One more band to guess....

I don't know about anyone else on this board but I consider myself pretty young. 25. And Ive been on this board for a few years now and Ive never got a chance to come to one of these parties yet because until I wasnt able to drop the cash...well now I can and as much as touring has improved many of the HUGE Power bands (Gamma Ray, Edguy, Stratovarius etc...) dont do US tours and if they do its not a full tour that most can see. So for people in my situation that couldn't be there from the begining like some of you, I welcome the repeats because for me and some other guy out there...They aren't repeats at all....So I say bring em on!

GAMMA RAY!!!!!

That's me as well. I'm only 20 and have wanted to go to PP for awhile and this will be the first one I will be able to attend...Hell, I'm actually hoping for a repeat...Brainstorm

Repeats are not a problem at all. Some of you need to quit whining about too many repeats. As has been pointed out, many people who attend have not been to all of the fests. I have only been going since V. Also if the band is good then why not see them again?? I for one would kill to see Brainstorm perform a full headlining set and I have seen them live twice before.

Still not sure why people are saying the lineup is power heavy. 4 of the bands would definitely be in the prog category (Communic, Redemption, Pagan's Mind, Threshold). I think I would put Raintime more in the prog category than power as well. So that would make it 5-4 prog. Similar to what someone posted several days ago.

I think the last band will be someone everyone has at least heard of. So I don't think it would be Morgana Lefay. I hadn't really heard of them until right now.

Still not sure why people are saying the lineup is power heavy. 4 of the bands would definitely be in the prog category (Communic, Redemption, Pagan's Mind, Threshold). I think I would put Raintime more in the prog category than power as well. So that would make it 5-4 prog. Similar to what someone posted several days ago.

I think the last band will be someone everyone has at least heard of. So I don't think it would be Morgana Lefay. I hadn't really heard of them until right now.

But Communic and PM have Power tendencies.

honestly when your talking about power and prog METAL, almost every band that comes to mind in either genre really has elements of both.

every band this year thats either power or prog has elements of the other, IMO

its pointless to care, the bands are all unique IMO, and thats all that matters.

I've got all of Pagan's Mind albums and one of the Communic albums. I never once thought of them as power metal bands. But I guess people hear what they want to hear. It doesn't really matter what groups are classified as along as I enjoy listening to them. It was just making me a little crazy that some people keep on saying it is power heavy lineup when it looks quite balanced to me.

I believe the lineup is evenly divided between the prog and power genres. I enjoy many bands from both genres but am hoping the last band is someone I'm really into. Even if its not, I have no doubt Glenn will do a fantastic job in choosing the Saturday night co-headliner.

But Communic and PM have Power tendencies.
They have tendencies, but that's it. They are more PROG bands as evidenced in just about any mention of either band's name anywhere. We have 5 prog bands and four traditional/power acts. One more power band to balance it out. And the showcase should have two power bands to balance it out, too. I'm not complaining at all. Just doing the math.

I'd love to see Celesty or Dragonland.. both worthy of headlining and Dragonland just released there new cd so I think that would be good for them to play!! well cross my fingers.. but doubt it. :(