Voyager's upcoming US tour

Voyager were absolutely killer in San Diego last night and got a great response from the crowd. I saw a few other people wearing PPUSA shirts and/or who I talked about PPUSA with, and I saw a couple other people singing along, so I know that at least a portion of the crowd knew them going in, but I'm pretty sure they won over a good deal of fans through their performance. I obviously would've liked to see them get a longer set, but that's also a reminder of how spoiled we are to see every band get an hour at PPUSA. I definitely hope to see them back in the US at some point - I know they took a hit having to rebook their flights, but it seems like they got a good response and hopefully it will be feasible for them to come back and continue building a fanbase here. They certainly deserve every bit of success they get, and then some.

Rhapsody of Fire were good, although I didn't stay for their whole set. Fabio has a tremendous voice, but I'm not a huge fan of the band and quite frankly, their live presence paled in comparison to Voyager. Yes, they're an accomplished band and I fully understand why dedicated fans were excited to see them, I take nothing away from RoF. Voyager are just far too much fun and far too good live, it would take someone like Sabaton to come out after them and not look less intense.

Voyager were absolutely killer in San Diego last night and got a great response from the crowd. I saw a few other people wearing PPUSA shirts and/or who I talked about PPUSA with, and I saw a couple other people singing along, so I know that at least a portion of the crowd knew them going in, but I'm pretty sure they won over a good deal of fans through their performance. I obviously would've liked to see them get a longer set, but that's also a reminder of how spoiled we are to see every band get an hour at PPUSA. I definitely hope to see them back in the US at some point - I know they took a hit having to rebook their flights, but it seems like they got a good response and hopefully it will be feasible for them to come back and continue building a fanbase here. They certainly deserve every bit of success they get, and then some.

Rhapsody of Fire were good, although I didn't stay for their whole set. Fabio has a tremendous voice, but I'm not a huge fan of the band and quite frankly, their live presence paled in comparison to Voyager. Yes, they're an accomplished band and I fully understand why dedicated fans were excited to see them, I take nothing away from RoF. Voyager are just far too much fun and far too good live, it would take someone like Sabaton to come out after them and not look less intense.

Yea, this about sums up my thoughts about last nights show. Voyager completely won me over and just about the entire crowd. Such a great live show, I really hope this tour gets them a lot more recognition (I am going to get one of their albums from Amazon today).

I also agree on RoF, I stayed through the whole set while there were some highlights, but I was often bored. Granted this might have a lot more to do with my personal tastes than the actual quality of the performance. Fabio was great, but the rest of the band was not very charismatic at all. Not really sure what the dynamic was before, but it seems almost like Fabio's solo band now. My buddy who is a guitar nut said that the truncated a lot of Luca's solos.