ProgPower USA VIII: First Band confirmed

We are now all sold out of copies of Raintime. If ordered it and you have received an email confirmation for it most likely you were accounted for and should receive it (barring us screwing up in a big way!)

www.lasercd.com

Ken Golden

Musically I love em. Im not a fan of harsh vocals though so its not something I care to listen to any further.

Definately a good choice for the fest, they really cater to the criteria needed for it IMO. Should go over well for the majority. :headbang:

Now dont go saying I'm bitching folks, Im just not a fan of these types of vocals. Plain and simple.

lasercd said:
We are now all sold out of copies of Raintime. If ordered it and you have received an email confirmation for it most likely you were accounted for and should receive it (barring us screwing up in a big way!)

www.lasercd.com

Ken Golden
Damn that was fast, just goes to show how much respect people have for Glenn's choices, and for the bands handled by Claus. That is a win win combination in my opinion.:headbang: :headbang:

DrumRman said:
Musically I love em. Im not a fan of harsh vocals though so its not something I care to listen to any further.

Definately a good choice for the fest, they really cater to the criteria needed for it IMO. Should go over well for the majority. :headbang:

Now dont go saying I'm bitching folks, Im just not a fan of these types of vocals. Plain and simple.

Good post.

WOW...I feel like i just got kicked in the nuts!!!!! I love this band....this is truely a great choice Glenn

I'm a huge fan of mixing clean and harsh vocals (i.e. Mercenary and Into Eternity). Already purchased a copy of the first cd, can't wait til the next one comes out.

Well, before I even listened to the samples on the website, I went ahead and ordered the album and went to class. As soon as I came back, I checked out the samples posted, and my God, they are amazing. This is exactly the type of band that I think deserves a big break. I cannot wait to see them at ProgPower. Thanks Glenn!

They have 2 more songs on Myspace
this is a home run Glenn,bigtime home run
What a hell of a way to get the ball rolling
I'm not even going to speculate on the rest of the linup(ie,rumored reunions,bands that we speculate will have new CDs out that culd be here),but this is an awsome start

These sound samples are awesome!

Add Angel Dust to the mix of bands this band could be compared to... the raw and unbridled in your face force these sound samples spew in our faces remind me a bit of what Enlighten the Darkness by Angel Dust did for me...

Well....I was expecting some fruity prog rock but THIS is what I'm talking about. THIS is why we don't want repeats. THIS is appropriate music for a metal show. THIS doesn't sound like fucking Christian revival songs in a southern tent out in god's country. THIS isn't a troop of wanksters noodling endlessly without a point. 3 samples; 3 strong melodic songs. Excellent Glenn!

By the way, Pretty Maids would be a nice complement in the #3 slot on the same night as this band. If not this night, the NEXT night would also be perfect!

Very good pick Glenn. Good to see a band getting their chance to perform at a major fest with their current status.

I'm confident in your choice of bands for the line-up of 2007, a good mix of settled acts and bands like this. Actually this was the intention how PP got started back in '99.

Once in a while i find out that there are bands i like with not only clean vocals, this is one of 'm. :cool:

Henk