Iron Maiden hits Chicago!!! Yes!!!!!

Also "Phantom of the Opera". Other than the show at the Aragon in '99 they haven't played that tune in Chicago in years.

Right, but there are SO many tunes that have barely ever been played live they could have chosen from. I mean, they never said anything to make one believe they would be pulling out rarities, it was more wishful thinking on my part.

I just find it a bit ironic, considering the lengths Bruce went to in telling everyone when he came back that Maiden will never be a nostalgia act.

I just find it a bit ironic, considering the lengths Bruce went to in telling everyone when he came back that Maiden will never be a nostalgia act.

Where's the nolstagia act? They're playing songs from Live after Death because that's what thy're promoting, the DVD.

Where's the nolstagia act? They're playing songs from Live after Death because that's what thy're promoting, the DVD.

WHAT?????
That was a VHS / Beta tape that came out in 1985 or 86.

Web Definition of Nostalgia:
A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

Come on man. This tour WILL put butts in the seats!
I am personally not against them doing this.
It will be a blast!

My point was simply that Bruce said they don't want to be one of those bands that tour year after year playing the same old songs.....

Their live track record these past few years don't exactly jive with that sentiment.

When Maiden goes out on tour like Kiss does then I will start calling them a nostalgia act. :)

Well, Maiden still has their dignity, all the way around.
No doubt about it.

Look, I am just making a general comment in response to things Bruce has said both in interviews and on stage.

WHAT?????
That was a VHS / Beta tape that came out in 1985 or 86.

Live After Death was just re-released on DVD a month ago. See earlier in the thread, or the other thread about the Maiden tour and DVD that was on the board.

Jose is right - I wouldn't call them a nostalgia act, since they regularly put out new albums and tour to promote them. A band like Kiss just tours off of their past with no new material at all.

As I mentioned in this thread of the other one, Maiden absolutely has to play the standard tracks, otherwise people get pissed. Such was the response to the AMOLAD tour when they didn't play all of the old tracks. They work in a handful of rare tracks for these retro tours, but they can't structure the set around the rare tracks.

That's the life of an older band - damned if you do play the old material, damned if you don't.

Yeah, maybe he should talk less.........
egg2.jpg

egg1.jpg

It's funny. At the Mexico City show Bruce said onstage that the show was better than any they've ever had north of the border. At the Costa Rica show he said that 30,000 Costa Ricans sound a lot better than 50,000 Mexicans, at the Colombia show he said that that was the best show of the tour.....you get the picture. :Smug:

Newly announced IRON MAIDEN tour dates:

June 11 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena* (on sale 3/22/08) :headbang:
June 12 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center (on sale 3/29/08)
June 14 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center (on sale 3/22/08)
June 15 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden (on sale 3/22/08)
June 17 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Centre (on sale 3/29/08)
June 18 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion (on sale 3/29/08)
June 20 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center for The Peforming Arts (on sale 28/08)

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 11:53:20 EST

The following dates have now been announced for the North American leg of IRON MAIDEN's Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour '08:
Ummm ...? :err:

Here's what is on Maiden's official site:

IronMaiden.com said:
SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME -- WORLD TOUR 08' USA TOUR DATES:

6/11/08 Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena*
6/12/08 Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center
6/14/08 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
6/15/08 New York, NY - Madison Square Gardens*
6/17/08 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Centre
6/18/08 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
6/20/08 Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center for The Peforming Arts

Shows already announced and on sale ( http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/719339) :-

5/21/08 San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless
5/22/08 Houston, TX - Woodlands
5/25/08 Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
5/26/08 Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion
5/28/08 Concord, CA - Concord
5/30/08 Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
5/31/08 Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
6/2/08 Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre

* These venues will be able to facilitate a special 'First to the Stage Barrier' privileged early admission for members of the Iron Maiden Fan club through an exclusive draw.

Where did you get these other dates from? You are missing dates that are listed on their website and you have included dates that are not listed here. I'm just confused.

I always try to sit in section 103 or 102 - a coworker of mine works at a beer stand just outside of those sections on the first level and manages to hook us up with free drinks.

No chance! I got the Iron Maiden Fan Club contest to look forward to. Its called FOTB (Front Of The Barrier)What is First To The Barrier?

First to the barrier (FTTB) is the chance to get into the venue before the rest of the crowd and thus bag your spot at the barrier - right at the front! We've been doing it for a couple of years now and it's proved very popular - not only have folks seen the gig from about as close up as you can get, but they've made a few fanclub buddies in the process.

First to the Barrier is now open for the first gigs of 2008.

How it works is simple. Assuming you've got standing tickets for the gig (for you and your guest) then you enter your details in the form below and cross your fingers! We'll let you know if you've won about a week before the gig, then contact you again with the details of where to meet up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also looking to score the Heaven Can Wait Contest. Heres the details:

Three fan club members (each with a friend!) at every show will be picked to join Iron Maiden and other VIPs live on stage to sing backing vocals to the chorus of the classic song 'Heaven Can Wait'. Maiden tour photographer, John McMurtrie will be on hand to take pictures of this historical event (first leg only), and you will be able to download a photo of your chorus group as a special souvenir of the evening!

This is a free prize draw open to all fan club members (full and online-only).

The only restriction is that you must already have tickets to the show you are applying for. You can apply for as many gigs as you like, as long as you've got tickets.