Headliner Announcement

Well Not really into these guys much anymore, maybe the live show will change my opinion.

Speaking as someone who was somewhat "ehh..." on them before I saw them live, and now they are one of my favorite bands in the genre, it's a good bet you'll be won over.

BTW, thanks to Paul for sponsoring a great headliner!

TOtally understand your point. I've seem them 2 times by now..they are good live, but some people just don't like them..... lol even after the live show. But I hope you will enjoy it :)

If that video represented the "bulk" of their music, I would be a BIG fan. But...it doesn't. However, I agree with their headline status, and I am in no way disapointed. Maybe they're better live. I said it before.....it just gets better and better!:headbang: :headbang:

I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I did enjoy their debut disc. Everything after that seemed awfull generic. I'm not a big fan of the vocals either. I'll give them a shot to win me over in the live venue ... if they do great .. if not I'll just get an early start in the after show partying.

Britt

Awesome!!! I definitely look forward to seeing them a second time! They're such a great band to see live! I'm throwing up both pairs of my metal horns for that!
MetalHorns.jpg
horns-1.jpg

I am stoked to see that Sonata is playing! My fiancee and I have seen them twice in NYC and both times they rocked! My fav. album by them is Silence, it's what first turned me onto these guys...hope to hear Weballergy in the set. Tony sings with so much expression in his voice...he really shines through on songs like Last Drop Falls. Can't wait to see them again!
A BIG thank you to Glenn...you rock! :headbang:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

it is going to be one hell of a great fucking week!

Seen them once at Jaxx, can't wait for more, next few months will be filled with hours of converstion about how we did'nt really see this one coming!

Good one Glenn! I saw them last year, and I did not know any of their tunes going into it. They rocked my socks, and I am now a big fan. They put on a great live show, their melodies are almost annoyingly infectious, they're technically brilliant, and (big bonus for me) they play everything live - no prerecorded backing tracks! The naysayers among ye will mostly be won over I think.

BTW, thanks to Paul for sponsoring a great headliner!

You're welcome, sir! :headbang:

Sooooo, I had a weird morning. While I was on the way to work, Glenn called to congratulate me, saying that he would have to reveal one of the headliners in a few minutes and that I was the sole sponsor. But, I missed the call, and he left a message....without mentioning WHO it was. (Always the tease, our Glenn :D )

So I spent alll morning in class at work, unable to escape and check the website, going stir-crazy not knowing who the headliner was that I'd sponsored.

Cool news indeed!

Now, who the heck can Glenn possibly have up his sleeves to co-headline on Saturday night?! :kickass:

Sonata Arctica embodies everything ProgPower stands for, in my opinion. They are beyond deserving of this slot and you can bet your sweet asses they will deliver!

There's so much truth to this statement. When I first discovered them with Ecliptica, it was due to posts and mentions on the old Ytsejam (Dream Theater) Mailing List. So, I never really associated them with power-metal as much as with progressive......and yet, as many have said, they have a lot of power elements too. They are one of the few bands that truly sit on the cusp of both genres, and they really DO embody the best spirit of ProgPower.

I think Glenn's "Finally!" pretty much says it all. :headbang: