Headliner Announcement

Hmm that's funny, my first was Winterheart's Guild and I prefer it over Reckoning Night. BUT! White Pearl Black Oceans is truly a mammoth epic IMHO.

So much for the CD budget (again), as if we ever had one! hehe

Thank you Glenn!!! :worship:

Yeah, it's all relative. I love everything they've done...I was just thinking that WG might shed a slightly darker tone than Sonata's known for.

Not familiar with the band but saw the You Tube video and will check out the recommendations others have left as to which cd to buy as a good introduction. I liked the video so it should be a show.

What has me excited is that they'll be playing for a real crowd. When I saw them in feb, there were only about 20-30 people that knew who they were and even then they put on an awesome freaking show. This time, what will they do with 1000+ Americans *gasp* chanting their name?? It'll rock beyond all that rocks!!

A W E S O M E! This just made my week. Watching that video gave me goose bumps just thinking back to seeing them in January.

For those that are going to check them out, I suggest Reckoning Night. I know all the older fans (I only started listening to them when Winterheart's Guild came out) will say the earlier albums, but Reckoning Night is my hands down favorite power metal album. Check out the incredibly epic White Pearl, Black Oceans from that album.

Also, it's worth picking up the version of Reckoning Night that has the all the bonus songs. Awesome cover of Depeche Mode's World In My Eyes.

Glenn - :kickass:

Outstanding, I saw them in SF on their last tour in a very small venue and they kicked ass in that place, can't wait to see them on a full stage.

Just do everyone a favor and give the Bassist a gallon of Jolt before the show, he's gotta be one of the most boring live musicians i've ever seen. Other than him though, great live show and they sound fantastic.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

What has me excited is that they'll be playing for a real crowd. When I saw them in feb, there were only about 20-30 people that knew who they were and even then they put on an awesome freaking show. This time, what will they do with 1000+ Americans *gasp* chanting their name?? It'll rock beyond all that rocks!!
Wow! Really? When we opened for them at Jaxx in April 2005, it was PACKED! From what I understand, it was all but sold out. I heard the only tickets left were like 10-20 that one of the other local openers hadn't sold.

Here, check out this picture from that show. And this was during OUR set!

Fans3.jpg

http://www.odinscourtband.com/images/Fans/Fans3.jpg

Also, when Sonata returned to Jaxx a few months back, Our friends in Division told us that it was again a PACKED show (we didn't open that time).

There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a HUGE draw for PP!

HOLY SHINTO!!! The best news I've heard in a while....I also started with Silence....as a matter of fact, I have subjected my co-workers to it on our Escient media server here @ the office:headbang:

Sonata Arctica is one of the best shows I've been to. This is going to be incredible to see them finally at Progpower. These are one of the bands that I think really deserves to play at PP.

Wow, this is not who I was expecting. I actually used to be really into them and haven't been listening to them much lately. This gives me the push to break out the albums again. That and I have a Young Guitar magazine with Jani Liimatainen and Gus G. on the cover, so I get two of those guitarists at one show.

Coz it comes with a live dvd included (for a great price as well) - I dont think I have listened to the cd itslef yet - just put on the dvd and bounce around the house doing my cleaning etc.

Kudos Glenn, I can cross another band off my wish list - right freakin' on :)

jeff