falconer for a future prog power?

They have become one of my fav power bands recently. Personally, the ST is their best but Chapters from a Vale Forlorn and Northwind are solid pickups as well.

chapters from a vale forlorn was probably my fav, almost every single song on that cd was super catchy and awesome

i think its settled then!

so glen, next year, you have a band to add to your list of bands to check out for prog power.

one can only hope

ill be sure next year around pp time to pull some support back out for falconer.

Man....I have "Chapters" and "Scepter" and just didn't like them at all when I got them. Then....after reading this again I broke them out to give them another try, and I still don't dig it. It's not as bad as I remembered, but I can't get into it. Oh well.

Man....I have "Chapters" and "Scepter" and just didn't like them at all when I got them. Then....after reading this again I broke them out to give them another try, and I still don't dig it. It's not as bad as I remembered, but I can't get into it. Oh well.

sucks for you

Saw 'em at BWBK I and enjoyed them. In fact, got drunk w/'em at the hotel after the show:) Anyway, Chris was a real nice guy but I didn't dig him on vox nearly as much as Mathias. Either Chapters (my fave), or S/T are the ones to get. Vox weren't bad on Sceptre or Grime, but the music was barely mediocre. I cannot comment on the latest as I haven't heard it yet. I remember the guys saying at the time they didn't care for Mathias as he's not a metal fan and had no desire for doing metal. They knew him and were in need of a singer hence he agreed to sing on the albums for them. I don't know what brought him back around this time but it's obvious that C. Gobel wasn't working out.

Stefan mentioned (in an interview, I believe) that he realized Mathias's voice was the only one that fit with the Falconer "sound" that he was going for. In short, he felt Mathias was the only one who could sing Falconer.

Kris wanted to go heavier, and Stefan wanted to go back to the Falconer sound.

And by the way, they have a Myspace. ;) www.myspace.com/falconermusic

Count me in as another big fan of this band. I find all three of their first albums great, I agree with most comments about Grime VS Grandeur, and have not heard Northwind.

However, I think that I would be in heaven to hear Mattias Blad sing, as his voice is only topped by few (Roy Khan, among others), in the effortlessly smooth vocals category. It would be great just to hear the man SING. I would definitely go crazy if this band were ever announced for a future PP.

Count me in as another big fan of this band. I find all three of their first albums great, I agree with most comments about Grime VS Grandeur, and have not heard Northwind.

I would HIGHLY reccommend that you buy Northwind. It's a fantastic album. I can't say it's better or worse than the other albums with Blad. It's just awesome. Very well-written, well-played, and well-sung. You can't really expect less from Falconer, after all. :)

Do you like this band a little bit?

That said, I'm all for Falconer playing a future ProgPower as well. Especially if they play, "For Life And Liberty."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I would start with Chapters from a Vale Forlorn, especially since it has the best song they've ever written, "The Clarion Call" on it.

Since you said this, I went and looked up Falconer on their myspace. "The Clarion Call" played first, and guess which song has driven me crazy with unforgettable awesomeness since then?
:worship: I must order this CD and see them live so that I can sing along!