"Gonna Get Close to You..."

Ha, I saw the ISS once opening for the Misfits.

I remember reading a story about a severe van crash or catching on fire or something. Never heard anything from them again.

Last night in Paris was strange!

:lol:

And now...because of you....I will never be able to sing that song with the correct lyrics again. :lol:

Sorreeeeeeeeeee........

I won't be able to either, so we're even.

I guess Geoff has Impotent Sea Snakes envy...

http://www.myspace.com/theimpotentseasnakes

I still can't believe the ISS opened for WASP on their, "Kill Fuck Die" tour about 1998. I never heard of ISS before that night, and frankly forgot about them until I seen the photo below.

Atlanta's original clothing-optional rock band! :heh:

I saw that tour. I think it was 1997, because I remember who I went to see it with, but I could be wrong. :) 2 or 3 of those guys were, I believe, part owners of the Masquerade.

Yep, in fact their practice room was -- maybe still is -- located in front of Hell, downstairs at the Masquerade. Which is oddly appropriate.

Impotent Sea Snakes even played Dragon*Con...once.
Naked.
The radio chatter that night was...funny.
"Hey, Ed [convention chairman]! They're naked!"
(pause)
"I told them not to do that!"
"Well, they are!"
"What's hotel security doing about it?"
"Uh, nothing. I think they're enjoying it."
"What about the uniformed cop?"
"He's laughing about it."
(pause)
"Let 'em play!"

:lol:

QUEENSRŸCHE vocalist Geoff Tate is featured in a new interview with Metal Assault. An excerpt from the dicussion is available below

Q: How's this cabaret tour going for you?

Geoff: "Good! It's a real fun show and I think we're booked till the end of October right now, so it's going good and we're having a good time."

Q: I believe you came up with this cabaret idea, right?

Geoff: "Yeah."

Q: So, how did you go about convincing the other band members? I mean, were they on board with it immediately?

Geoff: "Yeah, we're always looking for different ways of presenting our music and this seemed like kind of a fun way to perform a show and find space to work on the new album as well. We hope to have that out in spring. Our show is typically a serious presentation, visually and musically. We thought it would be nice to do something different and not so serious, so the cabaret idea was born. Everyone liked the idea, got on board and having a great time with it."

Q: Were you confident that the Queensrÿche fans are going to like this show?

Geoff: "Oh yeah, I think Queensrÿche fans are pretty open-minded to lots of different art forms and we like to challenge them as well and give them new interpretations of our music whenever we can."

Q: You also did a theatrical production for the Mindcrime II tour and also with this current tour. So would you say that theatre and Queensrÿche are pretty much inseparable when it comes to tours?

Geoff: "Yeah, we like to present ourselves in a number of different ways and the theatricality has always been sort of a part of what we've done and what we like. And yeah, we go hand in hand."

http://www.metalassault.com/Interviews/080210_Queensryche.php

Wow now that I am home from work I can finally see the picture..........................................................

I guess the final straw has been reached..............

I can't believe I am saying this - fuck you Qryche.........:(.

Cabaret, to me, implies a certain quality of woman. I was kind of excited, thinking QR would tour with Rob Zombie-esque hot dancing chicks. This picture refutes that assumption, punches me in the throat, kicks me in the balls, then laughs.

I remember, (in 1986), looking at the promo photos for "RAGE FOR ORDER" in my cassette in-lay for the first time and thinking WTF!!! Looking back at those RAGE FOR ORDER photos.... in hind-sight... we really shouldn't be surprised. I mean... my lord LOOK AT SCOTT ROCKENFIELD for crying out loud!

geoff86.jpg

eddie86.jpg

scott86.jpg

chris86.jpg

michael86.jpg

promo86.jpg

I feel compelled to pop in "Rocky Horror Picture Show" DVD.

Let's do the time warp again!

Saw the show last night in Houston. Sadly it was a waste of time and money. Only a few of the caberat performers were worth a damn and it did nothing for the music or the band's performance. Instead it slowed the entire show down. The show was close to two hours long but there were huge gaps of nothing on the stage. After every song or two, the stage would go black for a couple of minutes. So it killed any momentum.

Even worse, the song selections sucked. It was 60% stuff from HITF, Q2K, and Tribe. Another 25% were the weakest songs from Promised Land. Only two from Empire and one pathetic version of The Lady Wore Black. So the metal material was almost totally missing. But the weakest and silliest was the dancing Indian during the drum solo. WTF! :rolleyes:

Shame. The American Soldier tour was actually pretty good with some decent stage performances and song selection (from the new album, RFO and Warning). For the Cabaret tour; the songs sucked, the band's performance was mediocre, and the Cabaret performers were boring. Overall, one of the dullest and most disappointing concerts I have ever been to.

And Geoff was only shirtless with the robe. He didn't strip to the speedos. So I didn't get what I came for. :lol:

I am one of the few people that actually liked some of HITNF - probably half of it is really cool I think - I love Q2K, Tribe is OK, O:M2 is pretty decent too, although when you see them do it live with OM1, you gain a whole new appreciation for it and it comes across a ton stronger. I've seen them 10-15 times.

I'm with you. I really enjoyed half of HITNF (You is one of my favorite QR songs). OM2 was quite good, especially when paired up with OM1, as you said.

I've been one of the "defenders", but I think I've finally given up. There was a time when QR was my favorite band, and not just the "classic" early era. After 10+ shows (every tour from PL to American Soldier), I finally decided after the American Soldier show that Geoff's voice had just fallen off too far to be enjoyable anymore and that was likely my last show.

Now that I know more about this Cabaret tour, I'm definitely done. Oh well, I have a lot of awesome QR CDs to listen to - that will never stop :cool:

Hmmm. Maybe there is something in that wine he has created, that has made him lose his mind. Love old QR but not sure if this is the look he should be sportin'. 10 or 20 years ago. O.k.

Here's Geoff at the very start of his career. Isn't there a shadow of a resemblance to the photo that kicked off this thread?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQUeUZvrag&feature=search[/ame]