Cheers and Jeers IX

Oh my god, it was the most wretched thing ever. He then explained to me, how he likes to fart into a water bottle, screw the cap on, and then release the air in someone's face unexpectedly. He then farted into his hand, and shoved it into the face of Elyghen, who was dozing off in the front seat on the way back to the hotel. NASTY.

He is my new favorite person ever!

Oh my god, it was the most wretched thing ever. He then explained to me, how he likes to fart into a water bottle, screw the cap on, and then release the air in someone's face unexpectedly. He then farted into his hand, and shoved it into the face of Elyghen, who was dozing off in the front seat on the way back to the hotel. NASTY.

Gives new meaning to the quote: I fart in your general direction.

You sure he's Italian and not Monty Python French?

Wait what? How do you know this? Did they tell you? It wasn't on their setlist, and it was the one I had special requested... If they MEANT to play it, then I need to send them a thanks for trying.

This is second hand information from what my friends Jessie and Justin told me from when they were talking to Elvenking. So I didn't hear them say this directly. I wanted to hear that song too...it's amazing.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm experiencing. I thought it was just a hoarse voice, but neigh, it seems to be a bit of a bug. General exhaustion/headache/some congestion.....

Anyone else come home with this?

Yup. I came down with it late Saturday night, and it hit me full force on Sunday. I figure I got it from my friend, who was sick as a dog when she arrived, and whom I was in close-contact with (yelling into each other's ear to be heard) but now I'm wondering if I would have gotten sick anyway.

Feeling better now, at least. I still feel like crud, but not nearly as much as I did this morning. You know those Sudafed commercials some years back, where people's heads turned into balloons and floated away? Yeah, that was me yesterday and today.

Jeers to the ProgPower Plague!

Cheers:

Meeting quite a few decent folk and talking old school metal. I even ran into a board member (Angra Rules).

Talking with Jon Oliva about O to G (my favourite song off the new album).

Running into 2 members of Circle II Circle at the hotel while wearing my CIIC shirt :lol:

Finding TKO, Touch and War Babies cds.

Jeers:

- Hearing someone loudly complain about a "Scandinavian faggot" at the hotel. The guy was probably drunk and I freely admit not knowing the context in which it was yelled.

- Hearing a Fat Albert "hey, hey hey" repeated ad nauseum for the better part of Iced Earth's sound check.

- Wishing Rob Rock's song craft equalled his obvious talent as a singer.

- Smelling the dopers smoking their drugs.

- Chaos in the Vendors area. People who weren't buying anything but just wanted to chat in front of the goods for sale.

- Midnight's piss boring set.

- Lousy sound for Amorphis and most of Helloween.

- Elvenking worship :p Nah they were ok.

Believe me Delicate Flower, it wasn't from not trying. I checked with all suppliers... no one had any. At least it looks like the band had some. :headbang:

Jeers-
grrr for not being able to find ANYTHING on elvenking after their set…and when I did, i already owned it……..and exploding neds who sponsored them and didn’t have any shirts (I am looking for a long sleeved one)

Thank you LunaTEKKE :headbang:

I *knew* I was forgetting an important one...CHEERS to the vendor (I think it was Exploding Ned) who put typed labels with the artist names on each CD. Otherwise, the lighting in the room sometimes made it difficult to read the type on the CD spines...I probably missed some good stuff at other tables.

MetalRose said:
- Amorphis for not hanging out on Saturday- that was a bummer. (Disclaimer: I know it’s not required, but it’s always appreciated and enjoyed and it won’t skew my image of them at all. And it’s not a huge jeer.)
Eh, I know you said it's not a huge jeer. But they had a show in Charlotte on Saturday night so I'm sure they just hauled ass over there.

In addition, they played Sunday night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA as well, so like you said, they probably had to pack up and bowl out of there. Friggan Jeer to myself for being to damned tired, and having to go to work the next day to even bother making the 45 minute drive up there and going to this. Turned out one of my co-workers was there! Go figure!

Also- I know there is a live feed out in the lobby.... so if people are really there to see a band... shop later, socialize later, and get autographs later - or earlier.

But the point is, if you run out to The Vinyl or back to the hotel for some reason, you can't see the live feed. You return to see your band, and find out that they started 15 minutes early and you missed a third of their set.

- Being too shy to approach several people I thought I had recognized from the boards and last year. :erk:

ha... funny you mention this, because this is exactly the reason I haven't met you and several others yet. People seem to think I'm a very outgoing dude just because I know so many people, but the truth is that if I haven't had enough to drink (or sometimes even if I have), I'm a total wallflower.

Me = a great big pussy. There! Now everyone knows. :lol::lol:

Cheers: Driving there without getting into an accident and made decent time.
The Announcement and Glenn proving once again that he is the man!!!
Jon Oliva's Pain. Had a killer set and going all over the board with the songs that he was playing. From Savatage to his band as well.
Staying in the Granada for the first time. Very nice hotel and many of our friends were staying there as well.

Jeers:
Making Jon Oliva get off stage so they can set up the special drum scene for Iced Earth. Therefore taking them an hour and a half for them to get on stage. I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say that, it was just something that was there.