Kamelot US Tour with Fabio Lione on vocals Aug/Sep 2011

You know who I thought actually sounded really good fronting Kamelot? Jake from Amaranthe.

That's probably one of the few "unknown" singers that I can see Youngblood giving the gig to. The guy has a great voice and I heard he did a killer job at ProgPower.

As far as Amaranthe goes, I can't wait to hear their full length!!!

Nope. It was 14 shows:

Jun. 02 - Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues
Jun. 03 - Winston Salem, NC @ Ziggy's
Jun. 04 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ The Culture Room
Jun. 05 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
Jun. 07 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
Jun. 08 - Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm
Jun. 09 - Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
Jun. 11 - Buffalo, NY @ The Icon
Jun. 12 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Jun. 13 - Quebec City, QU @ Albert-Rousseau
Jun. 14 - Montreal, QU @ Metropolis
Jun. 16 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts
Jun. 18 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Jun. 19 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's

Thanks, for some reason, I remember it being shorter than that.

Who knows? Maybe this is part of a "yet to be announced" Kamelot /
Rhapsody tour.

That would be amazing. That being said, as much as Lione is one of the most talented, most technical and most impressive metal vocalists out there period, I don't think pulling a double every single night would be a smart thing to do.

That would be amazing. That being said, as much as Lione is one of the most talented, most technical and most impressive metal vocalists out there period, I don't think pulling a double every single night would be a smart thing to do.

I was thinking that same thing. He's got an awesome voice but that comes at a cost and singing for over 2 hours per night might be detrimental to his consistency.

That's kinda lame, given that bands used to play 2 hours a night, and played a lot more dates as well.

Are modern metal singers made of less stern stuff than Jon Bon Jovi, who on the New Jersey tour sang two hours per night for 250 dates?

How many shows worldwide would a Kamelot/Rhapsody tour do? 50?

I don't know, adaher,

Have you seen Jon Bon Jovi on the tail end of a tour? Just because a singer is willing to perform 2+ hours per night doesn't mean that they sound good doing it. Nonetheless, though I think Fabio has the stamina for it, I don't see him fronting two bands on the same tour.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Are modern metal singers made of less stern stuff than Jon Bon Jovi, who on the New Jersey tour sang two hours per night for 250 dates?
Yes.

Nonetheless, though I think Fabio has the stamina for it, I don't see him fronting two bands on the same tour.
Agreed. There's no way he's going to perform with two bands in the same night. First off all, it would mean that Kamelot would be getting the lesser of his two performances, as both his voice and body would be tired from the opening set. Does someone think Thomas is going to agree to that, when he doesn't need Rhapsody as an opener?

I miss those old concert videos, all the band members breathing hard, drenched in sweat, but still having the time of their lives.

Today's metal shows are more like short recitals.

Agreed. There's no way he's going to perform with two bands in the same night. First off all, it would mean that Kamelot would be getting the lesser of his two performances, as both his voice and body would be tired from the opening set. Does someone think Thomas is going to agree to that, when he doesn't need Rhapsody as an opener?

Having Rhapsody open for Kamelot is about as crazy a suggestion as saying "Oh, how about we get Redemption to open the Fates Warning tour?"

Does someone think Thomas is going to agree to that, when he doesn't need Rhapsody as an opener?

What????
How well do you seriously think Kamelot can draw if they go out with no solid opener?

Yes, they have done well in the past but had bands like Epica and Edguy supporting.

I think a Kamelot / Rhapsody tour would be a whole new ballgame for this tour that would benefit everyone.

Yeah, whether or not Fabio would or could do it is another story.

What????
How well do you seriously think Kamelot can draw if they go out with no solid opener?

Yes, they have done well in the past but had bands like Epica and Edguy supporting.

I think a Kamelot / Rhapsody tour would be a whole new ballgame for this tour that would benefit everyone.

Kamelot draws VERY well from my understanding. Haven't seen them personally but from what I hear, last time they played Atlanta (excluding PP) they drew about 600-700 (keep in mind Danzig/Dimmu Borgir/Moonspell/Skeletonwitch was going on across town, too). Pretty damn big crowd. How do you think either party would be benefited by a Rhapsody/Kamelot tour when it's already known that Rhapsody's expensive to book?

I just don't see the benefits getting anywhere close to the costs.

What????

Kamelot has toured just fine with Leaves Eyes and Seven Witches in the past.

The better question is how no Khan will effect the drawing power. But if Epica can do it, I don't see why Kamelot can't.

Edit: And Epica didn't have that much drawing power when they opened for Kamelot. Their first headlining US tour only drew around 200 in NYC, most of whom were the regulars that go to all the various Kamelot, Nightwish, etc shows.

Right, Kamelot may have drawn 600 last time in Atlanta, but don't you think Edguy had something to do with that as well?

Time will tell. Yeah, I agree that it will be interesting to see how a Kahn-less Kamelot does. It is a very sticky situation indeed.

Well, there are many ways that two touring bands can cut costs (IE - share a backline, etc). I completely understand and agree that it might not be extremely 100% feasible or economical for a Kamelot / Rhap tour, but it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility. If Rhapsody viewed this as a good opportunity to get back to the US, they might be willing to lower their guarantee, and view it as a first step to come back later as a headliner.

Right, Kamelot may have drawn 600 last time in Atlanta, but don't you think Edguy had something to do with that as well?

Time will tell. Yeah, I agree that it will be interesting to see how a Kahn-less Kamelot does. It is a very sticky situation indeed.

Well, there are many ways that two touring bands can cut costs (IE - share a backline, etc). I completely understand and agree that it might not be extremely 100% feasible or economical for a Kamelot / Rhap tour, but it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility. If Rhapsody viewed this as a good opportunity to get back to the US, they might be willing to lower their guarantee, and view it as a first step to come back later as a headliner.

They didn't play in Atlanta with Edguy.

Lots and lots of speculation going on here, and that is good, butttttt none of us really know the extent of Khan's illness, or if he is indeed being replaced, or by who. Lots of great singer' names have been mentioned, especially Micheal, and Jake. Fabio, although a good singer is not the right fit. Now here is a question that needs to be asked. Do you think that Thomas might just try and find his neww singer(if he is looking for one) here in the US? This would give them more chances to rehearse, and plan and get ready for a tour, instead of having to get visas and wait. Some great singers in the US come to mind, that would definetly be able to pull it off. John West comes to mind first, and even Zak Stevens(and he lives in Fl) and even Andrew Ross of TSO.