Let's review previous statements...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
In the past I have said the following regarding the final slot:

1. It may be controversial.
2. Sonata is the festival headliners and Saturday would be a co-headline position.
3. Sometimes you have to create headliners instead of booking headliners.

That said, I do not have the final band booked. All I can say is that I'm working on it. My plan at the moment is to stick to the above criteria so that should cross a few selections off your guess list. If that crashes and burns, then I honestly do not know what direction I will go.

I do know that regardless, there will be bitching because:

a. your favorite band wasn't booked.
b. the band you thought was booked didn't get it.
c. you think the band doesn't deserve that high of a slot
d. you think Primal Fear is a bigger band and deserves to close out the night (screw the Rage Effect risk).
e. you just don't like the band.

My response now and in the future is

"I don't book for a single person. I book in the interest of the festival as a whole and sometimes you just go with your gut and say fuck it. That's what has gotten me where I am today. "

Whoever it is, I am sold on the roster as it is and even my least favorite band in the # 5 slot on Saturday will not bother me. Do what you gotta do bro!

"I don't book for a single person. I book in the interest of the festival as a whole and sometimes you just go with your gut and say fuck it. That's what has gotten me where I am. "

I daresay your gut has served you in the past!

Though, with the way you're phrasing these criteria it almost makes me want to say "Wait, I like this band? Better cross them off the list!" :loco:
I've got faith in you. Just hurry up and pick a band! :saint:

I do know that regardless, there will be bitching because:

d. you think Primal Fear is a bigger band and deserves to close out the night (screw the Rage Effect risk).

My response now and in the future is

"I don't book for a single person. I book in the interest of the festival as a whole and sometimes you just go with your gut and say fuck it."

You are to be respected as you have put out good shows (basically) in the past. But when you put up a thought like e. you just don't like the band and you wonder why there will be bitching?

I think that you might want to put a little more concern into the fact that maybe people will not like the band (s). Because unless you have a total kickass last spot band in the wings, I really don't think this will sellout. I think that this is a pretty weak lineup and the ticket demand will show it this year. If last year took until the last minute to sell out even with a band like Evergrey on the bill who have been on MTV, then I believe this will be even worse.

I will not be going and I have five guys I know that are much more into the Progpower scene than I will ever be and they have said they won't be going either. No disrespect, just a thought on the lineup. Good luck though.

You are to be respected as you have put out good shows (basically) in the past. But when you put up a thought like e. you just don't like the band and you wonder why there will be bitching?

I think that you might want to put a little more concern into the fact that maybe people will not like the band (s). Because unless you have a total kickass last spot band in the wings, I really don't think this will sellout. I think that this is a pretty weak lineup and the ticket demand will show it this year. If last year took until the last minute to sell out even with a band like Evergrey on the bill who have been on MTV, then I believe this will be even worse.

I will not be going and I have five guys I know that are much more into the Progpower scene than I will ever be and they have said they won't be going either. No disrespect, just a thought on the lineup. Good luck though.

Better that you won't be there... more hardcore fans of the festival and the genre in general will be able to attend.

If SA is the festival headliner how come they aren't closing out the fest on Saturday night .... just curious ?? Is it the potential for the Rage effect? I wouldn't expect that to happen to SA .. although I'm not personally a fan of theirs.

Britt

Am I by any chance smelling some Orphaned Land? haha well whatever it is I trust in you since this year is pretty rockin so far

Nevermore would be fantastic, but I really doubt we'll ever see them at PP.
After Forever maybe? Orphaned Land? PoS? Iced Earth? Angra? Andre Matos solo? LOL...

Nice way to think. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion. I'll try harder for you next time.

You are wasting your time trying to impress me,

A). Yours and my opinions don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I do know that I will be at the festival having fun, and not at home bitching because I didn't like the lineup.

B). This festival wouldn't know weak lineup if it kicked it in the face, this fest will sell out, probably not beat the record, but WELL before October.

C). It seems that the entire post you made about "I will not be attending and neither will my friends, blah blah blah" was put on here just to create controversy. If you don't like the lineup, don't go, but don't make a big deal out of it. I guarantee you that the people who like this lineup vastly outweigh the ones who don't.

Have fun at home that weekend.

Brent

2. Sonata is the festival headliners and Saturday would be a co-headline position.

1. Could still be Nocturnal Rites
2. NR could definitely headline on Saturday, I mistakenly thought previously that you had said the Saturday bands were "equal" as in status, which I definitely don't think NR is at the same level as PF.
3. Putting NR would fit
c. Could still be NR
d. Could definitely be NR

So... it's still a possibility at least ;)

In the past I have said the following regarding the final slot:

#3 is a key phrase .... It sounds like the Iced Earth's, Nevermore's, and Helloween's are out of the equation right now. Think Primal Fear level .. maybe a little smaller even. Personally it sounds like Brainstorm to me, but who knows for sure.

Britt