It's that time again: predict the actual lineup

I say there's a fairly good chance of Stream of Passion because it's an actual band unlike Star One or Ayreon. Guess it depends on Glenn's taste since they're more prog rock with some pop flare thrown in. Though I think most people would love any project from Arjen to show up at Prog Power as long as he's there.

Plus, get some of the bands that have worked on Ayreon albums and you could create a makeshift Ayreon group to perform a few songs ;)

Jibrille said:
I say there's a fairly good chance of Stream of Passion because it's an actual band unlike Star One or Ayreon. Guess it depends on Glenn's taste since they're more prog rock with some pop flare thrown in. Though I think most people would love any project from Arjen to show up at Prog Power as long as he's there.

Plus, get some of the bands that have worked on Ayreon albums and you could create a makeshift Ayreon group to perform a few songs ;)

It seems that I'm behind on what Arjen has been up to since his last Ayreon album ,Human Equation! I just checked out Stream of Passion's website and watched the video "Passion" and I'm diggin' them!:headbang: Plus, they're on tour with Damien Wilson next year, so if they could keep mid September open, this could work out great! Also, If Glenn could get both Stream of Passion and Damien Wilson, along with Symphony X or a Russell Allen side project (w/ Jorn Lande or Atomic Soul), After Forever to get Floor Jansen there (and maybe she could bring along her sister Irene), and you could have a Ayreon/Star One encore for Stream of Passion! :yow: Having those other bands already would save Glenn some money on air fare for that! If Glenn could pull that off, that would be as big a suprise as when he got Conception back together for PPVI! :worship: I know that's asking a lot though. Realistically speaking, I'd be happy if Glenn got Stream of Passion for PPVI! What are your thoughts on any of this Glenn?

Harvester said:
What I find interesting about predictions from the fans is that economic factors are not taken into consideration the majority of the time. That's the main factor in nobody getting close to predicting the actual lineup.

Glenn H.

Double the pleasure and save a plane ticket? I'm thinking out loud here... Perhaps too much preparation for the vocalists.

Jorn (solo) on Friday and Masterplan on Saturday

Avian (Lance King) on Friday and Pyramaze on Saturday - USA

Ripper Owens on Friday and Iced Earth (dreaming, I know) on Saturday - USA

Redemption (Ray Alder) on Friday and Engine (or FW, less likely, I know) on Saturday - USA

Andi Deris (solo) on Friday and Helloween on Saturday

Russel Allen (solo) on Friday and Symphony X on Saturday - USA

Balance of Power (Corey Brown) on Friday and Magnitude 9 (Saturday) - USA

Demons and Wizards (Hansi) on Friday and Blind Guardian on Saturday.

The Fiddler said:
Double the pleasure and save a plane ticket? I'm thinking out loud here... Perhaps too much preparation for the vocalists.

Jorn (solo) on Friday and Masterplan on Saturday

Avian (Lance King) on Friday and Pyramaze on Saturday - USA

Ripper Owens on Friday and Iced Earth (dreaming, I know) on Saturday - USA

Redemption (Ray Alder) on Friday and Engine (or FW, less likely, I know) on Saturday - USA

Andi Deris (solo) on Friday and Helloween on Saturday

Russel Allen (solo) on Friday and Symphony X on Saturday - USA

Balance of Power (Corey Brown) on Friday and Magnitude 9 (Saturday) - USA

Demons and Wizards (Hansi) on Friday and Blind Guardian on Saturday.

I like where you're headed with that line of thinking! Plus great band suggestions! :headbang:

Obviously there are more than 10 bands here, but as you see, I am only guessing a few for real.......and most likely those are a stretch.

Within Temptation (wish and guess)
Enchant (Huuuuuuuugge wish and guess)
Xandria (wish)
Threshold (wish and guess)
Arjen Lucasson (wish)
Evergrey (guess)
Theocracy (wish)
Shadow Gallery (wish) (This could be the "conception" surprise of 2006)
Pyramaze (wish and guess)
Lana Lane/Erik Norlander (wish)
Everon (wish)
Arena (wish)
Edenbridge (wish)
After Forever (wish)
Saviour Machine (Huuuuuuuggge Wish)
Mob Rules (wish and guess)
Sonata Arctica (wish)
Masterplan (guess)
Sieges Even (wish)

And there's a ton more power stuff that I know will most likely make it on board the roster, but since I gave up listening to power bands typically except the ones I listed above, I would not even know who's "good" or not anymore....they all mostly sound the same to me. But I have a soft spot for Mob Rules and Sonata Arctica because they have interesting writing styles and a good identity with singers that just hit the right notes for me......other than that, most TYPICAL power metal bands are just same old, same old.

Anyone care to tell me which of my real guesses here are just too preposterous to even think of making it? :)

Thanks

Anakin

Well I don't know shit about them. But since you asked, and I needed another Prog band to even things out...
option3.jpg

mtlheart said:
Well I don't know shit about them. But since you asked, and I needed another Prog band to even things out...
option3.jpg

That looks even better, now that you put Enchant on there! Not to mention having Evergrey, Pagan's Mind and Fates Warning on there as well! I'd LOVE to see that lineup! You rock! :headbang:

The Fiddler has the best idea yet, good jesus that would the definitive lineup of all time. I would do a quote thing, but I never figured it out.

Unca Kev said:
That looks even better, now that you put Enchant on there! Not to mention having Evergrey, Pagan's Mind and Fates Warning on there as well! I'd LOVE to see that lineup! You rock! :headbang:

Heh. You actually named all of the bands I'd least like to see. I've seen Pagan's Mind, Evergrey, and Fates Warning none of which really impressed me. On the Prog side of the list only Black Symphony grabs my attention, and Enchant is an unknown factor.

1.Nevermore I think would be awesome at Progpower.
2.Symphony X I thought would be a lock but reading the comments I doubt it but would love to see them since they didnt make gigantour in Atlanta
3.Kamelot
4.Brainstorm
5.Pain of Salvation
6.Seven Witches

I know these are all big bands and financially impossible but this is my wishlist I guess more then anything else

Unlikely:

Pain of Salvation
Shadow Gallery
Riverside
Fates Warning
Shaman

Not big enough name and a repeat that is prog:
Superior

Possibilities:
Enchant
Zero Hour
Wastefall

Reunion Fantasy:
Psychotic Waltz

Band that will tour next year that may or may not be considered:
The JellyJam

Kyle

Soundscape said:
Unlikely:

Pain of Salvation
Shadow Gallery
Riverside
Fates Warning
Shaman

Not big enough name and a repeat that is prog:
Superior

Possibilities:
Enchant
Zero Hour
Wastefall

Reunion Fantasy:
Psychotic Waltz

Band that will tour next year that may or may not be considered:
The JellyJam

Kyle

I'd like to see Enchant, Fates Warning, Superior and The Jelly Jam as well! Especially Enchant and The Jelly Jam, since I'm a bass player. Ed Platt and John Myung are great on bass!

wuthering heights
Space oddessey
Astral doors
Lion's share

this would possibly kill poor patrick nils:tickled:

DarkTide said:
Okay, here's my lineup.

Friday (headliner on down)

Symphony X
Vanden Plas
Nocturnal Rites
Freak Kitchen
Pyramaze

Saturday (headliner on down)

Nevermore
Evergrey
Mercenary
Astral Doors
Pantommind

I just thought I'd give myself a pat on the back for getting 5 or the 10 bands correct on this prediction I made back in October.

Britt

I think that smashes the old record, which I believe was two or three. We'll be banging down your door trying to find out who the bands are going to be next year around December.