Predict the actual Progpower lineup

AngraRULES said:
Do you guys seriously think that Glenn will get both SymX and Evergrey for next year?
Evergrey is a very good possibility, but I just don't see Symphony X in ProgPower for at least another 2 years.... Oh well, just my opinion...

ANGRA FOR PPV !!!

This is the thing with SX. People love them and listen to them alot and then get tired of them. Then they put a new album and it kicks our asses and we listen to it all year and get tired of it, the cycle just repeats itself.

BTW, I really can't see Kotipelto headlining with his material. I can see him as middle slot but not a headliner, Stratovarius would of been a headliner!

It doesn't matter who plays, I will be there and thats all there is to that
loco.gif

Bands who I do not think will play is Symphony X, Shaman, Nightwish and Sonata Arctica since they are touring. One band I would love to see play PPUSA and they belong there is Fates Warning, with a great new album and renewed energy I think they would be an awesome headliner.

Bear

Depending on how awesome the new Symphony X album comes, then I would like to see them playing ProgPower again. If they are to come upstage, play 2 songs of the new album, and loads of the songs they've been playing on the past 2 or 3 tours, as good as they are, I seriously wouldn't want to see them in ProgPower.

Bear, I don't think Shaman is doing any massive touring right now, and as of what I assume they're gonna be releasing the new album in the 1st semester of 2005, and touring Brazil and Europe, so maybe there's still a chance of seeing them next year.

Plus, to reassure my position about SymX playing ProgPower, I believe that Glenn would rather get a band to debut in the states, or one that does not tour here often. I don't think he would like to repeat himself for the third time booking both Evergrey and SymX. I personally like Evergrey better than SymX, and wouldn't mind seeing them again.

i'm really betting on Masterplan... they'd really kick some ass.
perhaps Opeth, Threshold... hoping for Zero Hour.....

i don't think SX will show this time around

I can't pick all the bands, because Glenn always comes up with ones I've never heard of (and usually wind up liking). Still, I'll pick 8 unrealistic choices.

Headliners: Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Fates Warning or Threshold
Virgin Steele (more of an extreme desire than a prediction)

Others:
Dragonforce (4th or 5th slot)
Lana Lane (3rd Slot)
Chris Caffrey (5th slot, & an excuse to get Oliva back for a 3rd year)
Wolverine (3rd or 4th)

Don't see it happening, but the reformed Angel Dust as a 2nd or 3rd slot band would be AMAZING.

Steve in Philly

Most original "lineup" thread i have read:
Lana Lane, Chris, and virgin steele...

Who is that "Oliva" guy you are all taking about? (just kidding)

;-)

Hmmm....here goes - half-prediction, half-wish list I guess, in no order other than how they came to my mind:

Sonata Arctica
Evergrey
Sym X
Mercenary
Threshold
Angra
Caffrey, C II C, or any band related to Savatage and/or Jon Oliva :)
Silent Force
ENCHANT (please please please!)

OK, I know that's only 9, but I'm leaving a slot for some unusual band I've never heard of! :)

Cheers!

I know I alreadyposted my prediction but here's a "I'd like to see" list in no particular order of bands that haven't played PP (at least 3 on since I've been going);

Edenbridge
Oratory
Helloween
Mark Boals / Ring Of Fire (w/ McAlpine)
Nevermore (I know they cancelled, but it would be cool providing they're not munches and Glenn doesn't like them)
Lana Lane
Therion
Primal Fear

I am curious to know why so many people want repeat performers? I mean its cool to have one or two every few Prog Powers but I really think this is to special of an event to not have mostly new blood that hasn't had the opportunity to play the US or tour the US extensively at PPUSA. In fact I would like to see a PPUSA with all new bands that haven't played it yet.

Bear

Well, not all of us have been to the previous Progpowers. The last one was my first one. And some bands only got 45 minutes or came out with something really awesome since the last time they were at Progpower.

I can definitely see Tad Morose possibly ending up a headliner in a couple of years, for example. We only get a taste in 45 minutes.

Bear said:
It doesn't matter who plays, I will be there and thats all there is to that
loco.gif

Bands who I do not think will play is Symphony X, Shaman, Nightwish and Sonata Arctica since they are touring. One band I would love to see play PPUSA and they belong there is Fates Warning, with a great new album and renewed energy I think they would be an awesome headliner.

Bear

Amen my BRUTHA!!! :headbang: Okay... try this on for size... First night, slot 4... Redemption... Second night, slot three... Fates Warning...

I will have died and gone to heaven if Glen can pull that one out of his ass :OMG:

If Fates Warning comes at all, they'd have to be headliners. I imagine they'd come with a steep price tag, so no point in having them if Glenn doesn't give them 90 minutes. Plus they've got to much material for an hour-long set to even begin to do them justice.

yeah, NEARFEST has up until this year, NEVER had any repeat bands. Finally, in the 7th installment of the festival next July, IQ is going to be the 1st repeat band.

AFA Shaman, I think they played Monterrey Metal Festival last month, but beyond that, they have no touring plans of the US thus far.

I don't want to predict any, but I'll say aside from Pain of Salvation and Zero Hour, I much prefer bands who have never played the festival.

Kyle

Creeps said:
I know I alreadyposted my prediction but here's a "I'd like to see" list in no particular order of bands that haven't played PP (at least 3 on since I've been going);

Edenbridge
Oratory
Helloween
Mark Boals / Ring Of Fire (w/ McAlpine)
Nevermore (I know they cancelled, but it would be cool providing they're not munches and Glenn doesn't like them)
Lana Lane
Therion
Primal Fear

You definitely get my thumbs up on Mark Boals/Ring of Fire, Helloween and Primal Fear!!!!