The Top 50 Discs of 2013

I was just looking for this too. Can't find it digitally either. Any idea if it's been released stateside? I swear I remember seeing it about a month back on Laser's Edge, but nothing but the first album now. I need that CD for sure.

Love the list, but my wallet is going to hate me. Going to have to save a lot of these purchases for PPXV's Vendor Room.

It's up on bandcamp. In my top 10, no doubt about it.

http://welkinrecords.bandcamp.com/

Yep totally missed Divided Multitude!! Thanks Glenn! And totally agree with you about Kingcrow, love those guys!! NYC was blast this year even if POS had the flu...
Also agree Thought Chamber and Caligula's Horse, amazing releases this year.
Don't forget Lalu...

Great list, Glenn. While there is a fair amount of overlap with my emerging 2013 list, there are definitely more than a few winners here that I have overlooked or simply didn't know about. So, my kids hate you for the debit to their inheritance!:lol:

A lot of these will be on my list. I have to say that Azazello really has me impressed and will be picking that one up for sure.

I must say as much as I wanted to hate Protest the Hero I embarrassingly like it. Sorta reminds me a bit of Coheed.

Two albums I was very surprised not to see here were the new releases by Hollow Haze and Helker. I agree on both the Trivium and Twilight of the Gods. Both are excellent albums.

I used to really like Trivium when they did Crusade and Shogun, but I really did NOT LIKE what I heard on the previous album and sort of wrote them off. After the sample in the main thread, I may give the new one a spin.

forgot all about Earshine as I was totally blown away by AtomA

Just grabbed this on I tunes and is a solid late in year contender for my top 5
looks like my top 2 are Extol and TesseracT

I just did a quick glance through and see that I already had a lot of what was on there. However, there were a couple that I will need to go back and check out. Always fun to grab those late season album buys.

Coming from a pretty big Royal Hunt and DC fan that has every album,that song was dreadful..... Brutal. Here is hoping that the rest of the album sounds completely different from that. :erk:

Don´t agree!! I liked it and I am also a huge fan!! To each its own I guess! Like we say in Spanish, in variety there is pleasure! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I knew Trivium on name only, never heard a note. Really cool stuff and is on deck for my next round of ordering. I read the previous albums have a bunch of screaming, so I might just settle for this new one unless I can buy individual tracks with a high percentage of clean vox.

Disperse really floored me too, though I guess they are far from unknown(just to me). With my newfound love of clean djent, this fits right in.

Based on the attached clip, I had no idea Volbeat got so freakin huge. I have Strength, Sound, Songs and thought it was a rather strange album without a lot of cohesiveness. Guess a new guitarist and producer can do wonders. Will definitely check this out, saw it at FYE.