PRIMAL FEAR : 2014 North American tour

But... But the promoters are stingy and QC is a terrible market.

:saint:

Maybe you're just playing with me but in general, I think Quebec is a great market for metal, especially Quebec City. But sometimes, this province is slow to get into a band, like for Volbeat, they didn't really seem to have lots of fans over here, which is a shame.

Maybe you're just playing with me but in general, I think Quebec is a great market for metal, especially Quebec City. But sometimes, this province is slow to get into a band, like for Volbeat, they didn't really seem to have lots of fans over here, which is a shame.

I agree 100%. Well 75%. Not much into Volbeat :headbang:

I was paraphrasing Mr. Slumber from:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...rm-rare-exclusive-material-progpower-usa.html

QC is a pretty terrible market. Promoters are super stingy (since turnouts aren't very good compared to Montreal), and there's a general lack of promoters there compared to Toronto. Not sure if these dates were put on through a national promoter like Union. I'm guessing either they got a big offer for Montreal and this was an additional date for less but it justifies the trek into Canada and all the annoying border BS the band will have to deal with.

Last edited by AeonicSlumber : February 26th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.

From BWBK
n the digital age, with flash mobs and viral social media postings, unfortunately rumors gain traction. BraveWords contacted PRIMAL FEAR bassist Mat Sinner to set the record straight, concerning various naysayers' postings about certain dates and/or the entire tour (scheduled to kick off April 29th, in Baltimore) being canceled. The tour is most DEFINITELY on!

"First we’ve already paid thousands of dollars in visa, flights and bus advances," begins the always pragmatic German. "Second we’ve already sold more than the twice amount of Delivering The Black than with (its predecessor) Unbreakable. Be sure, the tour will happen."

From BWBK
n the digital age, with flash mobs and viral social media postings, unfortunately rumors gain traction. BraveWords contacted PRIMAL FEAR bassist Mat Sinner to set the record straight, concerning various naysayers' postings about certain dates and/or the entire tour (scheduled to kick off April 29th, in Baltimore) being canceled. The tour is most DEFINITELY on!

"First we’ve already paid thousands of dollars in visa, flights and bus advances," begins the always pragmatic German. "Second we’ve already sold more than the twice amount of Delivering The Black than with (its predecessor) Unbreakable. Be sure, the tour will happen."

Killer news! Now people should go ahead and buy tickets to go see this great band.

I was considering seeing this tour, but money will be an issue plus I have a Ghost concert the week before that's much closer, so unfortunately I'll be missing them.

So, anyone saw the tour so far? Last thursday in Quebec City, PF wrote on their FB that the venue was sold-out. It didn't look that full, but it was a small venue that maybe holds 150-200. I'd love to see them get greater turnaround, but for a rainy Thursday night, with a playoff Montreal/Boston hockey game also happening, it's maybe not bad. I read that the Club Mod in Toronto (capacity of 600 according to Wiki) was also sold-out.

Great for Primal Fear, they deserve it cause they always deliver live. It was my 3rd time seeing them and everytime was killer. Ralf Scheepers is especially amazing. This guy, now 49, still has such power in his voice, it looks so easy. And he sings great also when more in "ballad-ish" mode. Alex Beyrodt was his usual excellent self and you could see that founding member Tom Naumann was really pleased to fill in for Magnus Karlsson during that tour. Mat Sinner was smiling a bit more than usual and was great as always, as was Randy Black, one of my fave drummers.

Very nice setlist as far as I'm concerned:

Final Embrace
Alive & On Fire
Delivering the Black
Nuclear Fire
Seven Seals
One Night in December
Angel in Black
When Death Comes Knocking
Chainbreaker
Fighting the Darkness
Bad Guys Wear Black
Metal Is Forever

Encore:
Unbreakable Pt. 2
Running in the Dust

10295420_626474757429548_7737205555412173115_o.jpg

10329969_626474754096215_179703383204620013_o.jpg

The Mod Club definitely was not sold out, but there was a much better crowd than I was expecting. Maybe 250-300 people? I'm not really a great judge of crowd size, but there were a lot of people.

The band was amazing. I'm not a huge fan of Primal Fear, but they were one of the better bands I've seen in a while. Ralf Scheepers sound unbelievable live. He's probably the best live sounding vocalist I've ever heard. It was a bit too loud for me, but great otherwise.

While they may be a staple as a live metal band in Germany, they certainly are not here, unfortunately.

On that, sadly, I have to agree with you.

I love Primal Fear. I have every disc and have followed their career from Day One.

That said...

Primal Fear - Delivering The Black - Soundscan US sales: First week of release sold 1000 units.

Skeletonwitch - Serpents Unleashed - Soundscan US sales: First week of release sold 5,550 units.

'Nuff said.

I wish it weren't so, but the numbers don't lie.

However, the US is a pretty dismal market for our kind of music generally. Primal Fear is not unusual in that regard.

It would have been a much better idea to latch on to another tour with another headliner... I don't think that this kind of turnout really surprises anyone, though. Primal Fear is just not well known enough in North America.