...for you crazy black metallers...Immortal North American Tour

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
IMMORTAL - NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES REVEALED!
Date Posted: 2009-12-22 17:32:55
IMMORTAL - NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES REVEALED!

Abbath, Horgh, Apollyon and Demonaz of the Norwegian black metal band IMMORTAL have issued the following statement:

"North American hordes, we are coming your way! After the fantastic experiences we had in New York and Los Angeles in 2007, we are returning next year, and this time we will make sure we visit our Canadian hordes on the East coast as well! We will see you during Easter 2010, which will be a dark and cold one!”
Confirmed tour dates for Blashyrkh in North America 2010 are:
March 27, 2010: The Opera House - Toronto, ON – CANADA
March 28, 2010: Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA
March 30, 2010: Masonic Temple - Brooklyn, NY
April 02, 2010: The Avalon - Hollywood, CA
VIP Meet & Greet tickets are/will soon be made available for purchase here:
Toronto @ Ticketmaster.ca
Montreal @ Ticketpro.ca
Brooklyn @ Ticketweb.com
Los Angeles @ LiveNation.com
The VIP Meet & Greet tickers will be limited to 75 at each show and will include a laminate pass, early entrance to the venue, a limited print poster, and a signing session with the members of IMMORTAL following their performance. The VIP tickets for the Brooklyn, New York show will include an additional Meet & Greet with the band after their sound check.

~Brian~

I have reason to believe that these are the only dates they are going to do. I can hardly call this a tour. I hope New York and LA enjoy getting another show that no one else does. Also, good for Canada.

yeah...they seem to be one of those bands...the other being Emperor who just play select tour dates....aka a few cities. Not a fan but they were great live when I saw them on the very very very very very very short lived Metal Gods tour with Halford / Testament / Immortal / Primal Fear / Behemoth and two other not very goods bands.

I have reason to believe that these are the only dates they are going to do. I can hardly call this a tour. I hope New York and LA enjoy getting another show that no one else does. Also, good for Canada.

The reason is that their guarantee is near ridiculous. The last show Immortal did in NYC, their guarantee was reportedly $70,000! Do you know if Hoyt, Swordlord, Glenn, or any other metal promoter that would be willing, outside of NYC and LA, to fork over $70K?

I feel like the organizers of New England Metal/Hardcore Fest would try to get Immortal for this year's show, although with that kind of price tag, it may not have gone further than the initial query.

The reason is that their guarantee is near ridiculous. The last show Immortal did in NYC, their guarantee was reportedly $70,000! Do you know if Hoyt, Swordlord, Glenn, or any other metal promoter that would be willing, outside of NYC and LA, to fork over $70K?

You cannot be serious! Not doubting that this is false, but that kinda sounds wayyyyy off the charts. I mean I know last time I heard money talks about Kamelot it was in the $8-12k range, and that's Kamelot. Couldn't imagine a band with a video like "Call of the Wintermoon" asking $70K for a show. Soooo I would be VERY interested to see if this information is true!

You cannot be serious! Not doubting that this is false, but that kinda sounds wayyyyy off the charts. I mean I know last time I heard money talks about Kamelot it was in the $8-12k range, and that's Kamelot. Couldn't imagine a band with a video like "Call of the Wintermoon" asking $70K for a show. Soooo I would be VERY interested to see if this information is true!

It may be a little off charts, but I think you probably have to re-evaluate your perception of a band "with a video like Call of the Wintermoon" such as Immortal and Emperor. To give you a slight idea, last time they played in NYC, tickets for the shows were if I'm not wrong $75 for Immortal and $90 for Emperor. You heard that right. And if I'm not wrong, both bands sold out the show (in fact, Emperor added an extra night, not sure if Immortal did the same). BB King's is not a tiny little venue either, it holds about a thousand people.

Pretty impressive for "a band with a video like Call of the Wintermoon", huh?

Plus, how can you compare Kamelot to Immortal? I'm sorry my friend, but if you think Kamelot is a bigger band than say Immortal or Emperor, you are SLIGHTLY mistaken. ;)

Stingray, just so that you know, I'm not trying to be a smartass to you. With that said, I'm with Camden. I'm honestly not buying, no pun intended, that Immortal gets paid $70K to play shows over here. Where did you hear this from?

~Brian~

it wouldnt shock me. Bathory was offered double to triple that by many European fest to play. As crazy as it sounds it may be true....I did hear that thier guarantee was a crazy amount.

Stingray, just so that you know, I'm not trying to be a smartass to you. With that said, I'm with Camden. I'm honestly not buying, no pun intended, that Immortal gets paid $70K to play shows over here. Where did you hear this from?
I heard the same thing. Keep in mind, there are bands that are not afraid to take a "pay me or I'm not coming to the U.S." attitude. Also keep in mind, Immortal headlined Wacken in front of 65,000 in 2007 and are one of the headliners again this year, along with Iron Maiden.

Zod

I understand select dates but why no Chicago? They're the third largest market and I would think they could do a show. Pisses me off. Primal Fear did the same damn thing.

As much as I'd love to have him, I'm too scared to even ask what Ihsahn wants for a solo show.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. From what I've heard, Ihsahn doesn't even liking touring/playing gigs that much, so I can imagine it being an ugly number. Would be AWESOME to have him at the fest one year, though!

Also keep in mind, Immortal headlined Wacken in front of 65,000 in 2007 and are one of the headliners again this year, along with Iron Maiden.

Zod

This is true but at the same time the New York show was at BB Kings which according to their website holds 1000 people standing room only. The last time Iron Maiden played NYC they sold out Madison Square Garden so you're talking about 15,000 plus people.

That's a huge difference.

So if it costs a promoter $70,000 to bring Immortal to NYC and have them play at a 1000 people capacity venue, charge $70 a ticket and still make money then how much does it cost to bring a band like Iron Maiden to NYC if they play to a crowd 15 times the size of Immortal's?

It just seems hard to believe that they would charge that much. I saw them open for Manowar in front of 100 people in Aurora, IL. But this was almost 8 yrs ago.

The weirdest Immortal show I saw was them opening for Manowar in a very small bar in Aurora (Riley's Rock House). Place exploded when they started. It was nuts.

It just seems hard to believe that they would charge that much. I saw them open for Manowar in front of 100 people in Aurora, IL. But this was almost 8 yrs ago.

100????

It was intimate indeed, but certainly more than 100.

Many people were turned away at the door by the time Manowar came on as it was oversold.

As Zod said, which I would agree with, they charge that because they can, esp if they are one of only a handful of US shows.