Headliner #2 Confirmed:

Now THAT'S the kind of headliner that I like to see Glenn pull out of his ass - that just might make it worth my while!

We shall see... we shall see...

Well I love it. Their last two albums have been great.

Thanks Glenn.

I'm sure the 'returner' thing fell through. It happens. I'm sure we'll get a nice returner in the Showcase.

'controversial', Mr Harveston? :Smug: I think not.

heh heh, actually this wasn't a band I had on the radar, but I am certainly not disappointed. I do not know them that well, but I've heard great things about Amorphis. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing them deliver the goods! :kickass:

Not one of the bands I hoped for, but I'm always open to good music and I'm excited it is Amorphis. Thanks for the hard work Glenn! I'll be adding them to my Pandora station tonight!

Do they have any tempo changes? All three songs posted sound very similar, not to mention generic.

At least we get Iced Earth! From the roster annoucement last year, I wasn't planning on attending, dependant on the headliners. I do enjoy the festival very much, don't get me wrong. But money, and that I will be starting a new job in June/July, made going this year very dependant on the annoucements.

Iced Earth sold my ticket :headbang:

Amorphis are one of those bands I thought I'd never get to see. I wasn't even aware they had toured the States previously but they may have bypassed the Dallas area anyway, who knows? In any case, I'm really excited about Amorphis as a headliner! :headbang: This is a real surprise and I for one would never have guessed that they were even being considered. I'm glad that they were!! :headbang:

Do they have any tempo changes? All three songs posted sound very similar, not to mention generic.

At least we get Iced Earth! From the roster annoucement last year, I wasn't planning on attending, dependant on the headliners. I do enjoy the festival very much, don't get me wrong. But money, and that I will be starting a new job in June/July, made going this year very dependant on the annoucements.

Iced Earth sold my ticket :headbang:

Amorphis? Generic? I don't see how you could possibly say that at all! To each his own, I guess. I'm not the biggest Amorphis fan you'll find. In fact, I only like 3 of their albums (one of those being the most recent disc). However, those 3 albums are 10/10 for me. They are absolutely incredible.

I really like Amorphis's placement, too. Following Riverside will mean a very atmospheric few hours.

Um, easy? Listen to those 3 clips posted. Very close in tempo. Song structure is very similar. Vocal range is very similar.

Hence, very generic.

Try hunting up some songs from albums like "Elegy", "Tuonela", or "Tales From the 10,000 Lakes". Amorphis' style has gone through distinct phases, ranging from death metal to more atmospheric (as has previously been mentioned), so maybe you'll find something there a little more to your liking. It's worth a shot anyway.