Helloween US/Canada tour fall 2013

Not to me! I did find the overall mix pretty poor (lead guitar was almost non-existent) but didn't care as I was getting to finally see freakin' HELLOWEEN LIVE!!!!

maybe it was the mix but he just sounded so thin. I was struggling to make out the voice. Lead guitar was ok to me, but maybe could've sounded more vibrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone go to the Chicago show? How crowded was it?

Yep, it was extremely packed. Great turnout for a Monday night.
They didn't have the balcony open, but the floor was completely packed.
It was even tight in the back.

The promoter was VERY happy with the turnout.

While I LOVE Helloween, Deris has always been their weakest link live.
I am saying this as a fan. I wish he would smoke less and drink less, esp when on tour.

That being said, ALL the guys in Helloween were very cool and waited outside their bus to meet fans for well over an hour before taking off to their hotel.

I am saying this as a fan. I wish he would smoke less and drink less, esp when on tour.

Really? I have no complaints for him live honestly, though I do think that all singers just shouldn't smoke period.

... all singers just shouldn't smoke period.

Agreed, but some can do it. To me, the most shocking is Fabio Lione. He is one of the most powerful vocalists EVER and he chain smokes ridiculously. Both times I've met him he has been lighting one smoke after another, but somehow he can still sing his ass off and keep his voice in good shape. Nils Rue also comes to mind when thinking of great vocalists who smoke.

Agreed, but some can do it. To me, the most shocking is Fabio Lione. He is one of the most powerful vocalists EVER and he chain smokes ridiculously. Both times I've met him he has been lighting one smoke after another, but somehow he can still sing his ass off and keep his voice in good shape. Nils Rue also comes to mind when thinking of great vocalists who smoke.

Jorn Lande is another smoker...

Luciano Pavarotti smoked.....
If you have the talent, the smoking doesn't matter. Booze is much more destructive to the voice.
L

That was indeed the most shocking one.

David Coverdale used to say that Marlboro 100s were his only sponsor, because he bought his own microphone..

I had the good fortune to see Helloween with Kiske in 1989 when they blew Anthrax off the stage with their performance.. so (unfortunately) for me, Deris is always going to be eh...

I had the good fortune to see Helloween with Kiske in 1989 when they blew Anthrax off the stage with their performance.. so (unfortunately) for me, Deris is always going to be eh...

I saw that tour too!!! Though I rarely ever talk about it!!! :loco:

Yeah, Helloween were amazing, though they were not always so well received by the thrash crowd in those days.