The official guess the new headliner thread

Jibrille said:
One band I'm kind of surprised I never see mentioned is Tristania. I absolutely love this band. I also really like their new style even if it could easily be described as selling out since they are now much more commercial friendly..
they would be awesome.
+1

+2 if your avatar and sig came from where I think they did.

I have read all of the guesses and read glenn's hints again and I think it could be "WINTERLONG", they fit into this catagory.

Bon jovi?
1018.jpg

The_Kinslayer said:
Tarot.... or MOONSORROW!!!!! Both would be pretty big suprises.
Tarot is a band that I have heard of but have never heard anything from . I came across Suffer Our Pleasures though, and i like what I'm hearing so far. Is there another disc or two of theirs that you think is their high water mark? I might look to invest in them in the near future.

Britt

Tarot is just launching six remastered albums from their back catalog on March 1st. Look in here: http://www.wingsofdarkness.net/news.php

If I wasn't going to buy all of them at once, I'd go for "For The Glory Of Nothing" and "Follow Me Into Madness" to start with.

Tarot is just now making a new record due out before/in summer and and booking gigs for the summer tour, the first half a dozen confirmed dates were revealed on their website this week.

If Glenn really wants them to play at PP VII there is a good chance he'll get them sign a deal right now when they are booking more gigs.

DarkTide said:
Tarot is a band that I have heard of but have never heard anything from . I came across Suffer Our Pleasures though, and i like what I'm hearing so far. Is there another disc or two of theirs that you think is their high water mark? I might look to invest in them in the near future.

Britt

Suffer Our Pleasures is a pretty solid, well-produced representation of Tarot's sound, but If you're looking to go deep into their back catalogue, you'll probably have to wait until the remasters of all their old albums are released on March 1st, unless you know of a good way to obtain fairly rare metal albums. As far as the back catalogue goes, I tend to prefer the more mature sound of the newer releases (particularly 'For the Glory of Nothing'). However, if old school metal is your thing, an album such as 'Follow Me Into Madness' is a fine choice. I don't think you can really go wrong with Tarot though.