IMMORTAL US Tour 2011

Osiris' Eyes

El Duderino
Jan 18, 2006
Windy City
Not sure how I missed this and I apologize if this has already been posted, and thanks to fellow poster Raising Iron calling me last night to alert me about this, the Sons of Northern Darkness, Immortal, has announced a mini tour for early 2011. :worship:

The following was taken from the Immortal website and the post date was Wednesday the 17th.

Stoked to see them in Chicago at the Bottom Lounge on February 22...the perfect time of year to see them. Oh, and by the way, they will be with Absu!!! Finally get to see Proscriptor in action. Interesting collection of cities too...

IMMORTAL U.S. dates 2011
November 17th, 2010
In February next year Immortal will do 6 more shows in the US,
and these will be the final concerts in North America for “All Shall Fall”.
Absu will join as special guests for all dates.

See you all in February!

ALL SHALL FALL U.S.A. 2011:

02/19 New York (NY) – Gramercy Theater (16+) >>Get tickets
02/20 Baltimore (MD) – Sonar (all ages) >> Get tickets
02/21 Pittsburgh (PA) – Mr. Small´s Theatre (all ages) >> Get tickets
02/22 Chicago (IL) – The Bottom Lounge (17+) >> Get tickets
02/24 Denver (CO) – Summit Music Hall (all ages) >> Get Tickets
02/26 San Antonio (TX) – Backstage Live (all ages) >> Get Tickets

I really want to see this!!! I'm only 8 hours from Chicago, but it's a TUESDAY show! I'd really have to plan for it to get off work. Seems unlikely though. :erk:

I may end up going to this, all things depending. I will have to wait a bit before I make the plunge and get tickets though.

February is turning into a good month for Chicago concerts. I hate it when that happens though, as I would rather them be spread out. Between this, Gamma Ray and Slash I'm sure I'm gonna have to pick a poison.

Immortal could sell out Nokia easily. Shit, I would even think they would come close in either Beacon Theater or Radio City. I'm serious.

lol... So that's why they're playing Gramercy? They sold out BB's like a month before the show and it was their only east-coast reunion show. Nah, Gramercy is just about right for a band like Immortal. Dimmu Borgir probably couldn't even sell out Radio City unless it was a US exclusive performance.

Between this, Gamma Ray and Slash I'm sure I'm gonna have to pick a poison.

Let's see....
You have:
Immortal = Possibly the greatest live black metal band ever
Gamma Ray = Kai Hansen, who single handedly created both German Speed metal as well as power metal
Slash = Solo artist who has to obtain lame guest musicians to even get his album discussed anywhere. Also, how exciting will Slash with hired guns be? Just my opinion of course, but you are talking about two premeire metal acts of all time in both Immortal and Gamma Ray.

Let's see....
You have:
Immortal = Possibly the greatest live black metal band ever
Gamma Ray = Kai Hansen, who single handedly created both German Speed metal as well as power metal
Slash = Solo artist who has to obtain lame guest musicians to even get his album discussed anywhere. Also, how exciting will Slash with hired guns be? Just my opinion of course, but you are talking about two premeire metal acts of all time in both Immortal and Gamma Ray.

I'm a big Slash fan and he tends to be pretty good live. I also don't know how many more times he'll do a solo tour. Matter of difference of taste here. Plus, the Slash show is on a Sunday, whereas the other two are on weekdays.

Gamma Ray is definitely one of my top bands. If I go to two out of the three, unfortunately it may be GR I sit out on just due to the fact that I have seen them before.

Immortal I do like a lot, but probably out of the three, I'm least familiar with them. However, this is another situation where they might not hit here again, so that's probably the show I most likely will attend.

It's probably one of those things though, where I probably won't decide until January -- unless I get a damn good job, which I'm not exactly betting on this time of year.