Kamelot US Tour with Fabio Lione on vocals Aug/Sep 2011

I don't find anything exciting about this....the fact that they are planning shows this far in advance with a different singer really doesn't bode well for Roy Khan being a member of Kamelot going forward. And for me, that's a supreme bummer. Khan and Youngblood are the heart and soul of the band...take one of them away and the band is dead, IMO. I think Roy is essential to the sound of Kamelot.

Me too, but even going into August & Sept of next year, that could be their last outing without Khan. That would be about one year off for Khan, which seems like a not-unreasonable amount of time to me.

I'd rather hear Simone singing full-time with Kamelot than with Epica. With Youngblood, you know you're going to get something melodic and smooth. That's hardly been the case with Epica recently.

I love this idea...isn't her boyfriend the keyboard player for Kamelot? It probably would never happen, but man, if Khan can't continue with the band, this would be an outstanding solution.

BWBK says in the post that these 2 dates are part of a FULL U.S. tour.
It would be cool if they would release some stuff with Fabio so we can see what we are in for.
Also,it says "due to continuing medical and personal issues,Roy Khan can't finish the tour."

I think its a stretch to assume Roy Khan has left the band or anything like that. I'm sure the band knows just as well as the rest of us at how hard it would be to replace Roy permanently. As for Simone replacing him full time... I'm assuming that was a joke. I'd never buy another Kamelot album ever again lol.

I think its a stretch to assume Roy Khan has left the band or anything like that. I'm sure the band knows just as well as the rest of us at how hard it would be to replace Roy permanently. As for Simone replacing him full time... I'm assuming that was a joke. I'd never buy another Kamelot album ever again lol.

It was simply a shot at Epica, and that, in my opinion, her talents could be better utilized and she could flourish more with a songwriter like Thomas Youngblood. No, Simone could not handle the Khan catalog, and I don't want to see that happen. That said, each Kamelot release leaves me longing to hear more of her voice with that kind of songwriter. If Khan eventually stay or goes, I'd still like to hear more collaborations between Simone and Thom.

It was simply a shot at Epica, and that, in my opinion, her talents could be better utilized and she could flourish more with a songwriter like Thomas Youngblood. No, Simone could not handle the Khan catalog, and I don't want to see that happen. That said, each Kamelot release leaves me longing to hear more of her voice with that kind of songwriter. If Khan eventually stay or goes, I'd still like to hear more collaborations between Simone and Thom.

Fair enough. The Phantom Agony was an amazing album, but the rest...

I think she adds a lot to the recent Kamelot releases. She plays the role quite well. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing her more on the releases, but the idea of her belting out all the parts Khan used to sing just doesn't sit well with me.

Hopefully they come to AZ this time. The last time they were supposed to tour the US there was no AZ date scheduled. Best wishes to Khan though. It doesn't bode well for the future as it will have been basically a year's worth of time off to recover and he still is unable to tour.

After reading the BWBK story and realizing this relates to the remainder of the world tour, of which the US tour will be a part of... now I'm worried we won't be getting any Tommy love here in the US. You never know, though.

I would go to this.

I will go to this. Don't know how it will turn out with Fabio instead of Khan, but I'm certainly interested enough to go find out. (Hate the frigging Grammercy, though. Irving anyone?) I agree this doesn't bode well for Khan, but I had a feeling for awhile that he was going to need extended time off. Hope he recupes.

Coming with me, Christina?

I saw Kamelot and I said yay. I saw Fabio and I said meh. I'm not a fan at all. If it were Tommy on vocals though... Hell, I'd probably do a 1k mile weekend like I did to see Scar Symmetry for that show.

I was worried that the announcement of Michael Eriksen replacing Khan for the U.S. tour that was supposed to take place in the fall was a foreshadowing of the announcement of Khan's departure from the band. Now I'm convinced that Khan is out of the band. Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that tour dates with another singer are being announced eight months in advance? Unless Khan has some terminal illness, there is no reason for this band to book shows with another singer unless it's already been decided that Khan is out of the band.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I was worried that the announcement of Michael Eriksen replacing Khan for the U.S. tour that was supposed to take place in the fall was a foreshadowing of the announcement of Khan's departure from the band. Now I'm convinced that Khan is out of the band. Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that tour dates with another singer are being announced eight months in advance? Unless Khan has some terminal illness, there is no reason for this band to book shows with another singer unless it's already been decided that Khan is out of the band.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I have to agree....or like most bands, take some time off and then come back. I have a feeling that Kahn is out. If he was still in the band I could see them saying they will be back full force in 2012. Not doing a tour with a different singer.

See what Mike Portnoy started? :Smokedev:

I wish Roy well, and the Kamelot guys were true pros to work with. Whatever the situation is, I want nothing but the best for all parties involved.
This isn't just me riding the fence, I sincerely mean it.

wellll- while i love Simone & at the outset the idea of her in kamelot presents some intriguing possibilities musically, I think in the final analysis it could turn into another Nightwish w/Annette situation-probably an uphill climb with their fan bases,tricky to deal with the existing song catalogue, & ultimately not a good choice for either of them.
I am starting to wonder about all this tho. hope i am entirely wrong, but i do think it looks like Khan is packing/has packed it in. seems a shame, but that's life sometimes. If indeed he does leave or has left, then Kamelot is pretty much over for me.:(:bah:

This is probably old news, but from www.melodicrock.com :
"TheRighttoRock.com has issued their latest Podcast (episode #112), featuring Kamelot Guitarist Thomas Youngblood. Thomas took time out of his busy schedule to discuss Kamelot's latest CD Poetry for the Poisoned, Thomas discusses how the new CD came together as well as why the current tour has been put on hold. Interview lasts approx. 25 min.
....the boys chew the fat with Kamelot guitarist Thomas Youngblood as he discusses the band's latest CD "Poetry for the Poisoned", as well as the status of vocalist Roy Khan."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Yeah, I'm thinking it's over, but I thought that back in Sept. also.
It's just too weird. Something must have happened between them.
They weren't my favorite band but I'm pretty bummed out about it.

I've yet to see Kamelot and I want to see them....with Khan.

If this tour does happen with the Rhapsody guy then no thanks. And I guess I'll still be waiting to see them, with Khan.:bah:

I'm sorry but as much as I like Fabio, I do not think he is the right fit for Kamelot, whereas Micheal Ericksonn was. As Tommy Karevik now that would fit hopefully Seventh Wonder is touring with them.

I agree...somewhat. I agree totally that Fabio, while a great singer I can't imagine meshing well with Kamelot. With Ericksonn I think his vocals fit well with Kamelot, but he doesn't have the stage presence and charisma that Khan does. Regardless though, I have a feeling Kamelot have done their final album and tour with Khan.