Iron Maiden In Chicago!!!!

Its been nearly 2 weeks since they were here and I'm jonesing already......there's a reason why they are the single GREATEST metal band on the planet. Glad you all had a blast in the midwest!

as always......UP THE IRONS!!!

Can someone tell me if Harris' daughter's band is still opening? Approx what time does Maiden start? I'll be at the Camden NJ show tomorrow.

Thanks!

Steve in Philly

Can someone tell me if Harris' daughter's band is still opening? Approx what time does Maiden start? I'll be at the Camden NJ show tomorrow.

Thanks!

Steve in Philly

Yeah, she opened in Chicago.
I think she came on around 7:30, and played about 30 minutes.

Maiden played from 8:30 to 10:30.

Lauren Harris' music wasn't as bad as I expected.
Not great, but not horrid.
Sounds like VERY dated 80's female fronted hard rock.
She is VERY VERY VERY easy on the eyes though!!! :headbang:

I thought her cover of UFO's "Natural Thing" was a good way to start the night.

And, it still makes me smile when Maiden uses UFO's "Doctor Doctor" as a way to cue the crowd that they're about to begin. Kind of like when theater shows flash the lights in the lobby to let you know the show is starting. I believe they've been doing that for years as an homage to their influences.

Yeah, she opened in Chicago.
I think she came on around 7:30, and played about 30 minutes.

Maiden played from 8:30 to 10:30.

Lauren Harris' music wasn't as bad as I expected.
Not great, but not horrid.
Sounds like VERY dated 80's female fronted hard rock.
She is VERY VERY VERY easy on the eyes though!!! :headbang:

Thanks! I caught a few of her songs in the Meadowlands for the opening leg of the tour. No need to see her again. I think I'll just show up a little later for this one (must be getting old - concerts on a work night are tough).

Steve in Philly

Yeah, about half the arena felt the same way as you.

I feel bad for ANY band that opens for Maiden.
When you are opening for a band with fans as rabid as Maiden, it is almost a lose-lose.

Take a band like Bullet for my Valentine.
They seemed to be popular in their circle of fans.
(Don't know who that would be, maybe the Hot Topic kids?)

Anyhow, you open for Maiden, and now have hundreds of thousands of rabid Maiden fans who have blasted you online after seeing you.

They would have been better off having never done the tour.

I mean, maybe they sold a few thousand copies of their disc after the tour, but can't be in the tens of thousands (Given the overall reaction to their being on the tour).

I fully agree that Lauren is quite easy on the eyes - barefoot in leather pants .... :cool:

Anyway, the music wasn't what I was in the mood for. However, that guitarist was quite a joy to watch and listen to.