One more band to guess....

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
Who is the headliner on Saturday folks?

I originally predicted Brainstorm, but I doubt we'll have another repeat. I think we already have a record with three repeats, although I could be wrong.

I have to say I'm stumped now, so I'll just throw out a wild-ass guess: Fates Warning finally says yes.

Who will -be- (can't say is... since Glenn doesn't even know yet)::

Shadow Gallery -- This way Glenn can say that he finally got them to play live. In their home country.

((BTW. Fates Warning would be a bad choice... with Ray already singing on Friday).

Fates Warning would be a great choice even if Ray is singing Friday. However, based on past info I dout it would happen. I am pulling for Symphony X.

He's singing Friday. And he can handle it.

Shadow Gallery would be a really good choice, although I fear that a whole bunch of people wouldn't know who they were. They seem more like a Conception-type band in terms of notoriety: very popular with longtime prog lovers, but not so much with people newer to the genre.

But either band would make PPVIII the "FINALLY!" Progpower considering how many times Glenn has asked Sonata and Fates to play the fest.

I know he could handle it. But I'd hate to see Redemption show up Fates Warning =D
But really I just think that it would be a bad choice to have both bands play. But I like FW well enough that I'd enjoy seeing them.

If Tarot is still possible that would really be my choice. Iced Earth would be awesome too but I think they're a true headliner, even without Barlow.

Iced Earth would tear the house down so sickly and so would symphony x. Ill throw out Rhapsody of Fire? possible or maybe something like Angra once more.. couldn't hurt.

Alot of the bands being mentioned seem like stand alone headliners to me. This got me thinking, since Glenn says that he doesn't have the 5th spot filled I wonder if he will still have co-headliners or if he has someone in mind to co headline but just not yet confirmed. If your listening Glenn I want you to know that you can bring anyone you want at this point, I'm already in Atlanta....(mentally). This years fest is gonna kick ass! :kickass: