Kamelot US Tour with Fabio Lione on vocals Aug/Sep 2011

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Just got the e-mail from Enter the Vault.

Seems Kamelot will be touring in August/Sept 2011 with Fabio Lione of Rhapsody (of Fire) fame as their singer.

Only two dates announced so far.
Aug 30
Grammercy Theater in New York City

Sept 2
Club Soda in Montreal , Quebec Canada

The bigger thing as far as I'm concerned is the second noted guest singer.
There will also be guest vocal appearances throughout the tour by Simone Simons (Epica), Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder), and many more surprise guests throughout this very special and rare tour.

I'm curious what this might mean for Seventh Wonder. Might we see them as support? Will they be in the US for a different tour? Seems odd to be in the US making random guest appearances for Kamelot shows if he's not doing something with the band.

Now, I haven't listened to Rhapsody in years, but I'm kind of curious how his voice is going to mesh with Kamelot's music.

Edit:

Here's the full tour.

Aug 26
Atlanta, GA Masquerade

Aug 27
Springfield, VA Jaxx

Aug 28
Philly, PA Trocadero

Aug 30
New York City Grammercy Theater

Aug 31
Worcester, MA Palladium

Sept 2
Montreal, QC Club Soda

Sept 3
Quebec City, QC The Imperial

Sept 4
Toronto, ON MOD Club

Sept 6
Cleveland, OH Peabodys

Sept 7
Detroit, MI Blondies

Sept 8
Chicago, IL Bottom Lounge

Sept 9
Minneapolis, MN Station 4

Sept 12
Seattle, WA El Corazon

Sept 13
Portland, OR Peters Room

Sept 15
LA, CA House of Blues

Sept 16
Tempe, AZ Clubhouse

Sept 17
SLC, UT The Complex

Sept 18
Denver, CO Bluebird Theater

Sept 20
Dallas, TX Trees

Sept 21
Houston, TX Scout Bar

Sept 23
Orlando, FL Club Firestone

Oh man this is going to be friggin' incredible.

Kamelot will actually have two of the best vocalists ever on this tour.

Wow. Just...wow.

My heart basically just stopped. Time to plan my next trip to NY and get the most AMAZING PANTIES EVER to throw at Fabio's feet!!

Hell, I'll by 10! It'll be raining panties!

WOWZERS

Seventh Wonder is my current favorite prog metal band. The only current prog metal band I regularly listen to, actually. Missed them at PP. Direct support please and thank you.

Wait...

People flipped their shit because Kamelot was going to tour with a singer that WASN'T Khan, namely, Michael Erikson from Circus Maximus. So Kamelot decides to cancel their US tour because many Kamelot fans threw a hissy fit. So NOW they're going to do a couple North American dates, STILL without Khan, and this is okay? Uhm...what? Why would you cancel your first tour because people bitched about Khan not being there, but try out some other dates, with yet ANOTHER singer, still not Khan?

I love Kamelot, but if you're going to refuse to tour without your singer because you caved in to a bunch of whiny fanboys, then stick to your guns and wait for your singer to feel better before trying to play any more shows.

Wait...

People flipped their shit because Falconer was going to tour with a singer that WASN'T Khan, namely, Michael Erikson from Circus Maximus. So Kamelot decides to cancel their US tour because many Kamelot fans threw a hissy fit. So NOW they're going to do a couple North American dates, STILL without Khan, and this is okay? Uhm...what? Why would you cancel your first tour because people bitched about Khan not being there, but try out some other dates, with yet ANOTHER singer, still not Khan?

I love Kamelot, but if you're going to refuse to tour without your singer because you caved in to a bunch of whiny fanboys, then stick to your guns and wait for your singer to feel better before trying to play any more shows.

Your Falconer fanaticism is showing. :D

I think it was the combination of people buying tickets for Kamelot with Khan and ending up with a different singer plus the limited prep time.
People can't bitch about the money they spent if they know they're getting someone else well in advance.

You think about Falconer too much.

I'd imagine people "flipped their shit" because they had purchased tickets with the expectation of seeing Khan, only to be told a week before the show that he was going to be replaced. This time, people know in advance and can make their decisions accordingly. Pretty significant difference.

Additionally, many of the complaints were from people who were unfamiliar with Circus Maximus, so it was essentially replacing a god with 'an unknown'. Do you really know any Kamelot fans who don't know about Rhapsody?

lol whoops, sorry about that. I came here right from the Falconer forum. Sorry!

I think it was the combination of people buying tickets for Kamelot with Khan and ending up with a different singer plus the limited prep time.
People can't bitch about the money they spent if they know they're getting someone else well in advance

This is true. However, I still believe that Kamelot should have stuck to their guns, one way or another. Continue the tour with the singer you planned, or cancel, and wait to tour until Khan either feels better, or decides he doesn't want to do the frontman thing anymore and you need to get a new singer.

And while I enjoy Fabio Lione in Rhapsody, I was never a fan of him in Vision Divine, and I'm certainly not excited to hear him do some Kamelot tunes. Too much vibrato for my tastes.

However, Tommy from Seventh Wonder? Yes please! I'd go just to see that, regardless of who is singing for Kamelot.

I'm actually not a huge Kamelot fan. I played with them once, and I really enjoyed their performance, but.. compared to Rhapsody? Holy shit. All I really want to see is Fabio. Fabio could sing on Sesame Street and it would make me weak in the knees. If this is the only way I get to see him live, so be it.

I'm curious what this might mean for Seventh Wonder.

I'm curious what this might mean for Conception. :D Norway is a lot closer for Khan than Florida!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfBCbRJvgY&feature=related[/ame]

No replacing Khan in Kamelot if his departure becomes permanent. He wrote or co-wrote most everything, not to mention writing the lyrics. Replacing an excellent songwritter is a lot harder than replacing a voice (and Roy has one of the very best).

I'd rather hear Simone singing full-time with Kamelot than with Epica. With Youngblood, you know you're going to get something melodic and smooth. That's hardly been the case with Epica recently.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand Fabio Lione's vocals,and after the first Luca Turilli album I always wished Olaf Hayer sang for Rhapsody. I wouldn't go to see this I'm sorry, I've seen Kamelot already 4 times, it's just not worth it.

I'm sorry but as much as I like Fabio, I do not think he is the right fit for Kamelot, whereas Micheal Ericksonn was. As Tommy Karevik now that would fit hopefully Seventh Wonder is touring with them.