The official guess the new headliner thread

St Enigma said:
Tarot is just now making a new record due out before/in summer and and booking gigs for the summer tour, the first half a dozen confirmed dates were revealed on their website this week.

If Glenn really wants them to play at PP VII there is a good chance he'll get them sign a deal right now when they are booking more gigs.

Great news on the Tarot front. l've been waiting for a new release from these guys. l hope the new stuff is as good as Suffer.

Glenn has posted that he has made his choice...who knows...

I don't think it can be After Forever or Within Temptation, though I'd love to see either. Glenn stated earlier in the thread that he wants somebody who WANTS to be a PP. Glenn has had trouble getting any response whatsoever from both bands in the past, so I'd guess they're both out.

I have no guess of my own.

How about Mercyful Fate. Going by D. I am thinking an oldschool band that wouldnt fit the traditional Progpower usa mold but would fit controversial and unconventional.

Kenneth R. said:
+2 if your avatar and sig came from where I think they did.

If you're thinking a little ole anime called Bleach, then yes. Though I really only read the manga. Need to watch the anime because I've really been in the mood to make an AMV featuring Mr Kon.

Now to just hunt down Glenn's clues...

I'll have to do something similar to 4-String Annihilation and guess.....

Jimmy Buffet! Nevermind the fact that he's been in the US quite a bit. It would be a huge curveball to everyone. And Glenn would love it so. And it wouldn't be "Just another tour/festival" to him because I don't believe he's gone to metal fests before. This would work as some controverisial thing maybe?

That would put Glenn's #2 and #1 bands as headliners for the fest. WTF, it's Glenn's festival....

And even Atlanta's music media might take notice of ProgPower if Buffett was booked. :D

Jimmy Buffett - Raw & Electric - One night only at Prog Power VII
Earthlink Live.....Be There....there there....../echo off......

J-Dubya - Wonders what the metal crunch version of Margaritaville would sound like......

killer77 said:
Platitude? Andromeda? Scar Symmetry??
WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I like you style and your choices, PLATITUDE and ANDROMEDA both with new CDs out, SCAR SYMMETRY new CD out in 2005 that was an ass kicker, would love to see all three.:hotjump: