Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

Cheers.
1. MERCENARY---There is nothing bad i can say about these guys. They performed the best show at any PP yet. Also the nicest guys i've ever met. Always willing to talk to me and other fans(at the hotel and while walking around PP). I enjoyed this band more than any other before. Please bring them back.
2. Glenn---Thanks man, I enjoyed myself soooo much this year. Also my friend who's first PP this year said this was one of the best experiences of his life.
3. Pre Party---WoW, what a great selection of bands......
4. Stage diving during Mercenary---Glenn--you're the man

Jeers
1. Lack of band merch (I would have bought 10 Mercenary shirts if they had them)
2. 8 dollars for a burger????
3. Jens reading the lyrics---still enjoyed SC, but I don't see how he couldn't remember a single album worth of lyrics
4. Zero Hour---I was really looking forward to seeing them. I was also going to see them at JAXX, but not anymore....very poor performance.

Cheers:
glenn for being as totally awesome has he is
scott for welcoming me to the family
awesome crew family, i miss you already
vip bar with alcohol left at the end of saturday's set
finally catching part of circus maximus' set
watching claus drool over the strippers at cheetah's
meeting awesome people, finally
seeing corset night take off so well.

jeers:
not able to party on friday night
having to leave the pre-pre-party before glenn's performance
missing glenn's stage-dive
having to check out of the hotel at 12.
having the hotel ditch my suite without telling me.

Cheers:

1. Glenn, Shane, and all the crew, who work their tails off for us all. \m/
2. Mercenary for an incredibly powerful show and for being cool guys. "Well, Paul, were we worth it?" "Sheeeit. Every fuckin' penny!"
3. The Stage Dive Heard 'Round the World!
4. All of y'all who I saw again -- way too many to list, but it's always cool to see the people I won't see again for another damned year...but particularly the folks I met for the first time: MtnDewQueen, Palabra de Dios, Dcowboys311, Dusro2, MichaelTEOF, Cristen, Yippee38, Dolamite, TheWhisper, Kaosaur, Yngvie X, Tammy/ShokroK, Noah, metalprof, Rick Pierpont, more that I'm editing in :) , and a special hell yeah to Pyramaze51. :headbang:
5. All the bands, of course! But particularly Epica and Freak Kitchen for bringing the house down, probably the two biggest surprises of the year.
6. Residence Inn staff. It was a near-perfect stay despite being switched from a 2-BR suite to two adjacent rooms....hell, it worked out better.
7. Stair tapers. Awesome job!

Jeers:
1. Those lights! Aieeee! I didn't realize until Saturday evening how annoying they could be. I wouldn't mind if they were always moving, or moving around more, but sometimes they'd just stop and burn into your brain for 30 seconds. :err:
2. Lack of 'walkable' 24-hour places near the hotels this year (and next year, since Chinese Buddha is moving to a location 4 more blocks south). Maybe I'll throw a "get post-show food HERE" room-party next year. Nahhh, no-one has enough cash for that! :erk:
3. Myself, for not organizing the PPUSA Forum nametags with enough time in advance to announce some sort of organized way to get them. Some folks saw me and got 'em, but a lot of folks couldn't. The good news is that I have leftovers for next year. :heh:

Cheers:
1. The Grenada Porch People- we know who we are...
2. Glenn and the fantastic job he did. Every band member we talked to said it was the most well run festival they have ever played at.
3. Glenn's stage dive (did you think he looked like a chicken clucking around on stage beforehand? HAHA)
4. All the band members for being so approachable~Some more than others
5. All my new and old friends- right Muffin Cups & BGT?
6. Viking Waffle Making 101 class at the Granada.
7. Having Pyramaze personally thank me and "my husband who shall be nameless" on stage.
8. Free hotel happy hours. I think we drank them dry...

Jeers:
1. Front desk people who give you directions. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.
2. Being drunk and missing Circle II Circle.
3. Drunk men who think they have the right to grab you when you walk by because you have boobs.
4. Matt Crooks and his smelly farts- thanks for letting me blame someone else.
5. Organized dressing. 'Nuff said.
6. Toke's "holy" leather pants. Metal Seamstress to the rescue!
7. My slippery camera. RIP

Cheers: The entire weekend rocked! Thanks Glenn for making my only vacation each year a very special occaision.

Jeers: Two assholes during the Jorn set who felt they had the right to talk the whole time. The blonde guy with the dark rock star glasses (who the fuck did you think you were fooling asshole--I am positive your talent in no way matches your choice of eyewear at a rock concert) and the guy with the quote from Jefferson on his shirt yelled in each other's ear the entire time Jorn was onstage. Of course, this obtrusion ruins the set. And no, I was not going to move because I had the perfect spot for photography and this was my one chance to take some decent pictures during the entire show.The blonde guy, who was chattering like a 70 year old woman and elbowing me in the ribs every two seconde had the audacity to ask me to move left and give him some room. He was VERY lucky I am not a violent man. If they try the same thing at the next show with someone else, maybe they will not be so lucky. One can only hope.

Oh and by the way, they are CIRCUS MAXIMUS not Circus CLOWN. The only CLOWNS present that night were YOU TWO.

And if you are reading this post...yeah this is the bald guy standing to the left. Make sure you do not stand next to me at PP8.

Finally--at least one of you had a VIP pass. Big fucking deal, whatever you did to get one does NOT mean you can act like fucking assholes at the show. Maybe you even know Glenn personally. I hope you DO know Glenn--he can have a conversation with you about rock show etiquette.

Well cheers gotta go out to Glenn, Shane (hope you made it home brother - and next year, fly out Monday lol), then entire crew - from the stage techs to the people selling t-shirts etc. A mighty HAIL! to all of you.
Cheers to the people I re-met or met for the first time - I'm trying to come outta my shell socially - but being bad with names prolly doesnt help so HAIL! to all of you that I remember from last year and the people I finally met from this year (the picture thread thing helped a bit there).
Cheers to Donna - for introducing me to the festival and hanging out (or putting up with us) :)
Cheers to the Residence Inn staff - they were always friendly and were probably downright amused by some of our antics but were totally understanding of our excitement at being at PP again :)
Cheers to the bands - excellent job by all - I didnt do any of the signing things but did stop to chat with various artists as we meandered into each other. CLass acts - all taht I met - and I hope you guys had as much fun playing and hanging out as we did watching and hanging out.
Cheers to the Stairway to Hell crew - I only saw a couple of stumbles - no real biffs on the stairs this year - job well done.
Cheers to all the attendees - it's takes a perfect mix of promoter who is actually a fan of the music, great bands and really cool people to make this thing the special event it has become - HAIL!

Jeers -
Would have been nice to have more merchandise to buy - but hey, would have just made my bags even heavier going back - and so now I'll go to the webistes & order some of the stuff and let the mailman worry about his back for a change :)

Mr Pizza Guy - you tried to blueball us on the pizza - we even left Evergrey a little bit before the end just to get a head start and after all the calling & talking on cell phones (I think the guy who actuall had our pizza may become a close friend i talked to him so much) - but alas, we were directed to call one Pizza guy and they eventually told us they dont deliver to the Res Inn. But - eventually 345am - a new Mr Pizza Guy came thru for us - HAIL!

Hampton Inn - for being affected by the road widening (not their fault I know) - resulting in us not only not having an outdoor pool to recover in each day, but also - they got us pretty good on the price and the airport security took our KY Jelly - so it really hurt LOL

Wow - I really gotta stretch to find anything to bitch about - just shows what a great event this is every year - see y'alll in a year (unless anyone's coming to Colorado for any reason - contact me - I have room).

Next year - must remember the Hawaiiian shirt - how cool would it be for a band to walk out on stage and see a full house of people headbanging to their tunes all wearing hawaiian shirts? - Of course, it might make it harder to find Glenn taht way :)

:headbang:
jeff

High Speed Kurt said:
Heh I was right behind those 80's guys...I accidentally hit the blonde sunglass guy in the head while rocking out, he acted like I ruined his hair.

Maybe you were not as bothered by them talking as I was...they were shouting directly at me during the entire set. Oh and another thing...they had a friend behind me shooting pictures with a brand new Canon S2 IS camera--capable of taking 1 hour of video. Hope they catch him next time.

Cheers
1. Glenn... while the quality of the line-up will always be subjective, the quality of the festival never will be. Thank you.
2. The crowd. Hard to find a cooler group of 1,200 people.
3. Stars. I loved that song back in the day, and what we saw Saturday night was the closest thing we'll ever see to having it recreated live. Technical difficulties aside, it ruled!

Jeers
1. Disturbed's management for rescheduling Disturbed's european tour during ProgPower weekend.

Zod

cheers-

.progpower for existing :)
.tore on the front porch/wearing leather on stage o_O
.seeing old (chicken killer i love you!) and meeting new friends
.getting the limited edition evergrey shirt
.meeting jorn (very nice guy)

jeers-

.getting ‘picked-up’ near the mens room-EWWW
.those jerks who would stand right in front of me during the shows
.the slanted floor in our room at the granada...my equilibrium was off all weekend
.the only vending machine in the granada with sprite and it was out of order
.never tripping on the stairs until this year...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...(tape needs to be put on the corners too) (thank you for the tape, it did help)
.waiting a whole year for another one :erk:

i am sure there are more, but, i have a cold and can't remember stuff at the moment...

Kellsco's Cheers:

Glenn. Thank you! :worship:notworthy

*Redemption
Redemption Redemption*
Beg.gif

Shane. Thank you! :worship:

To seeing all my favorite people in the world, my friends that I love so very much and the new people I met this year.
HUG.gif

To all the bands. You rock! :headbang:

To the crew that taped the stairs. I love you!
Love.gif

To Amber & IceQueen for all the hard work on the BB picture poster. It was awesome!!!
Grin.gif

Making my connecting flight at DFW 1.5 minutes before they shut the door.
speedbanana.gif

Getting my lost luggage back at 3:30 this morning.
sleep.gif

Kellsco's Jeers:

Lack of merchandise.
banana5.gif

Getting home four hours late because DFW was shut down due to weather. o_O

My luggage not making my connecting flight.
grim.gif

Here's to another GREAT year and looking forward to the next!!!:kickass:

Cheers :headbang:
1. Glen - I always give you the first and foremost THANK YOU!!! :worship:
2. Shane - Awesome pre-party, keep up the great work
3. The Crew - you make the performances possible
4. The Bands - great shows from everyone involved
5. The vendors (especially Laser's Edge) - Thanks for letting me stock up on merchandise
6. Evergrey and Mercenary - returning to PP after I had time to learn their songs better
7. Freak Kitchen - Putting on a great show and forcing every band after you to try even harder
8. Simone Simons - The best circle headbanging I've ever seen and not becuase she looks good doing it
9. Epica - playing Crystal Mountain, I never thought I would hear a Death cover at PP. Also a great show overall, thanks for making me a fan. Can't wait to see them with Kamelot in Detroit on Sept 29th
10. Courtyard by Marriott - for putting up with us metalheads at all times of the day/night this weekend.
11. Two marriage proposals and acceptances during one setlist - I should nominate that for the Guiness Book :kickass:

Jeers :mad:
1. Having to come back to reality
2. No Coors Light
3. No Maria
4. The Vendors - for taking tons of my money...just kidding it was well spent
5. The drive home
6. Another year til we get to do this again :cry:

Greykiller said:
Cheers: The entire weekend rocked! Thanks Glenn for making my only vacation each year a very special occaision.

Jeers: Two assholes during the Jorn set who felt they had the right to talk the whole time. The blonde guy with the dark rock star glasses (who the fuck did you think you were fooling asshole--I am positive your talent in no way matches your choice of eyewear at a rock concert) and the guy with the quote from Jefferson on his shirt yelled in each other's ear the entire time Jorn was onstage. Of course, this obtrusion ruins the set. And no, I was not going to move because I had the perfect spot for photography and this was my one chance to take some decent pictures during the entire show.The blonde guy, who was chattering like a 70 year old woman and elbowing me in the ribs every two seconde had the audacity to ask me to move left and give him some room. He was VERY lucky I am not a violent man. If they try the same thing at the next show with someone else, maybe they will not be so lucky. One can only hope.

Oh and by the way, they are CIRCUS MAXIMUS not Circus CLOWN. The only CLOWNS present that night were YOU TWO.

And if you are reading this post...yeah this is the bald guy standing to the left. Make sure you do not stand next to me at PP8.

Finally--at least one of you had a VIP pass. Big fucking deal, whatever you did to get one does NOT mean you can act like fucking assholes at the show. Maybe you even know Glenn personally. I hope you DO know Glenn--he can have a conversation with you about rock show etiquette.

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!

We were in front of 'em laughin' our asses off at their IQs of 2 ~ combined... If Jorn was so bad, I didn't see those two boys - I stress boys - moving to the exits... instead they pushed their way closer... Those two wouldn't know a power chord if it slapped 'em in the face like a dead wet fish...

And yep they may read this and get their panties in a bunch.... Just a few parting words for ya.... Peroxide say what????

Cheers
Glenn - another great show, keep them coming - now get some much needed rest.
The Crew - as always, an awesome job
The Bands - for giving 120% and kicking our asses. Great show guys.
The crowd - awesome bunch of people, can't wait to see you next year.

Jeers
Not having enough time to hang out with all my friends - the weekend goes so fast.
Cab drivers who don't have a clue where they are let alone where they are going.
Being bumped to the 11th street Residence
Having to walk 6 blocks when the cab didn't show.
Hangovers
Lack of sleep
Waiting until Jan/Feb to find out who's playing next year.
Being at work today - what was I thinking

Again Glenn and Crew thank you. Great job.

Cheers:
Finding new bands to love
Meeting new people
Connecting with old friends
Sleeping in
No smoking in the venue - bless you Glenn

Jeers:
The Atlanta Food Service Industry sucks -except for the sushi place downtown
Men who can't keep their hands to themselves. The theory is look, don't touch ;)

All in all, it was a great first PP for me. I'm sure we'll be back next year!