Iron Maiden hits Chicago!!! Yes!!!!!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
OK This is HUGE! Iron Maiden, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Iced Earth, Elvenking, Serenity, and Manticora in one year?! Plus a tentative Nightwish/ Sonata Arctica show? Geezus!!!!!!!!

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 11:53:20 EST

The following dates have now been announced for the North American leg of IRON MAIDEN's Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour '08:

March
14 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center
16 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre

May
21 - San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless
22 - Houston, TX - Woodlands
25 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
26 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
28 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
30 - Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
31 - Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

June
2 - Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre
3 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
5 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
6 - Regina, SK - Brandt Center
8 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
9 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
11 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
12 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
14 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
15 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
17 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
18 - Quebec City, QC - Colisée Pepsi
20 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
21 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
22 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

The Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour was inspired by Maiden's recently released DVD, Live After Death (New Door Records/Ume). Filmed and recorded over four spectacular nights at Long Beach Arena on the Powerslave Tour"in 1985, this has long been a benchmark for rock concert videos and live albums, and the CD remains one of the biggest-selling live albums ever with sales in excess of six million worldwide. With the video having been largely unavailable for many years, the fan's massive interest in this legendary concert continues to this day with the DVD debuting at No. 1 on charts around the world (including The UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark and Finland), as well as No 2 on the Billboard USA Chart and in Canada.

This tour revisits the band's history by focusing almost entirely on their classic 80's period in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which is based around the legendary Egyptian Production of that Powerslave Tour as portrayed on the Live After Death DVD. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented. Furthermore the band intends to bring along for this summer leg of the tour the colossal mummy of Eddie, as featured on the Live After Death DVD, along with various other elements of the show that would not fit on their 757 on the first leg of this tour, which included the shows at the Forum and Izod Centre. Sadly no jumbo has a door big enough to fit in such a massive and imposing monster!!!

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson ; "We are all greatly looking forward to getting back to see our fans in places like Texas, the South West and Seattle where we haven't played for quite some time. And for this leg we will be able to bring along all Eddie's toys which we couldn't get on our plane during the first leg. We are all having a great time on this tour and really can't believe the excitement it is creating round the world and the huge numbers of people who are turning out to see us. It makes for a really very exciting time for all of us, fans and band alike."

Why did you do that????????

That was an amazing show.

It was great to NOT have to hear Run To The Hills, # Of The Beast, or the Trooper, for the zillionth time live..

Well I like hearing the Trooper. I just wasn't interested in going to a weekday show (which I hate), and that my interest in the new album wasn't as great as it will be seeing the Powerslave-ish tour.

The videos I caught on You Tube looked excellent - but I only really love a handful of songs from AMOLAD.

I will bear your love child if you sneak us all in :)

The box isn't as exciting as it sounds.
Ours, believe it or not, is not even stocked...

It's still though nice being to go in the glass sound proof room and be able to have a conversation during bands.

Also, infront of the room are two rows of seats...

I have never had such "plush" comfort for a SLAYER show before.. :lol: