There should be a Prog Power Texas

Music Town, Bizarre Bazaar, Sound Exchange, Diamondhead Records (or as I like to call them: Dickhead Records). Give me time and I will give you contact info. I know Music Town is on Myspace, you can do a search for them or try to find them on my friends list.

Thanks man, that would be awesome! Not sure if we're going to do that or not, so don't knock yourself out, kk? heehee

I think we better just go with tickets at the door, and maybe sell advance on our website, i just have a very uneasy feeling about taking tickets around town and then trying to back track and get the money.

We are moving along very well, things are getting done, sponsors are being talked to and most would love to do it.
Bands are excited and want to play, which gives us lots of surprises to spring on everyone when we announce the bands.
Thanks to everyone who have been so helpful and to those that have offered suggestions. We really appreciate it, and we do look at and talk about all suggestions(except Bryan's he got us in this mess to begin with) hehehehehe just kidding Bro thanks for everything.

See you guys later with some more updates.

J-Man

Can I suggest, that we could do Ticket Priority for those out-of-towners who definitely wanna secure a ticket ahead of time so they don't come to the door and NOT get in? I liked Tammy's idea of just taking PayPal payments and personally mailing tickets out. It should be relatively easy to set up a PayPal specifically for the website, and pre-sell the tickets just through the website, right? Can this be done? Who would volunteer the time to print all the envelopes and mail them once you guys get them from the venue?

AAARGH. FUCK you John, you already mentioned that in your post. Cheater!!!

I swear, sometimes, I am just so
carlos-mencia-tickets.jpg

DEE DEE DEEEEE!!!!

Just read this thread and to commment:

Ticketmaster takes 4-5% of your gross sales off the top. That has nothing to do with the service charge. Thus, they get money from both sides.

A promoter that accepts paypal for concert tickets is taking a risk. Yes, you can probably fly under the radar. However, you are still using a credit based system to accept cash directly from the buyer before the concert. That is against all major credit card company rules and they do pursue things like that when noticed. I found out the hard way back at PP II.

Ticketmaster takes 4-5% of your gross sales off the top. That has nothing to do with the service charge. Thus, they get money from both sides.

A promoter that accepts paypal for concert tickets is taking a risk. Yes, you can probably fly under the radar. However, you are still using a credit based system to accept cash directly from the buyer before the concert. That is against all major credit card company rules and they do pursue things like that when noticed. I found out the hard way back at PP II.

This is fascinating to me...why is that a problem. They've given me a credit card, I'm buying a product...I don't see the problem. Can you explain more (if you care to, if not, i understand).

Another good reason why I feel we should only sell tickets at the door. I really don't want to have to go before a Grand Jury or have a credit card company come looking for me. I firmly believe that since this is the first fest we are doing and are still small, selling tickets at the door is the only way to go, and this post by Glenn just made up my mind totally. Will this hurt tickets sales??? I don't know, but i don't want to take a chance with Ticketmaster or the credit card companies or with Texas Law.

Thanks for the heads up Glenn it is really appreciated.

Another good reason why I feel we should only sell tickets at the door. I really don't want to have to go before a Grand Jury or have a credit card company come looking for me. I firmly believe that since this is the first fest we are doing and are still small, selling tickets at the door is the only way to go, and this post by Glenn just made up my mind totally. Will this hurt tickets sales??? I don't know, but i don't want to take a chance with Ticketmaster or the credit card companies or with Texas Law.

Thanks for the heads up Glenn it is really appreciated.

I completely understand your hesitation, but that makes me slightly nervous about driving 12 hours to the fest and not getting in. :zombie: Perhaps out-of-towners could provide a name and phone number for a list so that you could reserve the tickets until, say, an hour before the fest or something? Guests could call and tell you if something has gone wrong and they won't need the ticket, or if there was a traffic jam and are running late. No money needs to be exchanged.

I completely understand your hesitation, but that makes me slightly nervous about driving 12 hours to the fest and not getting in. :zombie: Perhaps out-of-towners could provide a name and phone number for a list so that you could reserve the tickets until, say, an hour before the fest or something? Guests could call and tell you if something has gone wrong and they won't need the ticket, or if there was a traffic jam and are running late. No money needs to be exchanged.

Don't worry we will work something out I promise you that. We don not want our friends and out of towners to get there and there not be tickets that would suck not only from your side but from mine also. I agree with what Bryan says, and maybe we can do something like that. Glenn any ideas on how to handle this, especially if we don't use Ticketmaster or paypal.

Okay.

Hmm... how about a Guest List? Like, the out-of-towners reserve their tickets, we hold them, and they pay cash at the door like a Will Call Window deal? If they don't show up, drop their ticket back at the door for door sales?

Exactly what I was going to propose. We would have to set up a designated time slot for pick-up so that we are not holding tickets until the last band plays and nobody shows.:rolleyes: Like a two hour time slot about an hour or two before the doors open.

We could also give tickets to bands to sell instead of going through PayPal, if we want to sell advance tickets. John and Tammy e-mail me if this sounds plausible, I got more details on this idear...

I agree with you totally TX. that is the best way to do it, this ticket thingy is causing me allot of problems that i don't think there should be, so hopefully we can come up with a plan.

Cool, the suggestions are great! Thanks for the heads up, Glenn! Yes, we'll certainly give tickets to the bands for presales, no question about that. It's the out-of-towners that I'm worried about. Actually, I'm NOT worried because we WILL DEFINATELY have a system in place to ensure that our out-of-town friends will be able to attend without the stress of not getting in. That'd just be plain silly :p

I really like the idea of the list at the door. REALLY like it!

wow,I ignored this thread for I thought this was just another one of those "wish we had a metal fest in my neck of the woods" threads
Me now interested
when is this happening?(I can be in Houston almost anytime due to the fact we have 2 plants there)

As Tammy said, and it is almost set in stone, July 13 and 14, and this is going to be a pretty awesome show if i do say so myself. There will be some surprises when the line-up is announced that we hope will make people want to be there. With that said, I hope to see allot of you people there, and at ProgPowerVIII.

When do you think that announcements will happen?

We are hoping right after the first of the year. We still have some details to take care of ie. secure the venue, confirm two more bands, and decide on how to sell tickets. Plus decide on where to host the website, and get all the bands infor and songs to post. And fianlly finalize some more sponsors. Allot to do, but we have a grest team in place and so it will happen.