ProgPower USA VIII: 4th Slot bands confirmed

What a good day. This basically seals the deal for me making my trip to PP8 just need that last band to make sure but i dont know if that can even disrail it at this point.

I saw an aweful lot of posts mentioning Primal Fear, and Pagans Mind.

I think it definately stood out.

I love both these bands.This will be my fourth Progpower and even without the final band announced this is clearly gonna be the best for me.Thanks Glenn especially for Primal Fear I thought I was never gonna catch them here in the states.You made my Christmas!

Time for some perspective people...

First of all...we are all part of the Metal Fraternity otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum.
Secondly...the ProgPower fest gives us the opportunity to see bands that we could only dream of seeing a few short years ago.
Thirdly...I respect everyone's opinion and passionate responses regarding the lineup thus far...including the naysayers.

With that said...you can bet that somebody was bitching almost 40 years ago when they saw that Jimi Hendrix was going to perform at Woodstock...sounds pretty silly, eh?

Thanks again Glenn...who said Santa Claus was fiction?

Man, I feel bad for Virgin Steele. A band with a long history that has composed and crafted some pretty amazing concept albums and finely polished metal operas getting bumped down by the two-album pan flash of Redemption and the generic Pagan's Mind. Virgin Steele is a special band, PM is just filler in the prog metal genre. A #2 or maybe #3.

And Primal Fear as #4. I don't even know where to start there. Guess all the mindless, beer chugging, fist pumping folk will be happy.

I can't wait!!! Pagan's Mind AND Primal Fear!!! This is too good to be true. But wait....it isn't too good. This is what a typical Prog Power is! You can't beat this fest.

Wow, I am not happy at all with those choices nor the designated slots. You can't win them all; this festival is very solid as it stands anyway. I understand there is alot of buzz about Pagans Mind, but the 4 slot is baffling me. Do they have only 2 albums out, or is there a third?

Not complaining, just voicing my opinion. I much rather have seen a band like Labyrinth, Time Machine, Eldritch, Tomorrows Eve, Vanishing Point, Black Majesty, Elegacy, etc... I am still looking forward to the headliner and hoping for Helloween!!!

Man, I feel bad for Virgin Steele. A band with a long history that has composed and crafted some pretty amazing concept albums and finely polished metal operas getting bumped down by the two-album pan flash of Redemption and the generic Pagan's Mind. Virgin Steele is a special band, PM is just filler in the prog metal genre. A #2 or maybe #3.

And Primal Fear as #4. I don't even know where to start there. Guess all the mindless, beer chugging, fist pumping folk will be happy.

What has Virgin Steele done music wise thats so innovative other than sucking?

Im sure you think Virgin Steele are far more stellar musicians than a band like Dream Theater too.

Mindless beer chuggers? Not only are you silly but ignorant too.

Can't say I'm surprised to see Pagan's Mind. I can, however, let out a heart felt ugh. Primal Fear, however, is a good edition to night 2, which is shaping up well.

secondly.. Threshold, Redemption, Pagan's Mind.. I really hope Symphony X isn't the band Glenn is working on. There's too many repeats this year as it is. I'd like to see some new blood.

Good choices, especially Pagan's Mind.

I am still hopeful for a band like Pain Of Salvation, After Forever (PLEEASE) or Iced Earth to be confirmed as the other headliner.

Is it possible to post samples of the bands music like you did in the beginning? That was cool and made it easier to hear the music.