Official All-Star Jam Set Discussion

Freakchylde, I figure you might know this.....is 'paint-over-nipples' legal in Georgia, or is it defined as 'being topless'?

I'm really not sure, the year Ozzfest ditched Atlanta, they had women walking around with painted torsos and not getting into trouble, so I think you're fine as long as you can't see any definitive colour. Though, if a cop wanted to cause problems, s/he could, and more than likely they used a type of latex-based paint or used a small bit of tape before painting. *shrugs* But I'm sure there are other things - e.g. her staying in the venue complex like that vs leaving it.

Not that it matters, but there was some fabric or something over her nipples, and they painted over that
It was evident when she was standing under one of the work lights on the side of the stage afterward

It was borderline inappropriate but I do think people are being a bit too sensitive about it. I just don't think she had that great of a body personally, so I was just kind of like "Hmm, ok." I'm fairly prudish myself so that whole sort of thing isn't my cup of tea, but it didn't make me upset or anything. Not that big a deal.

I couldn't agree more. That said, I missed the sitting on his face thing, so I can easily see where that would piss some people off. She made me feel like I had big boobs, though, so... ;) Anyway, my buddy Britt had the best idea: if she'd come out and they'd done "Looks that Kill," that would have been kinda cool.

Anyway, I LOVED the jam... Zak doing Strutter was priceless. Loved pretty much every song, and it was a BOATLOAD of fun. Wish more people had known the FNM tune... what a surprise! And I'm not a big fan of FLor, but thought "Alone" was pretty stellar. How many dudes in the audience knew that one? :lol:

AFAIC, this could happen every year.. I'm sure it was easy to do. ;)

Shaye

I didn't care how late the show went. The All-Star Jam was excellent! Just about every song sounded great. The biggest highlights for me were Nils and Lance performing "Lady Of Winter," Floor and Ralf performing "Who Wants To Live Forever," and Floor performing "Alone." The only things I could have done without were Ray Alder butchering "The Real Thing" (and this is coming from a guy who cites him as one of his biggest vocal influences. His voice is really going these days) and Damian Wilson's rendition of "Hard To Handle" (though it's not because of the female guest. I wasn't offended, though I was unimpressed, and not because of the lack of breasts. Damian could have performed a song that better fit his voice). That said, I had a fantastic time rocking out to that set. A big shout out goes to Pagan's Mind for being the best sports about the whole thing and having a good time.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

OH CRAP HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION DESPERADO??? I gotta shake Zak's hand for giving me a wonderful Eagles fill, absolutely the last band I expected to be covered that night, and definitely the last song! What a treat. I'm such an old fogey old-school wuss for loving the Eagles, and I'll say it proudly til I die. EAGLES FTW

I do have to say that knowing Jorn from PM is supposed to be a pretty big Van Halen fan, I was really hoping for some Hot for Teacher or Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love...hell, even some Eruption. Also, I would have suggested swapping Children of the Sea for We Rock, and if you're going to do some FNM, do something off of Angel Dust. :p But that's just me.

That cover of Heart done by After Forever took my breath away. She really nailed that note in the middle of the song. It was also cool that they gave her another chance to perform "The Final Countdown" in the beginning. Overall, all the bands did a good job with their covers, even if I was not fond of all the songs that they did perform.
I was really hoping that someone would have covered Savatage, but oh well. Could that possiby be a yearly thing now? I think that it is a great idea if it was.

Cheers!!!
saMetal

The jam was great -- I enjoyed the whole thing! So many great surprises: King Diamond, Faith No More, Accept, Queen, Malmsteen, and on and on and on. Great!!! :headbang:

And today I have hardly any voice and my neck is sore as hell from practically non-stop headbanging. :headbang: I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Set list:

The Final Countdown - Floor Jansen & After Forever keyboardist
Stutter - Zak Stevens
Symphony of Destruction - Oddleif Stensland
Welcome Home - Nils K Rue
You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget - Basse & Gus G
Youth Gone Wild - Claudio Coassin - Raintime provides backing vocals
Out in the Fields - Ralf Scheepers & mat Sinner
Lady of Winter - Lance King & Nils K. Rue
Eruption - Jorn Viggo Lofstad
Highway to Hell/Guitar Solo Battle - Mattias Eklundh & Christer Ortefors/Gus G
Back in Black - Mattias Eklundh & Christer Ortegors/Gus G

Flight of the Icarus - PP USA CREW (Break for PM)

Alone - Floor Jansen
Who Wants to Live Forever - Floor & Ralf
Desperado - (originally Andy Kuntz) Zak Stevens
Who's Crying Now? - Andy Kuntz (crossed off)
Hard to Handle - Damian Wilson
The Real Thing - Ray Alder & Nick Van Dyk
I Want Out - Michael Gremio
Take Hold of the Flame - Nils K. Rue
Children of the Sea - Zak Stevens
Metal Gods - Ralf Scheepers, Stefan Lill?
Balls to the Wall - Lance King, Stefan Lill, & all vocalists/crew

Looks like you got a copy of the actual setlist ;)
There were actually a few changes:
Youth Gone Wild - no Raintime for vox
Eruption - dropped from the set
Guitar solo/battle did not happen due to a last minute change of plans

nicked from the setlist thread thanks!
Allstar Jam
1) Final Countdown / EUROPE / Floor Jansen(After Forever)
2) Strutter / KISS / Zak Stevens
3) Symphony of Destruction / MEGADETH / Oddleif Stensland(Communic)
4) Welcome Home / KING DIAMOND / Nils Rue(Pagan's Mind)
5) You'll Never Remember, I'll Never Forget / YNGWIE / Henning Basse(Firewind)
6) Youth Gone WIld / SKID ROW / Raintime Singer
7) Back On the Streets / GARY MOORE / Ralf Scheepers & Mat Sinner(Primal Fear)
8) Lady Of Winter / CRIMSON GLORY / Nils Rue(Pagan's Mind)
9) Highway to Hell / AC/DC / Christer Ortefors(Freak Kitchen)
10) Back In Black / AC/DC / Christer Ortefors(Freak Kitchen)
11) Flight of Icarus / MAIDEN / PP crew
12) Alone / HEART / Floor Jansen(After Forever)
13) Who wants to live forever / QUEEN / Floor Jansen & Ralf Scheeepers
14) Desperado / EAGLES / Zak Stevens
15) Hard to Handle / BLACK CROWES / Damian Wilson(Threshold)
16) The Real Thing / FAITH NO MORE / Ray Alder(Redemption)
17) I Want Out / HELLOWEEN / Michael Gremio(Cellador)
18) Take Hold of the Flame / QUEENSRYCHE / Nils Rue (Pagan's Mind)
19) Children of the Sea / BLACK SABBATH / Zak Stevens
20) Metal Gods / JUDAS PRIEST / Ralf Scheepers(Primal Fear)
21) Balls To the Wall / ACCEPT / Lance King(Krucible)

a total blast but the second 1/2 I was watching from inside as it was just too damn hot inside. The last 3 songs is when I wanted to be up and in the pit but my body just couldn't handle any more! Great way to close the night! THANKYOU ALL!!!

i haven't read though this entire post, but it seems TOO MANY people are forgetting to give any amount of credit to the guys from PAGAN'S MIND for learning all the music for these 22 cover songs. i was beyond impressed at their skill as a unit to adjust and continually re-adjust to the singers and their interpretations of the songs presented.

secondly, seems just as suspected most fans of progpower don't know their musical history. "hard to handle" = black crowes? yes, they COVERED it once, but its actually an OTIS REDDING penned tuned covered by countless bands over the years. props to Damian Wilson for choosing it. sadly enough the woman on stage was far too distracting to enjoy.

so, about the woman and people worried about "lance's kids" do you think he really cared? if so, lance shouldn't have been dropping the f-bomb during his set, his kids were sitting right in front of me. just like the problems with our society today people are always worried about OTHER PEOPLE'S sensibilities. if you were offended fine then be offended but let everyone worry about themselves.

NILS and the boys basically handed everyone their asses that night. i mean doing KING DIAMOND, CRIMSON GLORY and QUEENSRYCHE? Amazing, but of course they had the advantage of rehearsal but its not like they tackled easy songs either.

i thought EVERYONE did an amazing job (Floor and Ralf were great too) and especially the guys from FREAK KITCHEN showing what the event truly is about...HAVING FUN. so they were drunk, so what? who the hell wasn't that weekend? i know i was and they represented "good times" so props to them. plus people here need to put yourself in these band's positions. they come across the ocean to play and party. so they got a little rowdy.

got an opinion and want to discuss further? don't be afraid i don't hit too hard.
TRIBUNALRECORDS@AOL.COM
email me.

matt

Looks like you got a copy of the actual setlist ;)
There were actually a few changes:
Youth Gone Wild - no Raintime for vox
Eruption - dropped from the set
Guitar solo/battle did not happen due to a last minute change of plans

Haha yeah I did grab the real setlist. I knew it wasn't exactly right, but it seems your memory served you better than mine. Thanks for the update!

so, about the woman and people worried about "lance's kids" do you think he really cared? if so, lance shouldn't have been dropping the f-bomb during his set, his kids were sitting right in front of me. just like the problems with our society today people are always worried about OTHER PEOPLE'S sensibilities. if you were offended fine then be offended but let everyone worry about themselves.

matt

Matt, I'm not sure if it was so much as anyone being offended as it just cheapened the set. The bottom line is that it was just flat out tacky. I mean you have people covering King Diamond, Megadeth, Yngwie, and Queen, then you have some clown up there singing Hard to Handle simulating sex with a stripper or whatever she was. I expect something like that at a 50 Cent concert, but not at ProgPower. It stood out and not in a good way either. That's just my opinion and it doesn't hurt my feelings if anyone else shares it or not.

~Brian~

Lady of Winter and Welcome Home were my 2 personal favorites of the set. Nils stole the show in The Jam IMO.