Cheers and Jeers IX

We ate at Checkers one night, too. The food is REALLY good. Cheers to that.

However: Jeers to their Chilli burger, not because it tastes bad - it doesn't, it's delicious! But because it causes the gas and the poop. I got up at least four times in the middle of the night thanks to that damn burger. :ill:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

haha well Im PatrickHoyt and Hoyt (Rider of Theli / Hoyt-Intromental) is my dad. I think a lot of people get him and myself confused just because I have it in my name.

The story for those interested.

Great Grandfather - William Hoyt Parris
Grandfather - Hoyt Jesse Parris
Father - Hoyt Gregory Parris
Me - Patrick Hoyt Parris

Wow, I did not realize 'Rider of Theli', whom I did finally get to meet as well was your father.

Just one thing that people dont seem to know about Checkers over on 10th is open late!!! We went there after the shows on Wednesday at least after 2:30 AM and it was the BOMB!!!

Also I think there is a Thai Food place open later as well as a Domino's Pizza.

:headbang:

Bear

It is opened 24 hours on Friday and Saturday and till 5 am the other days.

Problem is that it is still a bit of hike if you just want to ditch out of the show during a break, grab something to eat and come back. However, it is friggan nice to grab something to eat after the show. And yes, I do like the burgers there myself.

TMI! :puke:

I know, I know, guys don't want to admit that women fart and poop. But yanno...WE DO! All the time. ZOMG WOMEN HAVE GROSS BODILY FUNCTIONS!!! ;)

Hey, it's the gas we pass. Also, everybody poops.

poop.gif

The%20Gas%20We%20Pass.jpg

:cool:

Forgot to say:

Cheers to tricking 3 people to believe that Allen the photographer was actually Andi Deris. "Huge" Power Metal fans asking for pictures of the wrong guy or saying how much of fans they are. Including Bear. :lol:

Don't even try to deny it - you might have been suspicious - but you totally fell for it. :p

For one second!!!! i was noway I saw that dude before.....You did it good though...Got one coming :p:p:p:p:p:p

Bear

Women don't fart... they have "happy accidents". :)

:lol:

We ate at Checkers one night, too. The food is REALLY good. Cheers to that.

However: Jeers to their Chilli burger, not because it tastes bad - it doesn't, it's delicious! But because it causes the gas and the poop. I got up at least four times in the middle of the night thanks to that damn burger. :ill:

Awright!
WHO brought that guy from Elvenking to Checkers?! 'Fess up! :lol:

CHEERS -

Paul "Pellaz" Cashman - for being one of my best friends and for getting me interested in ProgPower these many years ago. Paul would give a friend his last dollar if he thought it would help them out.

Well, sure......just as long as there's an ATM close by. :heh:

"Con crud," or, in this case, "festival crud."

Aww, man. You got it, too?

Hardly any restaurants with later hours within walking distance.

True.

I'll add a CHEER here for the folks at Steak'n'Shake at I-75 and Northside Dr./W Paces Ferry Rd, who took good care of us on Friday and Saturday nights. As for the metal invasion (including Elvenking) that followed us.....err, well. "Great to see y'all here!....after OUR food orders have already been put in!" :lol:

Women don't fart... they have "happy accidents". :)

LOL - so true! Like this morning when I had a coughing fit (yes, still fighting the post-PP sickness) and I was playing all sorts of "tunes" - ha ha.

Thank goodness my daughter was already off to school or else I would have never heard the end of it!

Isn't this an REM song??

Oh sorry I'm Mistaken, that's Everybody Poops...

Sometimes...

:lol: cute. :D

I didn't know apples pooped.

According to that illustration on the cover, apparently they do. Or maybe they make the poo happen.

I actually have that book! Believe it or not!

Why does this not suprise me? :lol:

Women don't fart... they have "happy accidents".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Be glad the show wasn't in a state where smoking in any public building is illegal. And be glad that GA hasn't gone that route yet, though I personally hope they do soon since I'm allergic to tobacco.

Yep, I'm glad GA hasn't gone that route yet -- and I've been to CA and NY bars where they have -- but until GA does go that route, we have the right to smoke in the designated smoking areas. Not to be a smartass, Yip....

Yep, I'm glad GA hasn't gone that route yet -- and I've been to CA and NY bars where they have -- but until GA does go that route, we have the right to smoke in the designated smoking areas. Not to be a smartass, Yip....

One of the best laws that California ever passed!!! Freaking Smokers :p:p:p:p:p:p

Bear

Obviously cheers go out to everyone involved with the show.
Cheers also to Jon Oliva himself, because he's just such a great guy and a hell of a performer.
Cheers to Rob Rock and his insanely awesome guitarist. Dude was flawless. Awesome.
Cheers to a less smoky place to enjoy the show.
Cheers to Glenn and Brett for making it possible for Jon Drenning to come out and check out the fest (and survey the damage left in the wake of Hurricane Midnight, I suppose)

HUGE MASSIVE JEERS to a certain co-headlining guitarist for telling another musician present that the other musician's former singer would "...be dead soon anyway but it's all good because I've already gotten him to let me record all of his personal material, like four albums' worth."
Cold-hearted, unprofessional, rude, insulting, shocking.

Well Georgia has... but like other places its still allowed in places that are primarily 21+ bars. I don't know if the Vinyl is that or not. However, I will say that at PP V I couldn't walk into the Vinyl because the smoke was that bad. I just couldn't stay in there for long at all. This year I barely noticed it except when entering and leaving as the smoke from the bar area lingered.

Aaai I keep seeing this thread so I might as well write something :)

Cheers:
-NO SMOKING INSIDE! THANK YOU whoever enforced it this time! Last year I had asthma for a month after ppxiii!
-Spheric Universe Experience <3
-ELVENKING --am I the only one who thought the violinist was hot? :zipit:
-Jon Oliva's Pain --and his priceless facial expressions. My camera loves him.
-ZAK STEVENS for giving the BEST one way conversations in the world! Next time i'm bringing my voice recorder.
-Having the chance to flick off ex-boyfriends :D
-AMAZING LIGHTING! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN :D It makes my life so easy.
-Actually finding someone in the crowd to talk to about stuff that isn't music (ie science/religion/politics/philosophy). Turns out he was apart of the staff, but it was still refreshing. lol. I forgot his name! I MUST FIND YOU, SIR!

Jeers:
-Midnight. Wait, shouldn't that be a cheer? It was a good laugh :-\
-Expensive hotels. Eh.. Oh, and construction.
-Progpower sickness! I'm still getting over it. phlem...
-Dirty floors after the concert ended. I'm ocd :( Need more trash cans!
-Tiny tiny tiny photo pit this year. I almost broke my ankle twice >_< and now I can recognize people by their smell.
-The person in the lady's bathroom lighting incense the entire time. That didn't help with the progpower sickness >_<

There is so much more of each but that's all I have time for :O