Voyager's upcoming US tour

Voyager must have hit you with it then. The band I noticed had a good stack of Progpower business cards at their merch table. Interesting you got that on your car, but I didn't, considering we were in the same parking garage.

How fucking incredibly great of them. Everything about Voyager makes me love them more. :headbang:

I definitely met a few people at the Worcester show who had no idea who Voyager were and were instantly converted. It was great to see that kind of enthusiasm, especially at what might've been the least-populated "big" metal show I've ever seen at that place.

Got handed a PP flier too, haha :)

this! And that was ME who handed you the flyer! :lol::lol::lol:

This. I went to see Voyager and a "local" (soon to be worldwide) opening act A Sound of Thunder :lol: Oh, and RoF was playing.... (yawn). But Voyager was why i drove 2 hours to deep in the heart of Baltimore on Memorial Day weekend. :)

tumblr_m0pohbpNnH1rrtufjo1_250.gif

Best night evar. It was so much fun to hang with people I only usually get to see on the internet!

Seriously guys....
I would not get too worked up about Bob's opinion on Voyager.
He's entitled to it, and probably wasted his time in a thread dedicated to Voyager's spot on the tour.
That would be like me asking what you guys all thought of the last Manilla Road album.
Just not the forum for it.

What I am more surprised about is the lack of excitement over Rhapsody's first US headlining tour.
I guess all the drama (IE - Magic Circle, Luca, 2 versions of the band) + Passage of time will result in many writing the band off.

Seriously guys....
I would not get too worked up about Bob's opinion on Voyager.
He's entitled to it, and probably wasted his time in a thread dedicated to Voyager's spot on the tour.
That would be like me asking what you guys all thought of the last Manilla Road album.
Just not the forum for it.

What I am more surprised about is the lack of excitement over Rhapsody's first US headlining tour.
I guess all the drama (IE - Magic Circle, Luca, 2 versions of the band) + Passage of time will result in many writing the band off.

Was this really Rhapsody's first headlining tour? I had no idea. Either way, I'll take "passage of time" as my reason. Ten years ago I'd have been all about a Rhapsody live show.

This I have to wholeheartedly agree with. I loved Voyager at Progpower and was looking forward to seeing them again on this tour, but considering how long people have wanted to see RoF, it's just surprising to me that they haven't been talked about a whole lot. They put on a fantastic show and I'm incredibly glad I was able to see them finally as I honestly had given up on thinking I would EVER see them. What I wonder though is where they go from here as I don't know what their next studio album will sound like without Luca and if they ever tour the states again.

Was this really Rhapsody's first headlining tour? I had no idea. Either way, I'll take "passage of time" as my reason. Ten years ago I'd have been all about a Rhapsody live show.

Yep,
Only other time they were in the states was for a short tour (Maybe even only 5 or 6 dates) supporting Manowar. They also did a couple Canadian dates (making it technically then a NA tour), where their live album was recorded.

From what I am hearing, the turnouts have been between 150 and 200 throughout the tour so far.

but considering how long people have wanted to see RoF,

Yeah, I have been posting on this forum for MANY years, and for a VERY long time, Rhapsody were a top 5 band on most people's WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE AT PP lists.

I know passage of time changes MANY bands demand and they went through a lot of drama, which never helps.

I'm sorry for insufficiently voicing my ULTIMATE MUSICAL ORGASM at the hands of Fabio. It was the most amazing evening ever. I bought Fabio a vodka and we complained about how telling the sound guy to do things is totally not our job.

SO MUCH INTERNAL SQUEALING.

During their set, I danced and headbanged and sang along to all the songs with my husband and the guys from Voyager. I've been waiting YEARS to see Rhapsody live and this was MAGNIFICENT.

LOL,
As I told others, it was the most bizarre soundcheck I had ever witnessed.
The soundguys at our venue had NO idea how to mix a band like Rhapsody.
Rhapsody's stage hand / tech guy had to explain vocal layering to them.
They still had no idea.
The show started 40 minutes late because of it.

Oh, and this is for you Nina.... 2 Sexy dudes!!!!
fabio.jpg

Hnnnn! My heart!!

Here's mine! Notice how deep my dimples are. You could fit a fist in them, I'm smiling so hard!

ninaandfabio.jpg

Yeah, I have been posting on this forum for MANY years, and for a VERY long time, Rhapsody were a top 5 band on most people's WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE AT PP lists.

I know passage of time changes MANY bands demand and they went through a lot of drama, which never helps.

If I recall though, that was even as recent as the last thread about booking this year's Progpower. I don't recall though, was that before or after the announcement of Luca leaving?

Yes, Voyager was definitely responsible for spreading around ProgPowerUSA love. As they were packing up their table, the PP business cards were falling out all over the place. It was quite comical actually. :lol: I gathered them up, smiling and thinking that a local PP Family member dropped them off at the table. Two seconds later when they made sure to get back every single one that I collected off the floor, it was obvious that Voyager had put them out.

To think, they carried those cards from Atlanta->Australia->LA->Pittsburgh->all around the country, just to spread word about a show they aren't going to be playing. Now that's love!

I'll toss in my until-now-unposted excitement. I've been looking forward to a US headlining tour from them for years. When they opened for Manowar back in '05, myself and 5 others from Minneapolis drove to Cleveland because that's as close as they came to us. Ever since them I've been waiting for this tour, through all the delays and drama.

I was amazed, awed, and rocked by RoF last night. It was worth the wait. I am actually now thinking that Fabio is an even better singer than I thought he was. And everyone in the band was so cool. I was quite surprised that they all hung out at the venue and outside on the sidewalk for many hours after the show. About two hours after the show, almost every fan had left and half of the band was still standing outside hanging out with the few remaining fans.

Oh, and the new members totally nailed it. Both guitarist Tom Hess bassist Oliver Holzwarth were excellent, both in execution and stage presence. I didn't get to see guitarist Roberto De Micheli much, as I was in front of the barrier on the other side of the stage.

Props to Voyager. As a band I was just slightly familiar with (I know a few songs from YouTube), they really put on a good show and bring an absolutely truckload of energy to the stage. I will have to look into this band further...

I helped out with merch at the Joliet show, as their set wound down I started getting slammed, even got a few "missed them at ProgPower, shouldn't have" responses, as well as some folks who didn't go, but heard about them.

And for fuck's sake....THEY'RE AUSSIES!!!! They play up that fact and view the whole performance as something to be enjoyed, both by them and the audience. As for the Meaning of I, it's a pretty indepth (aka serious) album. Quite honestly, I enjoyed their set much more than Rhapsody and their never ending line of encores.

Seems someone needs a laxative to release the putrefying rectal rodent. :devil:

Dammit, you were there? I was so pissed I couldn't get the night off. Such a fun group of people, I felt bad I couldn't come out and support them :(
Would have been cool to see the other Chicago area peeps, too! Mega kudos to them for helping pimp PPUSA along the way, as well......