but here's 3 I like a lot...

Borknagar - Quintessence: as much as I love the vocal performance, the instrumental finale of that song is EPIC AS FUCK
Emperor - With Strength I Burn: "HEAR MY CAAAAAAALLL!!!!!" *riffff*
Turisas - Holmgard And Beyond: Everything from "Many dangers lie ahead/Some of us may never return/Rather sold as a slave to the Saracens/Than chained to your bed!" onward.

Borknagar - Winter Millenium: the climax leading up to "I came from a distance in tiiiiimeeeee..."

I really can't think of any at the moment but that's one that always gets me.

My 3 Bork's :

-Winter Millenium's final.. "I came from a distance on time"...

Colossus - the whole song, specially "The stream of mortality flows uncontrolled..."!!

-Liberated.. the whole song, specially "Where is our place in this order of chaos?"

Another Bork's ones:

-The oohhs of Vintervredets Sjelesagn at 4:44
-Dauden - whole clean vocals

-Clean vocals on all TOD Album!! specially:
*The Winterway's oohs combined with grim vocals
*Grimland Domain's "See the plains so eternally white.."
*The Final part of The Dawn of the End... that's majestic ^^

- Sealed Chambers of Electricity, Cyclus, Circled and The Wonder !!

About another bands... I'll say just a few:

Vintersorg's Vildmarkens Förtrollande Stämmor chorus (when Mr V was a Viking :rofl:),whole 'Vem Styr Symmetrin?' song and the chorus from 'Naturens Mystär'.

Arcturus's 'Raudt og Svart' ending clean vocals (by Garm and Simen too ^^) and Nightmare Heaven:nothing has a history or a nameeee!!!!

from Dimmu: Clean vocals on 'The Insight and the Catharsis', 'The Maelstrom mephisto', Progenies of... and 'The Sacrilegious Scorn'.

'Nagellstev' from Storm and 'Over de Sygende Ode Maer' from Isengard.

'Learning to live' from Dream theater, specially the high oohs made by James.

All Kampfar's viking choruses!!!! if you don't know Kampfar, you must to do it!!

Can you reccomend a viking chorus from Kampfar? I remember them being straight up black metal.

I'd also like to add from the Epic album.

"Numbers are the essence of all thiiiings, and a metaphysical prinicpaaal, of rational, order in the universe"

And from the song Origin "ahhhhhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHHHhh ahhhhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhAHHHHHHHHAaaaa"

Bork/Vintersorg stuff:

the solo on "inherit the earth"

the end of "uberget"

"a star guided coronation" and "the explorer" off visions

As for the rest of the music I listen too...yea this shit is really to hard. i hate these topics, but they do make me think!

Can you reccomend a viking chorus from Kampfar? I remember them being straight up black metal.

Songs:

Kampfar - from EP Kampfar '94

Hymne - EP Kampfar and Mellom Skogkledde Aaser '97 versions. Both starts off with great Dolk's viking vocals (he's playing drums too), through all the song he's making backing clean vocals and the great finale: An amazing viking chant taken from Voluspa poem...one of my favorite Viking acts ever...

Bukkeferd - the beggining is great, mixing grim and amazing viking vocals.

Balgalderkvad - at 3:25 sounds only clean vocals... wow!!!

On their 2 first releases, they used a lot of viking voices, now they're playing more raw black metal, with some backing clean vocals here and there...

http://www.myspace.com/norsepagans

Hello, I do not know this band, and am in need of answers. Whats the best album? and can you name top 10+ songs? Thanks alot