My personal thoughts on the Kamelot situation

I see some of you guy's suggestions for replacements, and they are all "ball pinchers" meaning the high pitch vocal range. This style doesnt fit Kamelot at all. Im sure there is someone out there that can work with Thomas Youngblood's writing, but i still think this is the end for this band. as anything they do now will not get the support they had before. this really does suck.

LOL Khan used to have that high range, too.

The only reason I wouldn't want to see Sir Russell join Kamelot is that I don't want to see anything happen to Symphony X. It would be cool to hear him sing some Kamelot tunes though.

I really don't get some people. The thought of Russell Allen and Fabio Lione leaving SX and Rhapsody are *bizarre* to say the least. These two guys would never trade their current bands to go sing in Kamelot.

Speculation is a lot of fun, but it also has to make sense...

I think Mike Eriksen is still the best fit. He hit all of the high notes flawlessy and if you closed your eyes and just listened to the show, you'd almost swear Khan was up on the stage. Why sell Mike short?

I think Mike Eriksen is still the best fit. He hit all of the high notes flawlessy and if you closed your eyes and just listened to the show, you'd almost swear Khan was up on the stage. Why sell Mike short?

Then who would fill Mike's shoes in Circus Maximus? Either Mike would have to juggle two bands or Circus Maximus would take a pretty heavy hit. I don't think either would be a good outcome in the long run for fans of the genre. I, for one, don't want to see Mike leave Circus Maximus.

Then who would fill Mike's shoes in Circus Maximus? Either Mike would have to juggle two bands or Circus Maximus would take a pretty heavy hit. I don't think either would be a good outcome in the long run for fans of the genre. I, for one, don't want to see Mike leave Circus Maximus.
Things happen in life. Would Mike turn down a great opportunity if it was available? Here's an analogy. Would a baseball player choose to stay in AAA ball, or take a shot at the major league level?

Agree 100%. Much as Mike did a *GREAT* job filling in for Khan, I don't want to see Circus Maximus change one bit. Kamelot has plenty of options to replace Roy...why screw up one of the best bands of the genre in the process? If he could comfortably handle being in *both* bands, then fine, but I don't see that working.

Not like it's my decision, anyway, but since we're throwing out ideas and opinions, that's mine.

Craig
P.S. And Thomas, don't even *think* about trying to steal Tommy from Seventh Wonder...sure, use him on a few dates for next year's tour, I'm all for that...but that's it! Ya hear me, Thomas?? :D

I really don't get some people. The thought of Russell Allen and Fabio Lione leaving SX and Rhapsody are *bizarre* to say the least. These two guys would never trade their current bands to go sing in Kamelot.

Well first of all Kamelot is a Bigger Draw world wide than SX. also Russel wouldn't have to leave SX seeing they go 5 years in between albums, and their tour cycle usually isnt that long. Kamelot would reinvent themselves in a better way then some generic power metal singer you guys seem to want them to get. It wont happen i am sure but it would be a great idea. Someone else also said that Roy sang in a high register before. Well yes he has the range to do that but his normal vocals are always in the mid range even in Conception. I really think they need to stay away from those types as they will just be another me too band at that point.

If Khan DOES leave, and Kamelot DOES look for a replacement, I hope they choose to replace him with an unknown talent. I'm sure there must be plenty.

Andre Matos for the replacement...
:popcorn:

Andre Matos for the replacement...
:popcorn:

homer-facepalm.jpg

If Khan DOES leave, and Kamelot DOES look for a replacement, I hope they choose to replace him with an unknown talent. I'm sure there must be plenty.

I totally agree with this! I'd love to see a new face and hear a new voice. The world is full of them!

I would never object a complete newbie. As long as the voice is good and it fits the band.

Now, why are you still saying *IF*? I mean, sure, it wasn't officially announced but I think it's a bit naive to actually think (especially after Glenn's post) that he's returning.

All you power Metal Dudes keep suggesting these high vocal range guys... Andre Matos? no thanks... overated in my opinion. There is one that i like who isn't in a major band at the moment who has some mid range quality to him anyway , Mats Levin, he is talanted and may fit the gothy look kamelot is going for, im a big fan of his work with Therion and would love to here more from him somewhere anyway!