Predict the actual Progpower lineup

Well, I still think repeat bands are a good idea if they have something genuinely new to offer.

For example, bands like Edguy, Evergrey, Nightwish and Symphony X, and many others, wow us with new material that deserves a hearing every two or three years.

Obviously if Glenn got Hammerfall, Rhapsody, or Freedom Call, bands which don't evolve much album to album, there would be no reason to have them more than once. I'd say that maybe out of the bands we've already had at Progpower, maybe only Gamma Ray fits that profile. Glenn never just repeats a band. Every time a band comes for another chance, they are a different band because of new, fresh, material.

Predictions....

-- Sonata Arctica
-- Evergrey
-- Shaman or Angra
-- Maybe Redemption or Mercenary (either would be cool)
-- Fates Warning (seems like a possibility and with a new CD out and no tour-plans that I've heard, somewhat logical)
-- Zero Hour (to make up for the shocking lack of any Tiptons at PPUSA V)
-- Orphaned Land (outside chance at best since it's a long haul from Israel and there could be significant visa issues, but I just discovered these guys and love 'em)

And from the Silly Dept.:

-- Somewhat Depressed (after a quick name change so they can play two PPs in a row :))
-- Jon Oliva (no band, he can just regale us with stories for 45 minutes; gawd knows he can! :))

You know? I feel just a bit sheepish here. See... I, for some ridiculous reason, thought that the 3rd slot was the headline slot. :guh: Kept thinking "3rd slot bands make the biggest impression" and well... Doh!

Please consider my above comment appended to: Second night Fates Headlines... :kickass:

Creeps said:
Mark Boals / Ring Of Fire (w/ McAlpine)
Mark would kick butt, but his problem is constantly weaving in and out of the busy schedules of the ROF guys, mainly Virgil and Tony.

Several touring opportunities have been abandoned because of Tony's Vai band commitments. Anyway, I've said too much!

Imperanon
Pyramaze
Angel Dust
Jag Panzer
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan
Symphony X
Evergrey
Angra
Stratovarius

If Sonata Arctica doesn't play I think Therion will instead.

Hank Junior (well if he sang the Monday Night Football Theme I might dig that)
Pavoratti
Madonna
The Dixie CHicks
Staind
Elton John
Air Supply reunion
Barry Manillo
Barbara Streisand
Boys 2 Men
Puff Daddy

Frankly I am buying my ticket blind. I am not putting Glenn on an olympic Gold type of platform, but he gets a gold as his selection of bands has always been fantastic. Glenn is a promoter, yet he got a little buzz (well slightly more than as little) at PPIV to reap the rewards of his work. He does a fine job of picking bands and I trust his decisions. I know what Glenn looks like and I would be willing to bet (due to the minor trouble I have caused at PP he knows who I am, but I am not on a personal level with him, but I will blindly send my money to him for the acts he will come up with.

Bryant

Bryant said:
He does a fine job of picking bands and I trust his decisions.

Couldn't agree more. The first year I went (IV), I was only familiar with Nightwish and, to a lesser degree, Evergrey. Still one of the best times I have ever had.

Headliners: Stratovarius and Threshold...as for the rest, I'll just name in no particular order: Pyramaze, Sonata Arctica, Chris Caffery, Vision Divine, Angra, Jag Panzer, Masterplan or Jorn, Rob Rock. For whatever it's worth anyway! I'd love to see Primal Fear play this festival sometime...you talk about tearin' it up...wow! Also, I'd like to see a full blown SAVATAGE show! Man, I wish that freakin' band would quit goofing off an tour again!

Bryant said:
Hank Junior (well if he sang the Monday Night Football Theme I might dig that)
Pavoratti
Madonna
The Dixie CHicks
Staind
Elton John
Air Supply reunion
Barry Manillo
Barbara Streisand
Boys 2 Men
Puff Daddy

Frankly I am buying my ticket blind. I am not putting Glenn on an olympic Gold type of platform, but he gets a gold as his selection of bands has always been fantastic. Glenn is a promoter, yet he got a little buzz (well slightly more than as little) at PPIV to reap the rewards of his work. He does a fine job of picking bands and I trust his decisions. I know what Glenn looks like and I would be willing to bet (due to the minor trouble I have caused at PP he knows who I am, but I am not on a personal level with him, but I will blindly send my money to him for the acts he will come up with.

Bryant

Air Supply Reunion...kick ass

P.S. how is that Moody Mardsen cd?