Gamma Ray greatest power metal ever????

Matt Barlow...oops he's not successful.
pansermastery...watch this attack...l just desecrated the sacred cow on this forum.

Barlow can teach Kai how to sing at any day...

Kai's voice is utterly annoying, which contributes for the fact that I don't think Gamma Ray is anything special... although they have a few songs that I like a lot!

Matt Barlow...oops he's not successful.
pansermastery...watch this attack...l just desecrated the sacred cow on this forum.

When trying to start something, don't make a post that sounds less like you mean it and more so that you hope people get mad.

Barlow can teach Kai how to sing at any day...

Kai's voice is utterly annoying, which contributes for the fact that I don't think Gamma Ray is anything special... although they have a few songs that I like a lot!

Actually l have to agree with you...while l'm not a fan of Barlow...l am a fan of IE & Jon. And Gamma Ray does nothing for me.

Jibrille whats amusing is the in Zods opinion that Kai cant sing!
Ironically, I find it amusing how highly you rate his vocal ability.

Half of the bands Zod named would not be around if the road had not been paved by artists like Kai.
I never questioned Kai's influence on the genre. And the fact that a band is/was influential, doesn't make me like their songs more (which is all that matters in the end). Sabbath is probably the most influential band in the history of Metal. That said, I don't like Sabbath and Ozzy can't sing (hey Ascension... how's that for kicking a sacred cow?:kickass:).

I only wish I could have 20 years+ in the music field making a living not being able to sing!!!!
Ever heard of Vince Neil? Stephen Pearcy? Brett Michaels? David Lee Roth? Lemmy? Shall I go on? You don't need to be an exceptionally talented vocalist to have a long career as a singer.

Zod

Kai is LEGENDARY!!!!!! Cant sing my #ss! Him singing in Gamma Ray is 100x better than when Scheepers was in the band!! I much prefer Kai vocals to about 3/4 of the vocalists on your 50 list Zod!!!! His delivery,style,etc is different but classic and awesome!!!! His class and perservance for the power metal genre is untouched!!!!!

I love how it seems (I may be wrong), that your blind love for Kai would make you state only good things about him. If you really think he's better than 3/4 of the vocalists on Zod's list, man, there's something wrong with you. No offense, but you seem to be one of those people who would say "That's awesome!!" even if you saw Kai taking a shit. Let's not talk about all of the greatest things he's done for Power metal and blah blah blah...

I love how it seems (I may be wrong), that your blind love for Kai would make you state only good things about him. If you really think he's better than 3/4 of the vocalists on Zod's list, man, there's something wrong with you. No offense, but you seem to be one of those people who would say "That's awesome!!" even if you saw Kai taking a shit. Let's not talk about all of the greatest things he's done for Power metal and blah blah blah...

Blind love for any musician/band is what drives a large majority of the opinions on forums, as illustrated by your screen name...:p

I believe that Sonata once said in an interview that they considered themselves melodic metal, not power metal. :err:

Gamma Ray is some great power metal, but I wouldn't put them at the top of my list.

They can say what they want but to me they are the quintessential Power Metal Band.. Driven by Double Bass, Lots of Melody, Lyrically they are there, soaring histrionic delivery!!

They probably don't want to get lumped in with the masses but if it quacks like a duck it's probably power metal :lol: :lol: :lol:

They may have redefined the genre a bit but that what makes them the best to me... :)

Yeah, they hired Edu! :puke:

I'd rather listen to Edu than Andre Matos and his often nasal and annoying delivery (though admittedly he does have his moments and can be tolerated in limited dosages). As for Gamma Ray, I've never actually be impressed by anything I've heard to the point of actually wanting to check out their releases.

Kai is largely responsible for Angra's career, compositional development, production and sound. He has guest solos AND vocals all over their catalog, and much of their material is produced at Hansen Studios.

Edu is an amazing singer - Kai is at least an equally amazing singer (preference on that is just a matter of opinion). However, saying 'Kai cannot sing' is not a matter of opinion. That is factually incorrect. That's like saying Kelly Clarkson cannot sing and William Hung can and trying to play that off as all just a matter of personal taste and opinion. There is both a subjectivity and objectivity to art. If there is no objectivity, everything is just as good as everything else and nothing can be evaluated relatively - which is obviously an obsurd notion if you follow that logic to its conclusion(s). I like to think I know at least a few things about pitch and range, and Kai is damn good with both. Consider the intro to Armageddon and the chorus of Heart of the Unicorn. That is an extremely expansive vocal range (and that's not falsetto BS or gutteral BS on either end). His pitch is dead on, he gets tons of emotional inflection into his lyrics, and he has an unrivaled (my opinion) skill at layering different types of vocal variations for a really arabesque sound. The whole conclusion of Beyond the Black Hole pretty much certifies Kai as an amazing vocalist - those are some extremely dense and clever harmonies. So, you can say you do not like Kai's singing, but you cannot say Kai cannot sing - unless you want to be wrong (not opinion wrong, just wrong wrong).