Predict the actual Progpower lineup

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
Okay, we already have heard from a lot of folks about who they WANT. Let's see who can come closest to predicting the ACTUAL lineup.

Here's my guess:

Symphony X
Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Kotipelto
Nightwish
Shaman
Dragonforce
Threshold
Symphorce

And the big shocker, as Savatage was last year: Fates Warning!

This is going to be a fun thread to watch as I have not booked a single band as of yet. I love your list, but it is 100% unrealistic due to cost of several of the bands you have listed.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
This is going to be a fun thread to watch as I have not booked a single band as of yet. I love your list, but it is 100% unrealistic due to cost of several of the bands you have listed.

Glenn H.

Well the headliners are the easy part

Symphony X
Evergrey
Stratovarius
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan or Angel dust
Orphaned Land
Outworld
Time Requiem
Riverside
Pyramaze

Why in the hell does every single person who's posted here think Nightwish is a given? Glenn was talking about the OPENING act for the upcoming tour in his thread about ProgPower consideration. I don't think he'd ever in a million years consider a band who just rolled through the US on a headlining tour, including through Atlanta, for christsakes, for ProgPower. (Though granted I could be wrong; far be it from me to speak for the promoter.)
Don't get me wrong; I love Nightwish, but they will have done two major visits (granted, the next one much more major than the previous one) to the US in the two years leading up to ProgPower VI, playing headlining sets (at LEAST the 90 minutes they'd get here, I'm sure) and as such I'd figure Glenn would be saving the room for someone we haven't had as much access to.
Call me crazy...

Ryan

Hmmm... i'll give it a shot.

Headliners - Symphony X, Evergrey, Sonata Arctica, Kotipelto
Others - Mercenary, Redemption, Pyramaze, Symphorce, Outworld, Zero Hour.

I still think Timo was there for a reason this year, I think SyX, Evergrey are locks, SA is a pretty close lock, Mercenary is a lock with how much Glenn loves the new CD, Redemption was a shot in the dark (rather see Cydonia or Lost Horizon), Pyramaze... just a gut feeling, Symphorce... after Brainstorms performance i'd want Franck at every progpower personally! Outworld and ZH are just generals for me as both will hopefully have new albums out by then.

Who knows, we could do this every week.

Here's a guess.

Stride
Zero Hour
Pyramaze
Vision Divine
Mystic Prophecy
Mercenary
Sonata Arctica
Nightwish
Evergrey
Symphony X

It's a little heavy on repeat bands, but the every other year or more theory applies to all of them.

I'm not sure how "actual" this lineup could be, but it's one that I would love to see. And I hope others would like it, too.

Running Wild
Opeth
Nightwish
Kotipelto
Evergrey
Dead Soul Tribe
Axel Rudi Pell
Pyramaze
Sonata Arctica
Epica

There it is. Something for the whole family.

Every year, I try to figure out who Glenn will book for the show. Every year, I'm off by about nine bands. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it. Here goes:

Evergrey (Glenn's boys. They must play every other year, or he'll go through withdrawal)

Rob Rock (I would think his band is affordable, especially considering they're from Florida. I think he would be interested in playing after visiting this year)

Kotipelto (Reality check: Stratovarius will not happen. That's okay, because Kotipelto is better. Timo had an incredible response when he visited this year, so why not play next year?)

Sonata Arctica (Even with a U.S. tour ahead of them, a headlining slot at next year's show will still be a hit with 95% of the attendees)

Redemption (With Ray Alder on vocals and a new album on the way, they could make a bigger splash than they did last time)

Eidolon (I'll admit that this is more of a wish on my part, but the Drovers have made appearances at the past two shows. They should have a new album out with Nils K. Rue on vocals before the show, so they've got that going for them)

Circle II Circle (New album on the way, not to mention the fact that Zachary Stevens owes us a show)

Angel Dust (Though Bernd Aufermann opened his big mouth before anything was really considered, Glenn knows these guys would attract quite a crowd--especially yours truly)

Angra (Another big hope of mine, but I can't see Glenn not offering them a chance to play. It will have been three years since their last appearance in this country, and they have a new album that seems to slip from the hands of every vendor with which I deal.)

Zero Hour (Another band who's gone three years without a ProgPower appearance. They have another album on the way, and they're considerably more affordable than the importable options. Besides, they always work well on the bill)

Alright, Glenn! Prove me wrong again! I hope you offer VIP Badges to anyone who can guess all ten again. That way, we won't feel bad when everybody loses.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Let's try to give it a shot....

Persuader - Why not? Very good band, they could open friday night easily and get the crowd going.

Orphaned Land - Seriously now, who wouldn't like to see this awesome Israeli band playing in the states? Mabool rules!

Masterplan - There's absolutely no better vocalist than Jorn in the world. Even Jorn solo would do!

Evergrey - Because it's the law to have them every other year. Plus, they rule!

Dragonforce - This band would set the first or second slots on fire!

Shaman - Andre Matos still reigns, plus, would be a cool debut!

Angra - My favorite band ever, and the new album is simply the best of the year.

Epica - Great band to do an earlier spot. Her vocals are great!

Magnitude 9 - They've canceled on us. Bring them this time!

Kotipelto - Just bring him!

Do you guys seriously think that Glenn will get both SymX and Evergrey for next year?
Evergrey is a very good possibility, but I just don't see Symphony X in ProgPower for at least another 2 years.... Oh well, just my opinion...

ANGRA FOR PPV !!!

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Glenn... have mercy..... Heavenly from France and DragonForce from UK, will be great like support bands, they plays an excellent structured Power Metal, and they never had played in US.

To the prog part.. Arjen Lucassen's STAR ONE will be incredible !

Grettings from Mexico... :worship: :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
Do you guys seriously think that Glenn will get both SymX and Evergrey for next year?
Evergrey is a very good possibility, but I just don't see Symphony X in ProgPower for at least another 2 years.... Oh well, just my opinion...

ANGRA FOR PPV !!!
Well for one, everytime Evergrey has played, so has Symphony X. Symphony X will also have a new album out by then. Why don't you "see" them there for at least 2 years?

AngraRULES said:

ANGRA FOR PPV !!!
Well for one, everytime Evergrey has played, so has Symphony X. Symphony X will also have a new album out by then. Why don't you "see" them there for at least 2 years?

Evergrey
Masterplan
Shaman OR Angra (I highly doubt Glenn would book both bands the same year)
Sonata Arctica

and that's all I have right now. I'll have to think more.........