PRIMAL FEAR : 2014 North American tour

I'm not offended about that my friend, but I found it was ok to be clear about the fact that I don't just do buy ons. I did that yesterday and that was the end of that "topic" yesterday. I really am talking about the big picture now. I don't understand how sometimes you still argue with people who evidently know more about certain things than you. That's all. :)

Well, this has hit a dead end...........

Aeonic's silver bullet was having the actual sales of 6,000 VS 1,000.
That still means very little to me in defeating my claim that DF went more under the radar than PF in the grand scheme of the underground metal community.

Alright. Good luck to Primal Fear!

You may not care for 'em...I dunno. And they aren't very big Stateside. But this is a band that has played main stage at Wacken so many times I've lost count. I take your hyperbole for what it's worth. But PF are hardly an 'under the radar' band.

Oh, I consider myself a casual PF fan.
I do like them.
I wouldn't spend this much time discussing this if I didn't.

While they may be a staple as a live metal band in Germany, they certainly are not here, unfortunately.

You guys MADE me do this:

I've enjoyed reading this thread more than just about anything else over the last week. Alas, it is all I can contribute to the debate. I'm surprised no one beat me to it ! :popcorn:

PS. I want a group photo with you all next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad, but true. It's the reason so many Euro bands don't even give the US the time-of-day. I guess we're fortunate that so many DO bother to take the time to play over here to *ahem* underwhelming response.

this also goes for a lot of classic US acts as well. Medieval Steel for example won't play in the states but they have done a bunch of shows in Europe because they will get bigger crowds and bigger pay days than they ever would in the states. It sucks but I can see why as a band they would do it. I am sure it is the same thought pattern than the Euro acts have about coming over here.

Sad, but true. It's the reason so many Euro bands don't even give the US the time-of-day. I guess we're fortunate that so many DO bother to take the time to play over here to *ahem* underwhelming response.

For the same reason, I highly respect a band like Raven, which keeps on touring and giving 110% on the stage, even when they play for 75 people or less. I saw them a couple weeks ago and they were killer. despite the very low turnout. Thumbs up!

:kickass:

For the same reason, I highly respect a band like Raven, which keeps on touring and giving 110% on the stage, even when they play for 75 people or less. I saw them a couple weeks ago and they were killer. despite the very low turnout. Thumbs up!

One of the best live acts I've seen in a long time. This is what makes a great live act though, a band that plays their heart off whether it's 50 or 5,000 or more.

Raven should have opened for Saxon and played to more people. Fuck that would have made enduring Fozzy a bit more palatable. Hopefully, Raven will come back to Montreal on a Saturday the next time.

I am not trying to hide the fact that this is common practice. In case, it's one of the first things I tell my bands when I start working with them.

"Keep in mind this exists, so if the opportunity presents itself in that shape, don't feel offended. It's normal."

I just wonder if it crossed your mind that I could have had the opportunity to put a band on that tour in a slot that *pays* the band instead of having to do a buy on. That's all.

I have done it before - every agent has, and whoever tells you they haven't is lying to you. I just don't want people to think that we only get bands on tour through buy ons, because that's very far from the truth.

So, Halcyon Way was the first choice for older bands touring? Udo gave HW a good reference to Biff & Mateos? Curious.

So, it was Jericho's fault :saint:

I swear, TDD is obsessed with HW, hahaha....he's like a creepy stalker in a windowless van parked around the corner that taps on your bedroom window while you sleep, clutching sweaty copies of obscure NWOBHM vinyl releases from 1982 in his hands, preparing to tell you 'how we did it in MY day'. Carry on sir!

Ha.. KiLLeR DWaRfS! They would be an awesome oddball band for ProgPower.

Russ can still sing, too..