Headliner #2 Confirmed:

Some of their earlier stuff in the transition from complete death:
Black Winter Day
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVLCHDw9vOk&feature=related[/ame]

Against Widows
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En_OKjztXUQ&feature=related[/ame]

this is pretty cool! Not somehting that I'd expect, but really cool! I Was like "amorphis headlining PP? WTF?"....
I love a bunch of their stuff! I saw them last year in Finland, they kicked ass...

I know I am in the vast minority, but my favorite album (by far) is Tuonela... I fucking LOVE it! And they even played a couple songs from it on the show in finland last year... Hopefully they will keep a couple tracks from it in their set list! :)

Hmm, I've always stayed away from "Far From the Sun"; that's the only one I don't have-- perhaps that will change very soon.

Add to cart.

Checkout.

Submit Payment.

Print receipt.

Done.

this is pretty cool! Not somehting that I'd expect, but really cool! I Was like "amorphis headlining PP? WTF?"....
I love a bunch of their stuff! I saw them last year in Finland, they kicked ass...

I know I am in the vast minority, but my favorite album (by far) is Tuonela... I fucking LOVE it! And they even played a couple songs from it on the show in finland last year... Hopefully they will keep a couple tracks from it in their set list! :)

I like Tuonela quite a bit myself actually. In fact, it was the first Amorphis album I stumbled upon and bought and then I branched out from there to their other albums. I would hope they'd play a couple of songs from Tuonela at PPIX.

Black Winter Day

Oh I hope they play that. .....

Beg.gif

Hmm, I've always stayed away from "Far From the Sun"; that's the only one I don't have-- perhaps that will change very soon.

That album didn't grow on me very quickly at all but after several spins I find myself liking it more. I don't think it will ever be one of my favorites in their catalog but it does have some very good moments on it in my opinion, just not as many as I would have hoped. Perhaps I need to listen to it again -- it's been awhile.

Talk about an oddball.....Amorphis was the last band I would think of as a PPUSA headliner, noting their death metal history. Noting with Amorphis now being a PPUSA headliner, will it open the door for bands like Akercocke to play PPUSA?

Very gutsy choice, Glenn. This is gonna be some event. :headbang::kickass::worship:

I have 4 cds by the band...guess I need to see how many more they have.

Oh man, oh man! I'm so excited I can barely type!! No effing way!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this band. Wow, now I'm speechless. More later if I regain my verbosity.

Nope I do not like death metal. But at the same time I have nothing against it or people who like it. Different strokes for different folks I say. But I guess to fine tune my question, Did Amorphis start out as death metal? When did they go into cleaner vocals and on which albums?

I have to say... I'm shocked. For starters, this is the first time I've been a fan of both headliners since PPII. Second, I was sure I would be subjected to the likes of Helloween, Rhapsody, Gamma Ray, or some such Power Metal band that I can't stand. But lastly, I'm shocked Amorphis would be in this spot. First, because I never viewed them as a headliner. But also, because the majority of their vocals are growled. All that said, it's a great selection. Kudos of a great, diverse line-up.

Zod

I'm shocked Amorphis would be in this spot. First, because I never viewed them as a headliner. But also, because the majority of their vocals are growled. All that said, it's a great selection. Kudos of a great, diverse line-up.

Zod

That is why I am still speechless. Now, I hope that this would bend the long standing prohibition against growls.

Akercocke fo PP X anyone?

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!
OOOHHH MYYYY FUCKKIINNNGGG GODDDDDDDD!!!!!!

HELLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GLENN!

I am already dancing to the guitar solo on ON RICH AND POOR!!!

Fuck the haters, Amorphis will slay!!!!

Because it sounds like you dont like death metal and didn't try to listen to these guys..

ha, awesome.

After coming up as a Queensryche/Savatage/power metal fan, what was the first album with growls that I ever bought? Amorphis - Elegy. Of course, that was 11 years ago, but hey, it's never too late!

But also, because the majority of their vocals are growled.

C'mon, let's not scare people away now! I haven't done the math, but I'd say their last "majority-growled" album was "Tales From the Thousand Lakes", seven albums ago. "Elegy" feels like about 50/50 to me, and then by "Tuonela"/"Am Universum" they only appeared in a song or two. Even with with new singer, though the growls seem sprinkled around a bit more throughout the songs again, the albums are still dominated by clean vocals (though the new guy does sing in several different voices along the clean-growl continuum).

Besides that, I could have written everything else you said in your post myself.

Gonna ride the bike again? :kickass:

Probably not, unfortunately. I just did another cross-country ride last summer, so I don't have much vacation time stocked up. :(

Neil