Kamelot US Tour with Fabio Lione on vocals Aug/Sep 2011

I've yet to see Kamelot and I want to see them....with Khan.

If this tour does happen with the Rhapsody guy then no thanks. And I guess I'll still be waiting to see them, with Khan.:bah:

They were in the area several times. You might wanna do it since you don't know if they'll ever tour again with or without Khan.

Getting pissy over it will not help. :lol:

They were in the area several times. You might wanna do it since you don't know if they'll ever tour again with or without Khan.

Getting pissy over it will not help. :lol:

Yeah, I've always missed them, bummer.

Pissy or not, Kamelot = Khan for me. I love the Circus Max guy and wouldn't have minded seeing him with Kamelot, but oh well....guess time will tell...

Yeah, I'm thinking it's over, but I thought that back in Sept. also.
It's just too weird. Something must have happened between them.
They weren't my favorite band but I'm pretty bummed out about it.

I don't agree with that. I think the dude is legitimately ill and/or exhausted. Like I said in the previous post, I think he's done his last Kamelot CD and his last tour with them as well. I don't think there is any animosity though. I think if that was the case, they probably would've cut ties already. While it's sad with Khan the band has to continue on. They can't afford to wait until he gets better. If I were to guess, Khan might possibly just become a studio musician with a live show here and there in the future.

Yeah, I've always missed them, bummer.

Pissy or not, Kamelot = Khan for me. I love the Circus Max guy and wouldn't have minded seeing him with Kamelot, but oh well....guess time will tell...

I hear you. Kamelot without Khan may be a bit weird, though I would have loved to have caught that show with Mike Eriksen on vocals.

That being said, I am still not sure how I feel if Kamelot parts way with Roy for good. Part of me wants to see it go on, while another part wants it to be finished.

I don't agree with that. I think the dude is legitimately ill and/or exhausted. Like I said in the previous post, I think he's done his last Kamelot CD and his last tour with them as well. I don't think there is any animosity though. I think if that was the case, they probably would've cut ties already. While it's sad with Khan the band has to continue on. They can't afford to wait until he gets better. If I were to guess, Khan might possibly just become a studio musician with a live show here and there in the future.

As much as I hate to admit it,I agree.I wanted to see them so bad at Progpower with Khan.Michael was awesome,but my wife and I love Kamelot because of Khan and we've never seen them with him.If he does do some solo stuff,I doubt he would tour the U.S. or if he did it would probably be select cities that are nowhere close to ATL

I don't think Khan is out. If he was, they'd have a new permanent vocalist, or at least a permanent vocalist-in-waiting doing the US tour. No way in a million years does Fabio Leone become the new singer of Kamelot. This is definitely a stand-in situation.

Very strange.
Fabio is not a good fit for Kamelot, IMHO.
I too think it's odd how far in advance they are planning shows WITHOUT Khan.

I am more concerned about the fact that Rhapsody probably then has no US touring plans for 2011.

Kind of odd Fabio is doing this, considering in a less than two year period, his main band will have released 2 full lengths and an EP.

I am more concerned about the fact that Rhapsody probably then has no US touring plans for 2011.

Kind of odd Fabio is doing this, considering in a less than two year period, his main band will have released 2 full lengths and an EP.

When's the last time Rhapsody ever played the US outside of the tour they were on with Manowar all those years ago? I would have to agree with you though. Considering the output Rhapsody has had, this is a very peculiar move, beyond him just not being a good fit.

You guys are making me sad with all of the legitimate reasons why Khan may not come back. To me, Khan makes Kamelot. So without him in the band...they'd have to find a perfect replacement.

From how I'm looking at this tour, I see it as a "we need to tour for this album before it fades from everyone's minds" kind of thing. It'd be weird for them to start a tour for an album 1 year out and have it be the first tour for said album.

Either way, I'm really pulling for Khan getting himself repaired and back out front. I've not seen Kamelot with Khan, but I desperately want to. Mike was cool, and awesome, but he's just not Khan.

From how I'm looking at this tour, I see it as a "we need to tour for this album before it fades from everyone's minds" kind of thing. It'd be weird for them to start a tour for an album 1 year out and have it be the first tour for said album.

I'm sure that's why they're doing this tour as well. They can't go too long without touring here. Although honestly by that point it may be too late. This is one of those tours that'll be interesting to see the turnout.

Face it folks, Khan is done. Youngblood has a family to worry about. No tour=no money=no food on table. Kamelot, like it or not, must move forward. Khan will probably restart Conception, which is in Norway, and far closer to him than Florida. As for Fabio? Meh. There are better singers that could fill Khan's slot.

I think people read what they want to read. Nowhere in this press release does it say that Tommy from Seventh Wonder is appearing at any of the US shows. Granted, it doesn't NOT say that, but let's be honest here people - for a tour that's US AND Europe, which date(s) do you think the Swedish singer and resident is gonna be a guest for?

Fabio is not a good fit for Kamelot, IMHO.

I think he's fine as a stand-in. He fits pretty comfortably in Khan's range. He can pull off the songs. Not sure why they don't use Eriksen, seems kinda crass to work with him, have him do so well, and then just dump him for a bigger name.

As for Khan, I'd guess everything is still up in the air unless the Kamelot camp is keeping unnecessary secrets. If he's out, no reason not to say so. If he's in, but they are just waiting for him to get better, they'd say so. Since they've said little, I'm guessing they know about as much as we do. Kamelot really needs Khan, so any decision to let him go and move on would be taken with a great deal of care. At this point, Khan is to Kamelot as Steve Perry was to Journey. But if Khan is having Steve Perry-like issues(the spotlight is stressing him out), then they'll have no choice. But when they decide to do that, it will probably be announced that they are looking for a new singer.

I think people read what they want to read. Nowhere in this press release does it say that Tommy from Seventh Wonder is appearing at any of the US shows. Granted, it doesn't NOT say that, but let's be honest here people - for a tour that's US AND Europe, which date(s) do you think the Swedish singer and resident is gonna be a guest for?

The news was included with the last EnterTheVault newsletter, which seemed to be specifically about the U.S. gigs.

Wait...

People flipped their shit because Kamelot was going to tour with a singer that WASN'T Khan, namely, Michael Erikson from Circus Maximus. So Kamelot decides to cancel their US tour because many Kamelot fans threw a hissy fit. So NOW they're going to do a couple North American dates, STILL without Khan, and this is okay? Uhm...what? Why would you cancel your first tour because people bitched about Khan not being there, but try out some other dates, with yet ANOTHER singer, still not Khan?

I love Kamelot, but if you're going to refuse to tour without your singer because you caved in to a bunch of whiny fanboys, then stick to your guns and wait for your singer to feel better before trying to play any more shows.
Couldn't have said it any better.

So Kamelot decides to cancel their US tour because many Kamelot fans threw a hissy fit.
They never said that was why. It could just as well have been because they felt like they didn't have time to rehearse properly on such short notice, which is not the case now. I completely understand Thomas wanting to tour again, with or without Khan. This is his life and his work and they just released a new album that they cannot just leave unpromoted. This time they are better prepared than last fall.

Face it folks, Khan is done. Youngblood has a family to worry about. No tour=no money=no food on table. Kamelot, like it or not, must move forward. Khan will probably restart Conception, which is in Norway, and far closer to him than Florida. As for Fabio? Meh. There are better singers that could fill Khan's slot.

Q4T, but as for Fabio - I think the proper phrase about this is 'Adding Insult to Injury"

Frankly, when Khan gets better - He should contact Tore O about getting Conception off the ground again.

Face it folks, Khan is done.
I'm not sure what you're basing this on. We knew Khan was burnt out and wanted to take some time off. This latest announcement would merely seem to suggest that Khan's timetable and Thomas' timetable are different. If Khan isn't returning, I would think it would make more sense for Kamelot to tour with their new, permanent singer, than a replacement singer.

Youngblood has a family to worry about. No tour=no money=no food on table.
Agreed.

Kamelot, like it or not, must move forward. Khan will probably restart Conception, which is in Norway, and far closer to him than Florida.
I'm guessing it's not the flights from Norway to Florida that burned him out. If he's interested in continuing a career in music, I'm not sure why he'd choose to do so in Conception, rather than with the far more profitable Kamelot. It seems that those who are suggesting he's going to restart Conception, are doing so based more on their own wishes, than insightful speculation.

As for Fabio? Meh. There are better singers that could fill Khan's slot.
Agreed again. However, if they need to replace Khan, they're not going to find any singer who satisfy their fanbase.