Voyager's upcoming US tour

Freedom Call are great.

e5a4_bazinga_hoodie.jpg

I saw this tour in both Cleveland and Joliet, IL and Voyager and Rhapsody were great on both nights.

Voyager were very high energy and seemed to get a good crowd response in both cities. In Cleveland I did notice that about 20-30 people left after Voyager finished. In Cleveland especially there was about 15 people in ProgPower shirts which was cool to see the support. These seemed to be the ones who left early.

For Rhapsody there seemed to be high anticipation in the air waiting for this legendary band to hit the stage. They put on a great show and the set list was killer and I think touched just about every album and included all the fan favorites. At the Joliet show Fabio came into the crowd to sing with everyone during Land of Immortals. Here is someone's video of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bailed early from the Baltimore gig. I brought a buddy who was interested in Voyager. He made it through about 3-4 Rhapsody songs before turning to me and saying "Dude, are they singing about dwarves?" For all their talent, that is some pretty cheesy stuff, especially to the uninitiated.

I bailed early from the Baltimore gig. I brought a buddy who was interested in Voyager. He made it through about 3-4 Rhapsody songs before turning to me and saying "Dude, are they singing about dwarves?" For all their talent, that is some pretty cheesy stuff, especially to the uninitiated.

:lol:

Yes, but Fabio Lione is arguably one of the best metal vocalists out there (especially live). It's totally worth watching a full set with him, even if he's singing Nickelback covers.

that would be Pat ( modernwizardry) who is the dumbass talking. It was so odd...we could hearing singing and then suddenly he was behind us. It was pretty cool.

It's not my video or me singing (though if I were on the video I would have sounded just as bad) and yes he did apologize for his bad singing.

Yeah I thought Fabio pulled a Bilbo Baggins and put on the one ring and then disappeared and then suddenly reappeared in the crowd.

:lol:

Yes, but Fabio Lione is arguably one of the best metal vocalists out there (especially live). It's totally worth watching a full set with him, even if he's singing Nickelback covers.

He's got an amazing voice, and it's nice to see that it's not all studio polish. I'm a good ten years past my OMGRhapsody phase though, so I was content to satisfy my curiosity with a few songs and head out.

Don't mind Bob. I already had an argument with him earlier in the day and don't want to repeat that all over again. I think what it just comes down to honestly is it isn't his cup of tea. I mean, I have to laugh when he says they're generic, but Bob typically likes traditional metal bands that no one has heard of.

SO MUCH SAD. I got happy drunk and danced all night with Voyager, singing along to every ROF they performed. It was basically the best night of my life.

Voyager is awesome. Super fun and entertaining, and great guys to hang out with. A few of them wore A Sound of Thunder leather wristbands at their other shows. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS BAND.

but Bob typically likes traditional metal bands that no one has heard of.

:guh: I don't get your point here..........

So, because no one heard of them it makes them not good bands?

Anyhow, for the record, I do like "some" prog metal but simply could not get into them at all. Sorry. Not going to poop storm them like Bob is. Its just that form of Prog metal that isn't memorable to me.

I do like their female guitarist. She is a dead ringer for ANVIL's Eurpean tour manager in ANVIL : STORY OF ANVIL

Anyhow, for the record, I do like "some" prog metal but simply could not get into them at all. Sorry. Not going to poop storm them like Bob is. Its just that form of Prog metal that isn't memorable to me.

The main point, I think was calling Voyager "generic". There's nothing generic about their style of Prog Metal...

:guh: I don't get your point here..........

So, because no one heard of them it makes them not good bands?

Of course not. I wasn't saying that they aren't good bands because of it. Just saying the style of metal he prefers really has nothing in common with Voyager was my point. I probably shouldn't have said the "bands no one has heard of" comment as that doesn't really add much to the argument. Just a jokingly jab. I would've guessed Bob wouldn't have liked them beforehand anyways.

I actually don't know what to describe Voyager. They are prog in a way I guess but not in the obvious sense, i.e. they aren't Dream Theater worship.

I actually picked up an 80s brit new wave vibe to them.

Their keytarists hairstyle is right out of a 90's grunge video!
Maybe the Seattle sound just hit Australia.